timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 81 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,050 of 5488

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Master
    Yernited still need a new spine.

Keeper, CB, CM to compliment Hojlund.

Amazing they have such a poor team and squad for the outlay over the last decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Vicario - £17m
    Porro - £40m
    Romero - £42m
    Van de Ven £34m
    Bentancur - £16m
    Hojberg - £16m
    Skipp - youth
    Werner - loan, (German International)
    Richarlison - £60m
    Johnson - £48m
    Udogie - £18m

Subs - Emerson - £26m
    Dragusin - £25m
    Gil - £21m

Just the £363m worth of talent playing today then, call it £400m if you include the market values of Werner and Skipp. Hardly Man City v Torquay!
    Actually, I forgot about Lo Celso.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Actually, I forgot about Lo Celso.
    Even so, it's a squad game these days and the Spurs one that took the field yesterday cost the thick end of half a billiion quid. Our entire midfield yesterday (McGinn, Luiz, Kamara, Tielemans) cost the same as what Spurs paid for Vicario.

Even so, it's a squad game these days and the Spurs one that took the field yesterday cost the thick end of half a billiion quid. Our entire midfield yesterday (McGinn, Luiz, Kamara, Tielemans) cost the same as what Spurs paid for Vicario.
    Cry me a river.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 15th January 2024 at 17:38.

Everton facing more charges. Also Forest with Wolves and Villa being rumoured. FFP is really starting to bite now, protecting the legacy big clubs and stopping promoted teams from trying to be competitive. I’m pleased our owners are being sensible to stay within the rules, however frustrating that feels at times.

It’s all a massive protection racket. You literally never hear those big legacy clubs talking about FFP. Shock 😳

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Everton facing more charges. Also Forest with Wolves and Villa being rumoured. FFP is really starting to bite now, protecting the legacy big clubs and stopping promoted teams from trying to be competitive. I’m pleased our owners are being sensible to stay within the rules, however frustrating that feels at times.

It’s all a massive protection racket. You literally never hear those big legacy clubs talking about FFP. Shock 😳

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    City going to get relegated into Sunday league side.

What can I say about City Lee? As much as I’m being sports washed by my own club’s owners, we’ve all been cheat washed by City. It’s 100% impossible to be innocent of 115 charges but I can’t see you ever facing any penalties. It’s disgusting and a disgrace that it’s taking this long, especially as other investigations are being concluded so quickly, but the sheer volume of charges makes it easier to keep kicking the whole thing into the long grass.

I still love you though 🥰

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    City going to get relegated into Sunday league side.

Sigh
    Even though you’re a master tactician , coach and all round PL footballing genius, you have literally no idea what City have been charged with.
    ITS NOT THE SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME !
    Next time you’re giving Jurgen tips at Kirkby, stick your head in the financial directors office and ask him what he knows.

What can I say about City Lee? As much as I’m being sports washed by my own club’s owners, we’ve all been cheat washed by City. It’s 100% impossible to be innocent of 115 charges but I can’t see you ever facing any penalties. It’s disgusting and a disgrace that it’s taking this long, especially as other investigations are being concluded so quickly, but the sheer volume of charges makes it easier to keep kicking the whole thing into the long grass.

I still love you though 殺
    Again David.
    What City are being charged with bears no relation whatsoever to the Forest/Everton debacle .
    Just bear in mind that these rules were voted for by other clubs, yours included, with the intention of keeping the status quo at the top table .
    Of Citys 115 charges, which I will reiterate, stems from hacked and spliced emails printed in the German Sun newspaper, 10 are about not being civil to other members of the PL . Because we didn’t show our accounts to all and sundry , the powers that be decided to charge the club. There are many others like this. It’s all fluff .

I think ( not 100% on this) we have three charges to be of some concern.
    One relates to Mancini's contract ( already disproven in the UEFA charge )
    One relates to a players contract ( generally believed to be Yaya ) . Don’t know anything about this .
    One relates to the Etisalat contract, relating to third party loans , which , again , has already been thrashed out previously.

I am absolutely not worried about these charges. The PL could well find itself up the proverbial creek .

Put it another (Ivan and all the other Liverpool fans ) way . City are guilty. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it , right ?
    So, why is it dragging on ? Where’s the smoking gun ? The proof ? Just convict the club already. Put the proof out there so people can see what we are hiding.

I’ll reiterate. I am 100% confident in the club , the chairman and the owners.

Totally different category of charges. I can see City getting exonerated.

Master
    Yes, City have generated all the money they have spent since 2008.

In those 2 seasons before FFP; they managed to obtain a massive global following and become one of the biggest commercial clubs in the world which has allowed them to sign 1.4 billion pounds worth of players over the last decade.

Amazing what you can do to maximise the revenue of a club organically in two years.

I mean it’s not like any of the 115 charges are related to breaching FFP or PSR rules or failing to disclose accurate financial records. Or anything daft like failing to provide details of sponsorship or managerial off the books pay.

Some companies just want to sponsor teams with zero global fan base and reach. Makes perfect sense.

No case to answer.

Yes, City have generated all the money they have spent since 2008.

In those 2 seasons before FFP; they managed to obtain a massive global following and become one of the biggest commercial clubs in the world which has allowed them to sign 1.4 billion pounds worth of players over the last decade.

Amazing what you can do to maximise the revenue of a club organically in two years.

I mean it’s not like any of the 115 charges are related to breaching FFP or PSR rules or failing to disclose accurate financial records. Or anything daft like failing to provide details of sponsorship or managerial off the books pay.

Some companies just want to sponsor teams with zero global fan base and reach. Makes perfect sense.

No case to answer.

Haven’t your lot got a £50 million stadium to build in Stanley Park ?

Master
    I’ve said before I think FFP is a joke. Anyone should be able to buy a team and spend whatever they want.

I’ve got no issues with Oil money or mad Yanks throwing their cash about and I’d be delighted if Oil money bought Liverpool.

But let’s not get away from the fact that City have broken the FFP rules as they exist.

As for Liverpool the breach charges related to LOSSES of 49m in one season. The defence was 35m was related to the Stanley park development that was scrapped by FSG.

This involved consultancy monies, procurement costs and termination of orders.

This was accepted as mitigation by the investigators and Liverpool cleared.

I’ve said before I think FFP is a joke. Anyone should be able to buy a team and spend whatever they want.

I’ve got no issues with Oil money or mad Yanks throwing their cash about and I’d be delighted if Oil money bought Liverpool.

But let’s not get away from the fact that City have broken the FFP rules as they exist.

As for Liverpool the breach charges related to LOSSES of 49m in one season. The defence was 35m was related to the Stanley park development that was scrapped by FSG.

This involved consultancy monies, procurement costs and termination of orders.

This was accepted as mitigation by the investigators and Liverpool cleared.

Charged with , not proven .
    You know , from a Liverpool fan , after all your supporters went through at Hillsborough , you think you’d know the difference FFS .

Master
    Eh ?

Eh ?

Never mind.
    Just celebrate the fact that you have won a few more titles, Slippy G didn’t actually matter and Brenton gets a PL winners gong in your new world .

Craftsman
    If I was charged with 115 offences and knew I had no case to answer, I would be doing all I could to get the tribunal started and my name cleared.
    What am I missing?

Master
    Never mind.
    Just celebrate the fact that you have won a few more titles, Slippy G didn’t actually matter and Brenton gets a PL winners gong in your new world .
    What’s going on here now ? Are you ok ?

I’ve stated I don’t believe in FFP.

It’s also blatantly apparent City have broken the FFP rules as they exist.

I don’t see what your issue is with the above and don’t understand your ranting ?

What’s going on here now ? Are you ok ?

I’ve stated I don’t believe in FFP.

It’s also blatantly apparent City have broken the FFP rules as they exist.

I don’t see what your issue is with the above and don’t understand your ranting ?

It’s not ranting Ivan
    Could you please point out the proof that City have broken FFP rules please ?
    No conjecture, no hearsay, no media shitstorm.
    Proof .
    Thanks
    Anyway, gotta go. I’m watching the FIFA awards thingummy.
    Pep has just been voted best manager of 2023 . I did send them a link to your chequebook manager post but it seems it’s been ignored .
    Funny that eh ?
    Last edited by thegoat; 15th January 2024 at 21:30.

Premier League 2023-24

It’s not ranting Ivan
    Could you please point out the proof that City have broken FFP rules please ?
    No conjecture, no hearsay, no media shitstorm.
    Proof .
    Thanks
    He struggles with innocent until proven guilty

I’n his court no evidence no witnesses no nothing. Straight to the gallows.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Haha come on lads, this is Ryan style daftness.

But go on, I’ll go along with you, City are innocent and organically generated 2 billion for player purchases since Sheik Mansour took control.

Haha come on lads, this is Ryan style daftness.

But go on, I’ll go along with you, City are innocent and organically generated 2 billion for player purchases since Sheik Mansour took control.

Well , now you’re on our side I’ve a confession to make .
    I believed your story about the Romanian flag wavers at the Merseyside derby .

Craftsman
    The special one has just been sacked by Roma.
    Ta ta Eddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Ta ta Eddie.
    Can't see it - he's no longer fit for purpose, especially in the EPL.

Ta ta Eddie.
    Just saw that. I really hope he comes back to the PL. The man's a genius, IMHO up there with Pep, Ancelotti and Fergie and certainly a rung above the likes of Klopp, Simeone, Arteta etc.

Apart from Newcastle I can't see any of the big clubs having a suitable vacancy. United aside but he won't go back, ditto Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Can't see it - he's no longer fit for purpose, especially in the EPL.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Just saw that. I really hope he comes back to the PL. The man's a genius, IMHO up there with Pep, Ancelotti and Fergie and certainly a rung above the likes of Klopp, Simeone, Arteta etc.

Apart from Newcastle I can't see any of the big clubs having a suitable vacancy. United aside but he won't go back, ditto Chelsea.
    LOLZ. Couldn't disagree more.

If the FA had any balls whatsoever they’d get rid of Southgate and bring Jose in now. With this group
    of players, Jose gets us over the line at the Euros. Southgate will fail again. Jose is a clown at times and doesn’t have any class but he wins. In a league where attendances are low generally he’s sold out the Stadio Olympico 44 home games in a row.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 16th January 2024 at 10:27.

Master
    One relates to Mancini's contract ( already disproven in the UEFA charge )
    One relates to a players contract ( generally believed to be Yaya ) . Don’t know anything about this .
    One relates to the Etisalat contract, relating to third party loans , which , again , has already been thrashed out previously.
    can you point me to where the mancini thing was disproven?

im not sure how you can not be concerned with this either, as this really goes to the core of it, i.e. false sponsorship income

1. In respect of each of Seasons 2009/10 to 2017/18 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those seasons that required provision by a member club to the Premier League, in the utmost good faith, of accurate financial information that gives a true and fair view of the club’s financial position, in particular with respect to its revenue (including sponsorship revenue), its related parties and its operating costs, namely:
    (a) for Season 2009/10, Premier League Rules B.13, C.71, C.72, C.75 (amended to C.79 from 10 September 2009 for the remainder of Season 2009/10) and C.80;
    (b) for Season 2010/11, Premier League Rules B.13, C.78, C.79, C.86 and C.87;
    (c) for Season 2011/12, Premier League Rules B.13, E.3, 4, E.11 and E.12;
    (d) for Season 2012/13, Premier League Rules 16, E.3, E.4, E.11 and E.12;
    (e) for Season 2013/14, Premier League Rules 15, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.49;
    (f) for Season 2014/15, Premier League Rules 16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.50;
    (g) for Season 2015/16, Premier League Rules 16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.50;
    (h) for Season 2016/17, Premier League Rules16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.51; and
    (i) for Season 2017/18, Premier League Rules B.16, 3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.51.

The legend that is Thierry Henry accepting Messi's FIFA award last night "Unfortunately the winner is not here, so I will take it. You are a Tottenham fan right? You can touch it too. You usually don't get your hands on a trophy."
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Ta ta Eddie.
    He will pop over to Al-Ettifaq to replace Gerrard, then Gerrard to Newcastle, Howe to Blackburn Rovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    The legend that is Thierry Henry accepting Messi's FIFA award last night "Unfortunately the winner is not here, so I will take it. You are a Tottenham fan right? You can touch it too. You usually don't get your hands on a trophy."
    Disappointing, thought he'd have more class

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master

Looks like Arsenal have approached Everton for Amadou Onana and Jerrad Branthwaite. Makes sense given Everton needing to sell players.

Looks like Arsenal have approached Everton for Amadou Onana
    Well if they fail, I know another Onana they can have instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Least amount of money spent so far in a January transfer window since they were introduced. FFP in full effect.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Well if they fail, I know another Onana they can have instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    We've already got 2 liability keepers, 3 would be just greedy

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post

Master

Was just some banter a toffee sent me and made me chuckle - nothing you me or anyone else can do about it

In other news

Ivan Toneys 8 month ban is now over, he has returned to training and says he will be available for Brentfords 2-2 draw with Forest on Saturday

- - - Updated - - -

Was just some banter a toffee sent me and made me chuckle - nothing you me or anyone else can do about it

In other news

Ivan Toneys 8 month ban is now over, he has returned to training and says he will be available for Brentfords 2-2 draw with Forest on Saturday

Looks like Salah's done his hamstring vs Ghana this evening.

Least amount of money spent so far in a January transfer window since they were introduced. FFP in full effect.
    Good.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Time for sleepy Roy to give it up.

Ivan T straight back to it. You bet!

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Ivan T straight back to it. You bet!

He was clearly practising for if he joins Arsenal by playing great balls into attackers who continually missed the target from right in front of goal.

All the Toney nonsense makes me sick to be honest. He's been treated like Terry Waite returning, and not a bloke who broke the betting rules multiple times. And on coming back, the first thing he does is talk about moving to a bigger team, then blatantly cheats in his first match. Absolute scrote of the highest order, can't stand him.

All the Toney nonsense makes me sick to be honest. He's been treated like Terry Waite returning, and not a bloke who broke the betting rules multiple times. And on coming back, the first thing he does is talk about moving to a bigger team, then blatantly cheats in his first match. Absolute scrote of the highest order, can't stand him.
    I did think it was ironic that emblazoned all over the Brentford Jersey is 'Hollywood Bets'. I wonder why we ban tobacco advertising but not gambling platforms.

Master
    Bit dramatic isn’t it ?

He’s never bet in a game of football that he has played in.

The betting rules for footballers are absolutely daft. They should be free to bet on any game including the ones they play in ( as long as it’s for the win ).

Craftsman
    For those of you who have seen the stonewalling by the Post Office in relation to FOI requests related to Horizon failings and potential cover-ups - this is probably familiar.

https://x.com/RussellScott1/status/1...511896769?s=20

Man City having meetings with government officials to lobby them, but no records being kept of what was said, or indeed asked for.

Those 115 charges are going absolutely nowhere. Nothing will happen.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I did think it was ironic that emblazoned all over the Brentford Jersey is 'Hollywood Bets'. I wonder why we ban tobacco advertising but not gambling platforms.
    Couldn't agree more.

I thought some sort of betting advertising embargo was on the cards for the future or perhaps I misunderstood?
    Cheers,
    Neil.