closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: VoIP phone system provider advice.

Craftsman

VoIP phone system provider advice.

What should it be costing to have a VoIP phone system on 24 month contract for a small business? Low volume phone traffic, 8 stations. Had a quote for them to provide internet and phone lines but seems expensive.

Really don’t need anything special just the ability to handle 50 calls a day (max) and transfer the incoming call to the right person (all in same room).

I will obviously get more quotes, but, it would be nice to have a rough idea.

Thanks for any help that may be offered.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by cnjm1 View Post
    What should it be costing to have a VoIP phone system on 24 month contract for a small business? Low volume phone traffic, 8 stations. Had a quote for them to provide internet and phone lines but seems expensive.

Really don’t need anything special just the ability to handle 50 calls a day (max) and transfer the incoming call to the right person (all in same room).

I will obviously get more quotes, but, it would be nice to have a rough idea.

Thanks for any help that may be offered.
    Ive got a voip system and its the worst thing we've done, lose the internet lose you bloody phone, its a pain in the arse.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Ive got a voip system and its the worst thing we've done, lose the internet lose you bloody phone, its a pain in the arse.
    Thanks for the input. All I really want is the ability to take and make a low volume of call each day.

Quote Originally Posted by cnjm1 View Post
    Thanks for the input. All I really want is the ability to take and make a low volume of call each day.

I use a company called Midas communications, the guy who runs it is one of my customers. I can put you in contact if you want? Its not the system thats the issue…its our crappy in the sticks internet that is

https://www.midascommunications.com/
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 18th May 2023 at 20:31.

Craftsman
    That would be great thank you. Our internet is super quick

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    I use a company called Midas communications, the guy who runs it is one of my customers. I can put you in contact if you want? Its not the system thats the issue…its our crappy in the sticks internet that is

https://www.midascommunications.com/
    If internet connectivity is key have you spoken with them about using a second internet provider for failover.

A gsm 4/5 plan from smarty is £20/m or if gsm coverage is a issue Starlink are offering the hardware for £99 & £75/m.

Obviously these are domestic prices but I suspect for backup they are unlikely to call you out.

Master
    I assume you are looking for a managed service but if not we self managed voip for three users with voipfone & found it reliable.

https://www.voipfone.co.uk/

Handsets are quite cheap too ~£35 & up

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/store...page=1#content

I’ve always had two broadband lines, one for phone and one for data

I use voipfone and have done for the past 11(?)ish years.

Nothing fancy, just two geographic numbers and an 'emailable' voicemail service. It has been flawless, but when there has been an issue (with my own telephone or connection), it has all been resolved very quickly with a telephone call to their UK based technical team within minutes.

I would 100% recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    If internet connectivity is key have you spoken with them about using a second internet provider for failover.

A gsm 4/5 plan from smarty is £20/m or if gsm coverage is a issue Starlink are offering the hardware for £99 & £75/m.

Obviously these are domestic prices but I suspect for backup they are unlikely to call you out.
    My business is in the stick and is currently on a crappy BT line, full fibre has come through by gigaclear and i believe various others are piggybacking off of it, My line though is managed by Kinnex via BT. Its a pain working out who's responsible for what. Im currently waiting for the line to be changed then i dont think there’ll be an issue.

Craftsman
    Thanks all for your help, gives me a good idea of a rough cost. As I thought the first quote was trying it on.