closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Selling on Chrono24

Selling on Chrono24

Hi

I did a quick search but most of what I found was regarding buying on Chrono24

I have a watch for sale on the platform and have been offered a reasonable price. I was wondering if anyone any advice regarding how to make the transaction as safe a possible. The watch is of a reasonable value and am not sure about meeting the seller alone as I don’t really have any information on him apart from the messages we have exchanged. Postage is not an options as we both want the watch viewed first to make sure both parties are happy before exchange.

My other option is a consignment sale via subdial but their commission is a bit higher and the process will likely take a lot longer

Regards

I have met at least one buyer from Chrono24 in person, after a few checks on ID (name, job, linkedin profile and so forth).
    All went fine, we met at a service station coffee bar (Costa I think, Michael Wood services), at a lunchtime, with lots of folk there, so little opportunity for silly stuff.
    Chrono24 do a few checks on members, but it is easy to do a few more.
    The guy I sold to transferred the money then and there, I could see it hit my account, and I handed him the watch. Easy
    I think we all went home relatively happy.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I have met at least one buyer from Chrono24 in person, after a few checks on ID (name, job, linkedin profile and so forth).
    All went fine, we met at a service station coffee bar (Costa I think, Michael Wood services), at a lunchtime, with lots of folk there, so little opportunity for silly stuff.
    Chrono24 do a few checks on members, but it is easy to do a few more.
    The guy I sold to transferred the money then and there, I could see it hit my account, and I handed him the watch. Easy
    I think we all went home relatively happy.
    So in this case, you made sure you had the money before you handed over the watch.

Do you know what happens if payment is made via Chrono24’s escrow account?

Will Chrono24 only release funds if the watch has been sent by special delivery or courier and there is proof of receipt? If escrow, then no face to face delivery?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    So in this case, you made sure you had the money before you handed over the watch.

Do you know what happens if payment is made via Chrono24’s escrow account?

Will Chrono24 only release funds if the watch has been sent by special delivery or courier and there is proof of receipt? If escrow, then no face to face delivery?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    When I've sold on Chrono24, the buyer has to agree via the platform that the watch has arrived as described before funds are released to the seller from their escrow account.

Master
    Why use Escrow if doing a face to face?

SydR

Selling on Chrono24

I sold a watch on C24 and the buyer paid into their escrow service. It transpired that the buyer was travelling to my home city a few weeks later for a wedding so we agreed to meet and hand over the watch. Saved me the hassle of posting to the UAE.

When he had the watch in hand and was happy is was as he’d expected he went into the C24 app and confirmed delivery and authorised payout to me.

Note it is a two step process. If the seller confirms delivery but forgets to authorise payout then the payment is held for 7 days before being automatically paid. If they authorise payout it happens almost immediately.

Thank you all for your replies

I’ll do the relevant ID checks etc and take it from there

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gpattni View Post
    Thank you all for your replies

I’ll do the relevant ID checks etc and take it from there
    Why do you need to do anything just let them pay C24, no need for you to do anything

I've sold a couple of watches via Chrono24 and their service has been excellent. No issues and all the finance stuff was seamless. Just describe the watch and its condition in as much detail as you can to avoid any potential misunderstandings.

Master
    I'd second this - I saw a Zenith I liked on Chrono24 and the watch was described in A+ condition. I bought it and paid the money into their escrow but when the watch was delivered to me it was battered to hell. I informed them, sent it back to the seller and the money was back with me within 48 hours. First class and great communication throughout.

SGR

The OP mentioned meeting the buyer, saying that inspection was a pre-requisite. So a few checks before heading to a meeting are very relevant.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post
    Note it is a two step process. If the seller confirms delivery but forgets to authorise payout then the payment is held for 7 days before being automatically paid. If they authorise payout it happens almost immediately.
    I don’t think payout is almost immediate these days… hence my comment further up when I questioned why anyone would use Escrow if doing a F2F.
    Example: I sold a watch on Chrono24 last week. Arrived with the buyer today, and they have released payment (my account on Chrono24 confirms that the buyer has authorised the payment, and the buyer also messaged me to tell me). It’s yet to be paid out via Escrow. I’m hoping it’ll be with me in a day or 2.
    There’s a real tale of woe on WUS where a seller waited 6 months for his payout to arrive in his bank successfully. It seems Chrono24 have had to reduce their workforce, and areas such as payouts have taken a dip in service.

Craftsman
    Can you specify on a Chrono24 listing which countries you either will or will not ship to. If so, how do you do it?