closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Yacht-Master 42 - what’s with the skinny minute hand?

Yacht-Master 42 - what’s with the skinny minute hand?

I’ve long considered the white gold version to be damn-near perfect, but while browsing the new titanium model on the official website I have just now noticed that the minute hand appears - to me at least - slimmer and out of balance relative to the hour hand. Anyone else?
    Not exactly a dealbreaker as beyond my means anyway, but a disappointment to be dethroned as my dream watch.

It is a bit weird. I noticed it on my WG YM42.

I think the minute and seconds hand is fine but the hour hand is a choad for some reason. Not sure why but you never notice it once it’s on the wrist.

Yacht-Master 42 - what’s with the skinny minute hand?

I have the 42 and never noticed this. I believe an optical illusion due partly to the watch having a large face, big hour plots and what looks like a short hour hand. The minute hand would draw criticism if it was like the short one on the Explorer 39 first model.

I have some photos of the minute hand over the hour hand. Does not look thinner to me but my eyes not as good as they were..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    ^ That looks quite a bit thinner to me?

They've definitely made it intentionally thinner. Don't think it would really bother me though...it's not like the hour hand and minute hand must be the same thickness.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    ^ That looks quite a bit thinner to me?
    Agreed - it looks like the minute hand only just about covers the width of the hour hand's lumed section, so it is quite a bit narrower.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    They've definitely made it intentionally thinner. Don't think it would really bother me though...it's not like the hour hand and minute hand must be the same thickness.
    Yea, I think it looks fine. The watch I'm wearing right now has a thinner minute hand than hour hand, no big deal.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    I have the 42 and never noticed this. I believe an optical illusion due partly to the watch having a large face, big hour plots and what looks like a short hour hand. The minute hand would draw criticism if it was like the short one on the Explorer 39 first model.

I have some photos of the minute hand over the hour hand. Does not look thinner to me but my eyes not as good as they were..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s quite clearly thinner than the hour hand. It’s actually more noticeable when they’re aligned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro