closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 43 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,150 of 5492

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Not a day goes by when the same names on here don’t have a pop at united, I’ve said it before
    Hated adored never ignored

I question the football knowledge of some on here who clearly take more enjoyment from rivals losing than there own team winning.

The reality is that it’s no surprise we lost to Brighton who ARE a better team than us at this moment in time

The fact they’ve beaten us 4 in a row and could have had more than 3 didn’t surprise me one bit,
    Fair play to them a joy to watch

Nice easy game away to Munich midweek will give you lads plenty of chance to stick the knife in

I’m a football fan first and foremost and a United supporter 2nd, grown men having pops at other teams never ceases to amaze me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To be fair Rob, I don’t think anyone is giving it out, we are just pointing out how far your lot have regressed. The club is in turmoil in more than a few ways and to lump all the blame on the Glazers is both naive and wrong.
    Ten Hags signings have bordered on criminal they are that bad.
    His tactics or plans are very poor .

The players themselves need a huge wake up call.
    I read that Rashford , yesterday playing from wide had eight shots but didn’t create a single chance for his teammates. That’s selfish .

Casemeiro and Martinez are expensive mistakes , Sancho looks done, Antony could be in big trouble . Mount does exactly the same job as Eriksen only not as well . The keeper is pony, the back four wouldn’t get playing time in some championship sides and the wish.com Haaland up front is already carrying the weight of the teams expectations.

I was on the tram yesterday heading into town and the fans were disgruntled to say the least . They think Ten Hag is out of his depth and think he will be out by Christmas. Lose on Tuesday and there’ll be more pressure on him .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martin123 View Post
    Team that played yesterday at Utd, with six changes to the last game against Newcastle. I was more than a bit worried when I saw this. However De Zerbi proved me wrong, and there is a need to rotate in Europe. At least he could bring on the new boy Fati and the first teamers at the end in Pedro and Ferguson.
    Quite a few others rested though.
    Good to see we can play the same way whoever is in the team. Went away from Old Trafford very impressed.

Jason Steele - £0.0m
    Joel Veltman - £0.9m
    Jan Paul van Hecke - £1.7m
    Lewis Dunk - £0.0m
    Tariq Lamptey - £1.5m
    Pascal Groß - £2.6m
    Mahmoud Dahoud - £0.0m
    Simon Adingra - £6.9m
    Adam Lallana - £0.0m
    Karou Mitoma - £2.6m
    Danny Welbeck - £0.0m
    Trying to buy the Premier League will never work .

The worst Man Utd team since next season's side.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    Evened itself out though as disallowing the previous goal for an infraction on the keeper is a joke.

Some more officiating howlers too yesterday, joke of a penalty against Palace and then should have ben ordered to be re-taken as Villa player was clearly inside the box when taken but both officials missed it. The Palace #2 even pointed it out to the ref but presumably VAR can't intervene if the two clowns officiating have missed that?
    Yep I think that’s the worst pair of decisions within a few mins in the same game I’ve seen for a while.

Even as a long time member of the Goalkeepers Union’ the Bees keeper was weak and used the unnecessary levels of protection offered by the ref to his advantage.

Also never a penalty. Gordon was clever and drew the ‘foul’ and won the penalty. But it’s a bit underhand and a Toon fan I still don’t like it.

They did balance each other out but refereeing really shouldn’t be that difficult and VAR as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Blaming the owners is a bit strange considering the money invested in the playing squad . There’s no doubt they are using the club as a cash cow but they have always backed the manager with finance . I think Utd fans are just looking to deflect from team performance, reallly poor recruitment and awful performances.
    The sense of entitlement is huge with their fans and it’s always delicious when they are reduced to a sideshow against better teams like Brighton .
    Bear in mind that they could’ve lost to both Wolves and Notts Forest and they would be in relegation trouble.
    That’s what I don’t get with United fans.

The Glazers have spent absolutely mad money on transfers for the club. They’ve backed every single manager with big money and it’s not their fault the teams hasn’t performed.

Yes they are taking money out the club but they are also making vast amounts of money available for transfers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Superb

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post

Yes they are taking money out the club but they are also making vast amounts of money available for transfers.

Are they? I thought this was all borrowed money secured against the club itself. That’s why the club debt is reportedly up to £1bn now.

Maybe if it was actually their own money they’d be more careful about who they put in control of it.

Master

Premier League 2023-24

To be fair Rob, I don’t think anyone is giving it out, we are just pointing out how far your lot have regressed. The club is in turmoil in more than a few ways and to lump all the blame on the Glazers is both naive and wrong.
    Ten Hags signings have bordered on criminal they are that bad.
    His tactics or plans are very poor .

The players themselves need a huge wake up call.
    I read that Rashford , yesterday playing from wide had eight shots but didn’t create a single chance for his teammates. That’s selfish .

Casemeiro and Martinez are expensive mistakes , Sancho looks done, Antony could be in big trouble . Mount does exactly the same job as Eriksen only not as well . The keeper is pony, the back four wouldn’t get playing time in some championship sides and the wish.com Haaland up front is already carrying the weight of the teams expectations.

I was on the tram yesterday heading into town and the fans were disgruntled to say the least . They think Ten Hag is out of his depth and think he will be out by Christmas. Lose on Tuesday and there’ll be more pressure on him .

- - - Updated - - -

Trying to buy the Premier League will never work .
    No one has a right to stay at the top so the regression you talk about hasn’t happened overnight???

All teams have spells, history will tell you that and so I disagree and think people are falling over themselves to take pop shots - united sell papers that’s a fact hence it’s all united in turmoil when it should be praising Brighton.

I don’t disagree in regards to the signings and the amount being spent but we’ve always over paid that’s to do with the director of football etc above the manager, recruitment is the 1 priority for any team get it wrong and your in big trouble and we’ve consistently done that over a long period of time

I also don’t disagree that players need to do more - casemiro looks very leggy all of a sudden, o don’t know what Mount is, and the wide players where do you start!!! I also agree regards your example of rashford yesterday but hey bad day at the office

Regards recruitment :
    Liverpool as an example signed a whole new midfield in one window - I don’t slate them in fact I look with envy how seamless they’ve sorted that issue and same with city how they don’t overpay as a prime example

Eth may or may not be the right man but he over achieved last year got rid of a lot of dead wood and is addressing the culture for me he deserves time I do however completely agree on recent signings but he has credit for me having over achieved last year and adding a trophy and that should give him time, Klopp and arteta both have had that and it’s proven to work

I hate this culture of sack the manager etc etc etc and I hate the fact that everyone wants to jump on the band wagon

I’d also bet the generic match going red at home still expects swashbuckling fergie football and are completely deluded - I guarantee the away fans don’t feel the same and the booing comes from day trippers still stuck in the 90s

Last edited by R0bertb00th; 17th September 2023 at 16:40.

Apart from Arsenal away last season that’s the best away performance I’ve seen from Brighton.
    Utd were really dangerous for the first twenty minutes then De Zerbi changed tactics.
    Utd were unbeaten for 13 months at home until we became the team to take that off them. We have know beaten them in the last four league games played.

There’s a good side in Utd and the new striker looked a handful. They do seem to have a policy of signing a few problem players and have a lot of players with attitudes.

Not that different to when Ferguson first went to Utd when was a lot of work to do. I think their present manager is going about it the right way.

Spoke to lots of Utd season ticket holders, most of being reflective and some remembered pre Ferguson days so are used to highs and lows.

Good to see Glazer out banners in Stretford End.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    Evened itself out though as disallowing the previous goal for an infraction on the keeper is a joke.

Some more officiating howlers too yesterday, joke of a penalty against Palace and then should have ben ordered to be re-taken as Villa player was clearly inside the box when taken but both officials missed it. The Palace #2 even pointed it out to the ref but presumably VAR can't intervene if the two clowns officiating have missed that?
    You're wrong on both points.

Firstly, it was a definite penalty. The Palace player doesn't touch the ball, and then brings Watkins down. As they both fall because of the foul, the Palace player's leg then touches the ball to knock it away. But by then, he'd already fouled Watkins, so the penalty and subsequent ignoring of VAR was correct.

Secondly, the rules are that VAR will only order a penalty to be retaken because of encroachment if the encroaching player has a 'material impact on the outcome of the kick'.

Master
    That’s what I don’t get with United fans.

The Glazers have spent absolutely mad money on transfers for the club. They’ve backed every single manager with big money and it’s not their fault the teams hasn’t performed.

All they've done is throw money at the various managers. No investment in OT or Carrington and no investment in scouting, performance or recruitment. It was only a couple of years ago when they first appointed a director of football ffs. That worked fine when Fergie ran the club from top to bottom, but the game has evolved and most other clubs are run very differently these days.

Contrast that with what City's owners have done since their arrival with the new stadium and training ground, and building a large backroom hierarchy to support the manager on recruitment etc. They were even recruiting in anticipation for Pep's arrival when he was still at Bayern, whereas the Glazer's have just had a merry go round of managers and given each one £200m a year to try to buy a trophy.

The whole club needs a rebuild starting with new owners and then the right structures put in place. Spunking a wad of cash every year whilst the owners watch from afar clearly isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Not a day goes by when the same names on here don’t have a pop at united, I’ve said it before
    Hated adored never ignored
    Indeed. You just have to look at todays gossip column on the BBC and you'll read -

Barcelona have not yet discussed a contract extension with former Manchester United target Frenkie de Jong, 26, with the Netherlands midfielder's current deal running to 2026.
    I mean seriously, the guy clearly has no desire to leave Barca and he's another three years on his contract, but United wanted him last year, so run the 'story' anyway because it's United and it generates the clicks and views.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    You're wrong on both points.
    In your opinion which has no more value than mine or plenty I have heard who say it was not a penalty and it should have been re-taken!

Firstly, it was a definite penalty. The Palace player doesn't touch the ball, and then brings Watkins down. As they both fall because of the foul, the Palace player's leg then touches the ball to knock it away. But by then, he'd already fouled Watkins, so the penalty and subsequent ignoring of VAR was correct.
    In slow motion you can see he touches the ball twice, once before he makes contact with Watkins and once after. Watch MOTD!

Secondly, the rules are that VAR will only order a penalty to be retaken because of encroachment if the encroaching player has a 'material impact on the outcome of the kick'.
    I said I don't know the rules about VAR for encroachment but Law 14 still says encroachment is an offence that requires the penalty to be re-taken. The officials missed it, fact, if they did their job properly it should have been re-taken.

Master

Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by Martin123 View Post
    Apart from Arsenal away last season that’s the best away performance I’ve seen from Brighton.
    Utd were really dangerous for the first twenty minutes then De Zerbi changed tactics.
    Utd were unbeaten for 13 months at home until we became the team to take that off them. We have know beaten them in the last four league games played.

There’s a good side in Utd and the new striker looked a handful. They do seem to have a policy of signing a few problem players and have a lot of players with attitudes.

Not that different to when Ferguson first went to Utd when was a lot of work to do. I think their present manager is going about it the right way.

Spoke to lots of Utd season ticket holders, most of being reflective and some remembered pre Ferguson days so are used to highs and lows.

Good to see Glazer out banners in Stretford End.
    Congratulations to you for a considered review and some honest feedback as opposed to the haters who just spiel same old tosh

Brighton we’re great yesterday tweaked tactics and dominated the game and fully deserved the win, as I alluded too you are a pleasure to watch and the model there is something to behold

Hopefully with time and sensible expectations we’ll be back before long enough

Good luck to the seagulls particularly as you enter into Europe I’ll be routing for you

Last edited by R0bertb00th; 17th September 2023 at 18:04.

Master
    Some finish that. Top drawer (or draw as oft said on here!)

Everton are absolutely awful. No idea in possession.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    The highlights reel of this game could be condensed into about 7 seconds .
    I’d be a bit concerned if I was an Arsenal fan. A lot of their players have balance issues .

The highlights reel of this game could be condensed into about 7 seconds .
    I’d be a bit concerned if I was an Arsenal fan. A lot of their players have balance issues .
    I was thinking there must be a grassy knoll outside Goodison where a sniper was hiding out.

I hear the bookies are paying out on City winning the league next week.

I hear the bookies are paying out on City winning the league next week.
    Only the UAE based ones .

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not wrong. This year we will implode and cease to be, how I wish that would happen and I can get back to having great happy weekends.

Pleased with the win at Everton, looking forward to Spurs as I'd imagine it will be the 1st time this season we will play a side that isn't looking to defend deep but instead will come out and attack.

We've not been fluent so far this season but teams are setting up differently against us compared to the early part of last season - even Man Utd were playing deep. And those are the sorts of games we struggled with at the back end of last season so coming up against Spurs, who I'd imagine will try to go toe to toe with us will make it a much more open game.

We'll have had a CL game in midweek so squad rotation will be key but I don't think we should risk resting too many players against Tottenham, they could be dangerous and I think we should put our 1st choice team out and I'm sure Arteta will. Trossard/Vieira looked infinitely better than Havertz, and the midfield was much more balanced.

Raya had distribution skills at a much higher level than Ramsdale today. Playing away at Everton probably isn't the best benchmark but I do think Raya will keep the number 1 jersey for the foreseeable and I reckon Ramsdale will be sold in the January window.

Master

Premier League 2023-24

Selling the most valuable keeper in world football ?

Last edited by Ivan Drago; 18th September 2023 at 07:05.

Master

Perhaps they need to balance the books, have spent a tidy amount this summer.

United will be all over this

Not the best performance again from Arsenal, struggling to get going this season. Need to start playing Jesus and give Trossard more game time, and stick Eddie is the reserves or please just sell him, he had the least touches of any player yesterday, waste of space.

We have a tough run of matches coming up, Spurs will be hard and then City. Liverpool are back to winning, Top 4 will be a test for us this season. City going to walk it again this season.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Not the best performance again from Arsenal, struggling to get going this season. Need to start playing Jesus and give Trossard more game time, and stick Eddie is the reserves or please just sell him, he had the least touches of any player yesterday, waste of space.

We have a tough run of matches coming up, Spurs will be hard and then City. Liverpool are back to winning, Top 4 will be a test for us this season. City going to walk it again this season.
    It is still early days and you’re getting the results so not bad at all.

I agree nobody will get near City this season and maintain Arsenal will be nowhere near as close as they got last year but should make top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post

It's because teams are sitting deep against us now, making it hard to play expansive football. City and Liverpool have had to deal with this for years now, and it is our turn as well. Still we are finding a way to win. Spurs will attack us which should make it easier to play fast attacking football

Anyone fancy the chance to own a Joe Gomez parking bay sign? What, nobody?

A unique piece of Liverpool history

I like Gomez and I'm a lifelong Liverpool fan, but seriously, who writes this shit?

Master
    Gomez is crap and that’s genuinely horrendous.

Football is actually pathetic nowadays.

Gomez is crap and that’s genuinely horrendous.

Football is actually pathetic nowadays.

I take it you didn’t win it then ?

North London Derby on Sunday. Should be a cracking game now that Spurs have ditched Conte-ball and will surely attack. Can see lots of goals in this one at both ends, Maddison could be a handful for the Arsenal midfield

Will be odd not seeing Kane score his customary penalty against us.

Strange to say this as an Arsenal fan but I think Postecoglou is a breath of fresh air and I really like him.

Master
    Really do fear for Forest. This could be a big scoreline.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Really do fear for Forest. This could be a big scoreline.
    To be fair it was 6-0 last season

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    To be fair it was 6-0 last season
    Yes I felt with the two early goals it could be worse today. Forest have stemmed the City domination somewhat in last 15 minutes or so.

Blog Entries
    What position is Matheus Nunes playing?

One minute he’s on the left wing, next he’s right back …

z

Madness from Rodri.

Master
    Madness from Rodri.
    Absolutely mental, was no need whatsoever.

Blog Entries
    Madness from Rodri.
    Silly boy.

z

When we play City this coming Wednesday they won't have Rodri, De Bruyne, Silva, Stones or Kovacic available yet will probably beat us fairly easily.

Blog Entries
    When we play City this coming Wednesday they won't have Rodri, De Bruyne, Silva, Stones or Kovacic available yet will probably beat us fairly easily.
    not if we have Kalvin Phillips in that central role

…& we should be 3 up now

z

Master
    Blog Entries
    As a Everton supporter who accepts we are total $hit but there is still a little hope after watching Luton v Wolves,two teams who are total $hit as well.

Rodri misses the games against Newcastle in the EFL Cup and Brighton and Arsenal in the PL. Silly boy.

12 v 10 seems to make it a bit more even .

Can’t for the life of me understand at 2-0 up why Rodri got sucked into that red card. From then on Forest we’re definitely looking to draw City into more reckless behaviour. Never seen such a poorly disciplined performance from City in a long time.

Even Ederson went head to head with a Forest player after Rodri’s red card…… utter madness

Master
    Was very uncharacteristic I agree Sevvy and at a point in game where it was practically won anyway.

Master
    Everton showing some fight tonight.

Michael Oliver getting in the way of a shot where the goalkeeper was miles away from his goal! Sure, the shot was probably 40 yards out but a good chance of a goal.

The state of that Man Utd line-up after spending a billion quid.