closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch shop recommendations in Brighton

Craftsman

Watch shop recommendations in Brighton

I'll be in Brighton this afternoon, so thought I might have a browse while I'm there. I'm not looking for anything specific, but are there any places that regularly keep interesting stock?

There are a number of shops selling used watches in the Lanes, but they seemed quite expensive when I looked.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I'm assuming you mean other than WoS?
    Amble through the Lanes and there are a few places. Whizzwatch I think seems relatively new and I was there the other day and they had quite a diverse collection of second hand stuff. I didn't really look at prices though...
    https://whizzwatch.co.uk/customer-care/contact-us/
    This is also a longstanding shop which always has a variety in stock:
    https://www.oceanjewellers.co.uk/
    Last edited by wigdog; 17th May 2023 at 10:56. Reason: added

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wigdog View Post
    I'm assuming you mean other than WoS?
    Amble through the Lanes and there are a few places. Whizzwatch I think seems relatively new and I was there the other day and they had quite a diverse collection of second hand stuff. I didn't really look at prices though...
    https://whizzwatch.co.uk/customer-care/contact-us/
    This is also a longstanding shop which always has a variety in stock:
    https://www.oceanjewellers.co.uk/
    I expect I'll pop into WoS, but I was thinking more along the lines of independents.

Lots of independents on the South Lanes but prices are generally high. Great for wasting an hour or so windows shopping but not so great if you’re looking to buy.

Master
    Would you pop into Nobles of Brighton and ask if they know Jamie Thorpe, please ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Would you pop into Nobles of Brighton and ask if they know Jamie Thorpe, please ?

I was in the process of buying his house in East Grinstead in 2015 before he was outed as a crook. We were about to exchange contracts but the deal fell through. Some months later he was all over the local newspapers.

Watch shop recommendations in Brighton

Am I unusual?

When I visit a city that is unfamiliar to me, bottom of my list is to check out the watch shops.

So much more to see in Brighton and other cities than be staring at yet another Rolex or Omega display.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    On a nice day like this, get down and walk the seafront between the piers and enjoy the ambience. The north laines has been an antique crooks paradise for ever and I doubt it has changed and so you are likely to be overcharged or get a Franken. You are far more likely to find something interesting in the charity shops over in Hove. It might even be cheap.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Am I unusual?

When I visit a city that is unfamiliar to me, bottom of my list is to check out the watch shops.

So much more to see in Brighton and other cities than be staring at yet another Rolex or Omega display.
    I'm only going there to collect my turntables from a workshop following a service. I'm not planning to spend a long period of time there, nor pay the extortionate NCP car park fees to do so.

I have to get back this afternoon anyway as I'm off to my waterski club to make the most of the weather.

I was in Brighton last October for, supposedly, two days diving.

The second day was blown out, so I decided to have a look around as I hadn't been in over a decade.

For the first time ever, I visited the Royal Pavilion, which I found quite interesting, but other than that, I didn't see anything to make me want to go back in a hurry.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?