closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A genuine I'm not selling, but "How much is it worth?" post. ...!

A genuine I'm not selling, but "How much is it worth?" post. ...!

Gentlemen, as the thread title says, I'm not selling but need an idea of value for insurance purposes...

Referencing back to my very first post on TZ, I related the story of how I came to own a Rolex. There's been a lot of water under the bridge since then, and with few exceptions most of my acquisitions are still with me albeit still in the dark depths of my sock drawer.

So, the Rolex... It's an Air-King Date, 5019xxx with box and papers dating back to when my dad's wife gifted it to him in 1978. Last serviced by Rolex in 2000, and worn for six months or so after that before being consigned to the aforementioned drawer of sock. As I actually wear most of my watches it has a few swirls on it but no nasty dinks or scuffs, so in the real world, what might it's value be today?

Greg

Craftsman
    Depending on how the wind blows, three and a half to four and a half thousand is where I’d start.

Master
    A pretty brutal measure is Ebay sold items. To access , search your item / get current for sale. Click on the “ advanced “ tab/ click sold/ completed tab then search. A green listing in a BIN normally means a lower offer was accepted.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Insurance valuations are generally more optimistic - often a long way from eBay sales values as they are based on having to replace from a retailer who would add their margin

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PSTW View Post
    Depending on how the wind blows, three and a half to four and a half thousand is where I’d start.
    This seems sensible.

Last one I sold (as a bricks and mortar retailer) was for £2,999 about a year ago.

The market was stronger then, but the OP's watch apparently has box and papers.

H