closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Loads of vintage watch parts found - anyone with any info?

Loads of vintage watch parts found - anyone with any info?

This couldn't be further from my area of watch knowledge so thought I'd turn to the experts of TZ-UK.
    An old colleague has been in touch with the following message and photos. Wondering if anyone can help either with information or with an idea of who could offer some? If you need more/different photos I can go back to him and see what he can get.
    All I know is that Ronda is perfectly decent stuff and I spotted Precista House as an address on one of the envelopes that carried something Oris. I assume that's coincidence and nothing to do with our host's historic brand?
    Cheers all!

"Hey Toby - I've got a load of watch spare parts probably pre-1976. My uncle was a watch repairer. I'm trying to find someone to give me an honest appraisal about their worth or otherwise. A couple of pix attached."

Any signed crowns in the box ?
    The rest is just pattern/ generic suppliers of various crystals and Ronda balance staffs. Looks to be some old pocket watch hands
    That's a hole lot of work/ research to find out what watches they fit.
    You will need the old Ronda catalogue to find out which staff number fits which maker and cal.

Honestly they are worth a bit BUT the money is in branded vintage watch parts.

Master
    The drawers would make a very nice project.

Craftsman
    If they were catalogued then there might be some value, otherwise they are just another set of unknown old watch parts.
    Unfortunately even catalogued they are probably not worth that much, which disincentivises doing the job…