closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111
Results 5,501 to 5,538 of 5538

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Not a foul for me that, no arms used.

Carlos just got out muscled. He didn’t even appeal for a foul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely this. Happens 100 times a game up and down the country. That's why you've always tended to have the big units at centre back!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

I do agree, my previous comment about it definitely being a foul was in reference to the modern game.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Absolutely this. Happens 100 times a game up and down the country. That's why you've always tended to have the big units at centre back!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I saw the foul in real time it was so obvious. A blatant push in the back with no attempt to get the ball. As clear a foul as you’ll see. Cracking game though.
    According to Shearer and Wright definitely not a foul, they must be correct otherwise why would the Beeb employ them

Robbed again by VAR

Master
    You need to see it from the angle that shows the defender is backing in, another VAR error.

We've been played off the park so far yet are 2-0 up.

I've always liked Arsenal. Keep it up you beautiful Gooners.

Thing with Spurs is they play it about but are always 1 turnover away from letting a goal in.

3-0, marvellous. Looks like the break did Spurs the power of good.

Spurs so disappointing and naive. Really they do not deserve CL place

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post

They’ll be a different team once Son and Maddison return .

Seems there's a fire drill

Master
    Maddison has got to stop with the theatrics. It’s pathetic and, today, cost them the second goal.

What on earth was Raya playing at?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Seems there's a fire drill
    No, just in the hospitality bars after half time. All seats look full again now, unlike when Arsenal were 3-0 down at home a couple of games ago!

Are Arsenal doing a Liverpool. City must be laughing their bollocks off, no one wants to challenge.

Fair play to Arsenal .
    On paper , a tough game and they did manage it in the last few minutes .
    If they go on to win the league , I’ll be the first one to say
    €*+< off you stuffy so n so s .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries
    Last edited by mart broad; 28th April 2024 at 17:07.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post

Brutal, but funny….but still brutal 🫣😁

Tough one today for the 115 .
    Still, onwards and upwards .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thing with Spurs is they play it about but are always 1 turnover away from letting a goal in.
    Have to say, I thought you were very fortunate to win today. We effectively handed it to you but were the better side for most of the game.

What utter nonsense.

After 38 games the table doesn't lie, if they get a CL spot they'll have deserved it over the season.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Have to say, I thought you were very fortunate to win today. We effectively handed it to you but were the better side for most of the game.

What utter nonsense.
    I wouldn't disagree with much of that however you were very poor at corners.

With Villa dropping points yesterday it isn't a fatal blow for the CL spots.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    United will be offloading Antony on the cheap this summer.

ten Hag has brought in Martinez, Antony and Malacia from Dutch football. Spent Ł150m.

I’d rate them all as poor buys. I don’t think Malacia has played a single game this season. Antony has a very limited (one) range of play, is injury prone and displays behaviours that don’t go down well in the north of England. On the face of it, Martinez can be decent, but again is prone to injuries, so what’s the point.

From what I can gather, they didn’t play that many games each season in the Netherlands. Not sure if that’s through injury or just the way it is in The Netherlands.

Then there’s been Depay, Blind, van de Beek all poor buys for United.

In the past, United have been able to recruit fantastic players from the Dutch league: van der Sar (via Fulham), Stam, van Nistelrooy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Depay: the most-overrated player on European fields. When he’s selected for the national team, a lot people start ‘head desking’, me included. And he moral compass is way, way off. (befriended with a convicted drugs dealer/guy who tried to stab his cousin to death)

Blind: apart from his assist on Van Persie during the Spain-Netherlands game, nothing worth mentioning.

Van de Beek: that’s something else. He is an asset to a team. But I guess he needs to be surrounded with the right guys. Which makes him limited.

Malacia, Martinez, Anthony: I fully agree with you.

With Spurs having to play Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City in their last 5 games, if they do make up the 7 points and goal difference on Villa, you'd have to say they'd deserve it. With our decimated squad and still having a two leg European semi final to negotiate, it could still go down to the wire.

I think the number of games over the past two weeks caught up with us, unusually sloppy on the ball and less bit in the press spurs just need more quality in midfield and out wide - they suffered when Ben

It was a massive performance from Havertz to give us an out ball during the game especially against Van der Ven who if he keeps this pace of development up will be snapped up by a big team in no time.

I'm starting to see rumblings of discontent with Ange online from Spurs fans. What's the view of Spurs fans here? Still early to judge? Needs more time? Needs a few transfer windows? Only knows how to play one way? Or is it as Cliff the Spurs fan said 'Nothing will change under overrated Ange.'

To be fair I think they've been brilliant at times this season and, like most of us, have been decimated with injuries on occasion. It certainly looked like the fans were massively onside earlier in the season and the signings of Maddison and Van der Ven we're enviable.

Master
    As other have said Arsenal were poor/sloppy, game/rest time catching up to the players as well as Tottenham pressure, but you only had 2 shots on target, which 1 was gifted by Raya's brain fart and the other the penalty.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    As other have said Arsenal were poor/sloppy, game/rest time catching up to the players as well as Tottenham pressure, but you only had 2 shots on target, which 1 was gifted by Raya's brain fart and the other the penalty.
    Romero had 2 good chances with headers.

Are Spurs a broken club, like Man Utd. They had Conte and Mourinho and neither of those could get Spurs going.

Endlessly changing the manager doesn’t always work.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Are Spurs a broken club, like Man Utd. They had Conte and Mourinho and neither of those could get Spurs going.

Endlessly changing the manager doesn’t always work.
    They have an amazing stadium and generate huge profits. With FFP being enforced stringently and nation states less able to just break the bank I'd say they are very well placed as they can reinvest profits into players and keep onside of the FFP regulations whereas other teams can't as they don't have the revenue stream/profitability.

I'd say they'll break into the Top 4 regularly soon and possibly higher up.

It was certainly a nervous period of injury time. Started to feel very April '23...

They have an amazing stadium and generate huge profits. With FFP being enforced stringently and nation states less able to just break the bank I'd say they are very well placed as they can reinvest profits into players and keep onside of the FFP regulations whereas other teams can't as they don't have the revenue stream/profitability.

I'd say they'll break into the Top 4 regularly soon and possibly higher up.
    The clubs doing well, the top three have stuck by the managers and given them time, esp. Arsenal and Liverpool. Obviously Pep took over a squad already winning the PL.

Spurs are doing well, they would have taken a top 4 at the start of the season, they might not get there but it will be close.

They outplayed us (Arsenal) yesterday, yes we gifted them 2 goals but they deserved to win, on another day could have ended 6-3, Son missed a each chance in the first half, Romero should have scored 4.

Arsenal are doing what we need to try and win, and I don't think we will drop points in our last few games, bigger issue is City wont drop points either, our only chance is if Spurs can get something when they play City, which if they play like they did yesterday with some better finishing is a possibility.

Master
    Normal service resumed with Spurs being Spursy tonight.

Great header from Chalobah which bizarrely VAR couldn’t find a reason to overturn. Makes a change! Jackson quickest to react for the second. Happy with that result

Ange looks like he's starting to unravel in front our eyes. He's showing signs of the job being far too big for him.

If Ange stared at his feet any more in the interview last night he was in danger of tipping over. I wonder if he was better at making eye contact when he went for the interview with Levy?

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Ange looks like he's starting to unravel in front our eyes. He's showing signs of the job being far too big for him.
    I'm not sure, he's taken them forward vs last season and Spurs have been hideously exposed by injuries this year. Remember last year they had Harry Kane up front, now they've got Richarlison and Werner.

Losing Udogie is a big blow for them but I'm confident they'll recover and take points off City