closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Selling on eBay - postage?

Selling on eBay - postage?

I have 2 watches to sell and have been offered an 80% off eBay sellers fees this weekend. I know eBay have the authentication process which gives piece of mind when selling (and buying) but I am worried about posting the watches as I think RM only insure up to £2500 for special delivery.
    For those of you that sell on eBay can you let me know how you sent the watches to the authentication centre? For info the watches are probably worth around £10k each.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    I have 2 watches to sell and have been offered an 80% off eBay sellers fees this weekend. I know eBay have the authentication process which gives piece of mind when selling (and buying) but I am worried about posting the watches as I think RM only insure up to £2500 for special delivery.
    For those of you that sell on eBay can you let me know how you sent the watches to the authentication centre? For info the watches are probably worth around £10k each.
    Based on previous posts, I think you're rolling the dice on any watch above £2.5k. It's the responsibility of authenticators once it arrives there. Secursus insurance beyond £2.5k seems to have been a false commitment after close scrutiny of their terms and conditions by some eagle eyed forum members.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Based on previous posts, I think you're rolling the dice on any watch above £2.5k. It's the responsibility of authenticators once it arrives there. Secursus insurance beyond £2.5k seems to have been a false commitment after close scrutiny of their terms and conditions by some eagle eyed forum members.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app
    That’s what I had gathered from previous posts about posting expensive watches but plenty of people are selling on eBay. Are they just accepting the risk of it going missing in the post?
    I don’t expect that many buyers would be happy with collection as that would bypass the authentication process.

SydR
    Discussed somewhat in this thread https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...rance-query-Uk with one member doing some research / speaking with companies.

Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post
    Discussed somewhat in this thread https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...rance-query-Uk with one member doing some research / speaking with companies.
    In particular …

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post6158188

Thank you for pointing me towards that thread. Quite an eye opener.
    I have decided I am not willing to take the risk with uninsured postage so submitted a form for a watchfinder quote. I was pleasantly surprised with their valuation and they off a free fully insured collection service so I think I will take their offer.

Master
    On the flip- you may find someone willing to collect, they may even be local- what’s to be lost in trying?