closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Reconditioning brogues

Master

Reconditioning brogues

I have a pair of Allen Edmonds brogues that I bought when I lived in the States. They are over a decade old and while in generally good condition would benefit from some care. Allen Edmonds have a US based 'recrafting' service but I'd prefer not to deal with international shipping. Is there a UK based service I could use to have the uppers
    Is there some one in the UK that could refinish the uppers and replace the soles? The cork insoles are still in good shape.

I have this firm bookmarked to send my R.M.Williams boots to when they need some attention. May be worth an email or phone call.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I have this firm bookmarked to send my R.M.Williams boots to when they need some attention. May be worth an email or phone call.
    Can I ask how you chose them?

Amazed how much RMW cost these days, wish I’d purchased more a few years ago. Just as silly pricing in Oz for a farm boot from chatting with a friend down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post

Amazed how much RMW cost these days, wish I’d purchased more a few years ago. Just as silly pricing in Oz for a farm boot from chatting with a friend down there.
    Agree totally with that, bought a pair about 4 years ago and thought they weren’t cheap but but damn they’re the comfiest boots I’ve ever worn, no breaking in issues just slippery comfort out of the box. Fast forward to this year and wanting a pair of black ones and holy crap they’ve gone up about 40% again.

Master
    Haven’t used them
    https://www.tringshoerepairs.com/

But they have a YouTube channel (who doesn’t these days) & the work they put out looks good to my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I have a couple of pairs of the "Gardener" model and the first pair I bought could now do with resoling and heeling. The company I linked to turned up after I searched for a UK authorised company using original manufacturer parts. The most recent pair I bought are the "Lachlan" model, essentially a slightly longer square toed Gardener sole, which I got for £175 in a sale, which is the most I've ever paid for a pair. Given that the original pair are @ 10yrs old, I'm 66, and also have a couple of pairs of the leather soled models for "best", I doubt I'll need to buy any more!
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    Agree totally with that, bought a pair about 4 years ago and thought they weren’t cheap but but damn they’re the comfiest boots I’ve ever worn, no breaking in issues just slippery comfort out of the box. Fast forward to this year and wanting a pair of black ones and holy crap they’ve gone up about 40% again.
    Comfort wise, I wore mine brand new out of the box on a trip to Milan, walked for miles in them without any discomfort at all. Love them, just not the price.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I have a couple of pairs of the "Gardener" model and the first pair I bought could now do with resoling and heeling. The company I linked to turned up after I searched for a UK authorised company using original manufacturer parts. The most recent pair I bought are the "Lachlan" model, essentially a slightly longer square toed Gardener sole, which I got for £175 in a sale, which is the most I've ever paid for a pair. Given that the original pair are @ 10yrs old, I'm 66, and also have a couple of pairs of the leather soled models for "best", I doubt I'll need to buy any more!
    I'd have loved a pair at that price! Am sure I paid £230 for my first pair 5-6 years ago which sounds about right based on Tiny's comment on price increases.

Ah I missed the authorised company, this part is important to me having learned the hard way on a pair of barkers that were never the same after a new sole.

Journeyman
    I can’t recommend saddle soap enough when it comes to routine cleaning and maintenance of decent leather shoes/boots.