closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Secrid wallet issue

Secrid wallet issue

Yesterday, I lost my Starling bank debit card out of my wallet. I was able to stop the card immediately using my phone, so no worries about misuse.
    After testing the wallet it appears the felt pads at each side weren't gripping the cards as well as they should.
    I went on their site, and they suggested as a temporary repair, to 'rough' up the red felt (I used a file) so it grips the cards better, which works well!
    I'll send it back to get them replaced.
    So, Secrid user's I would do this if yours is getting on a bit.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Rod keep an eye on your account for contactless payments. A friend with another bank lost his card and was told it can take up to 9 months for contactless to be blocked.

He had months of charges at places like McDonald’s, KFC and Greggs before he put in an official complaint. The banks solution in the end was to shut that account completely and give him a new account.

That's a bit shocking, TBH. The big selling point of the Secrid is to protect your cards and it's done the exact opposite by making them more vulnerable to loss.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Craftsman
    This has been happening to me for a while. I’ve had cards ‘slip’ out.
    Thanks for the tip.
    I thought it may had something to do with the new bank cards having no numbers etc embossed on them so are thinner.

Jake

^^^ Hi Jake, glad to be of help. Should work well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Yesterday, I lost my Starling bank debit card out of my wallet. I was able to stop the card immediately using my phone, so no worries about misuse.
    After testing the wallet it appears the felt pads at each side weren't gripping the cards as well as they should.
    I went on their site, and they suggested as a temporary repair, to 'rough' up the red felt (I used a file) so it grips the cards better, which works well!
    I'll send it back to get them replaced.
    So, Secrid user's I would do this if yours is getting on a bit.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

This happened to me on Wednesday past, lost my driving license and golf card.
    Mine is about 4 years old and cards had being slipping for a while.

Master
    I've found the same with mine unless it is rammed full and then it's okay, one less card and they all fall out.

Sent from my moto g53 5G using Tapatalk

In a similar vein, I recently noticed that a couple of the small hex screws holding one of the side pieces together on my Stealth wallet had worked themselves completely loose. I guess the small pack of replacements, along with a suitable tightening tool in the original box should have been a hint. Caught in time and now regularly checked. A little concerning nonetheless.

I really do not understand why people rave about these - mine lasted 2 days before I realised it was a compromise for card security.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Had mine for 6 years, 5 cards in the slot.

Never had a card fall out even if I shake it really hard.

I must be lucky according to the above!

I've had my Secrid wallet for over 7-years and never had an issue. Certainly never had a card fall out. I clean it and feed the leather around once every two years i.e. when I remember. I will definitely be buying another when this one fails but that would appear to be a long way off yet.