closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega SPECTRE bezel on SM300?

Craftsman

Omega SPECTRE bezel on SM300?

Hi all,

I have an Omega 300 which I consider to be perfect in every detail, except for - the bezel.
    The lack of the triangle around the dot at 12 o'clock makes it somewhat unfinished, if you will.

On the other hand the bezel of the SPECTRE model (ironically the only detail of the LE I prefer over the base model) is something I do like, and would be put to heavy use on my frequent travels.

Can you advise me how/where can I purchase an authentic SPECTRE bezel to have them changed?
    I understant the dislike on the forum for Frankenstein watches, but as I own the watch for myself and not the others plus it would be a handy and useful improvement, I'd like to go forward with it.

Many thanks in advance

The only place I would think you could get the bezel or insert would be Omega
    I am not sure they would sell you the part for a watch it’s not supposed to be on. It would fit (assuming you mean the 300 SM Master Chronometer) and I think it would be a good mod but not sure Omega or an approved repair would supply the part. The click spring / detention would also need to be changed I would have thought, the spectre has a bi directional bezel.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    The only place I would think you could get the bezel or insert would be Omega
    I am not sure they would sell you the part for a watch it’s not supposed to be on. It would fit (assuming you mean the 300 SM Master Chronometer) and I think it would be a good mod but not sure Omega or an approved repair would supply the part. The click spring / detention would also need to be changed I would have thought, the spectre has a bi directional bezel.
    ^^This^^

Omega won't entertain this at all. Personally, I'd enjoy the SM300 as is, lovely watch.

My understanding is the only place you'll get a part is from Omega and, as above, they won't provide because effectively they'd be approving a new 1 of 1 limited edition. That's a somewhat valuable proposition they might not even agree to for a valuable, Clooney-esque, celeb let alone the great unwashed like the WIS of TZ-UK!

Craftsman
    The Spectre watch doesn’t have a triangle around the bezel pip….

However the only places historically I’ve known to sell Omega parts are Ofrei in the US and Cousins in the UK. As to whether they have that part, you’d have to look/ask.