closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EBay 80% off fees?!

I reckon they'll be doing the offer next week, mid January...

Master
    Looks like it will be this coming Friday

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Looks like it will be this coming Friday
    Yep it's there on hot uk deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Yep it's there on hot uk deals.
    Praise the lord

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Praise the lord

And hallelujah

Doesn't work for me :(

Damn it as I've got a lot of stuff to sell as well

Craftsman
    None of them have worked for me in over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

I find Ryan that if I click on the hot uk deals 80% link an ebay page comes up saying I have accepted the offer, but nothing shows on my actual ebay app. But then on a Friday when I get offered the deal by ebay, if I click on it, it says offer already accepted. All very strange but it does work (or at least it does on android).
    Last edited by Ruggertech; 10th January 2024 at 09:05.

For some reason that I decided never to ask ebay about my account seems to 80% off forever.

No idea why and I suspect one day I will find the account is closed or similar...

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    For some reason that I decided never to ask ebay about my account seems to 80% off forever.

No idea why and I suspect one day I will find the account is closed or similar...
    Wow! I'd have thought that if they twig on they'll just revert you to normal fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post

What might you ask?

I find Ryan that if I click on the hot uk deals 80% link an ebay page comes up saying I have accepted the offer, but nothing shows on my actual ebay app. But then on a Friday when I get offered the deal by ebay, if I click on it, it says offer already accepted. All very strange but it does work (or at least it does on android).
    How it works for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    What might you ask?

Well if I asked if there was a problem with my account that meant it was always 80% off they might fix it...

Don't forget that they're going to send anyone operating on a private account's details to HMRC if you sell over £1000 a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandiloquence View Post
    Don't forget that they're going to send anyone operating on a private account's details to HMRC if you sell over £1000 a year.
    Yep but I'm selling 2nd hand stuff that I don't need any more, and all at less than I paid so it's moot.

And the offer is here! A day later than usual, and with the usual "you have already accepted the offer" after clicking on it in Hot Deals UK a couple of days ago.

I got the offer this morning but it always arrives on a Friday for me so not late at all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I got the offer this morning but it always arrives on a Friday for me so not late at all for me.
    I usually get the offer on a Friday too, so a Saturday is late surely? No biggy though Dave.

EBay 80% off fees?!

I usually get the offer on a Friday too, so a Saturday is late surely? No biggy though Dave.
    Yes, Saturday is late but it’s Friday here in the UK!

Or have they moved the international date line to the Welsh border?

Got mine this morning. I reckon their server is going to crash with new listings today!

Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Got mine this morning. I reckon their server is going to crash with new listings today!

And that's just me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Yes, Saturday is late but it’s Friday here in the UK!

Or have they moved the international date line to the Welsh border?
    Oh yeah, doh! What a senior moment I've had. The joys of retirement :)

Craftsman
    Got the offer today. Was expecting it last week. So got a little worried 8-)

The offer started again for me today, seems it was on hold over the Xmas period.

Was waiting for the offer and as promised came good today and have already sold a £120 item, well, one i listed for my daughter, anyway.....

It's available on hot deals UK now for this weekend.

Craftsman
    No surprise there. Haven't been eligible for over a year- infuriating!

Yep but I'm selling 2nd hand stuff that I don't need any more, and all at less than I paid so it's moot.
    I may be wrong but i'm under the impression that it doesn't matter if the items are new or used or if the sale value is less than the original purchase value (or if you paid tax on the item when you bought it). If you earn more than £1000 in a financial year (on eBay, Etsy, Vinted etc) you will have to pay tax on it. I'm rather hoping someone on here will tell me i'm wrong......

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Lee View Post
    I may be wrong but i'm under the impression that it doesn't matter if the items are new or used or if the sale value is less than the original purchase value (or if you paid tax on the item when you bought it). If you earn more than £1000 in a financial year (on eBay, Etsy, Vinted etc) you will have to pay tax on it. I'm rather hoping someone on here will tell me i'm wrong......
    Here you are: -

https://www.thp.co.uk/ebay-tax/#:~:t...l%20your%20car.

As an example, if you cleared out your attic and sold your old possessions on eBay, you don’t have to tell the taxman. There’s one exception to this – when you sell an item worth more than £6,000 you may have to pay Capital Gains Tax. However, this doesn’t apply if you sell your car.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post
    No surprise there. Haven't been eligible for over a year- infuriating!
    I effectively have had to start again after moving from France back to the UK, simply because Ebay can't transfer accounts between countries.

Luckily I had a dormant UK account, so last week I started listing some cheap crap in order to rebuild my UK seller account scores. I suspect the reduced fees offer is only made to people who have sold items within a certain time period. I'll start listing decent stuff when they get around to sending me a reduced fee's offer.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by catflem View Post
    I effectively have had to start again after moving from France back to the UK, simply because Ebay can't transfer accounts between countries.

Luckily I had a dormant UK account, so last week I started listing some cheap crap in order to rebuild my UK seller account scores. I suspect the reduced fees offer is only made to people who have sold items within a certain time period. I'll start listing decent stuff when they get around to sending me a reduced fee's offer.
    I may adopt the same approach and get some random items listed I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Lee View Post
    The tax rules haven't changed, you only pay tax on profits and if you are trading.

The confusion over the £1000 limit is that a trader can sell £1000 of goods (revenue) on ebay in total without paying any tax, regardless of how much of that £1000 is profit. Once they sell over £1000 in total the normal tax rules apply, they will be responsible for paying tax on their profits after costs are deducted from revenues.

It's available on hot deals UK now for this weekend.
    I got that deal again this weekend to `top up` my listings, cheers.

But, how come the deal is available on that site when ebay did not email/message me the deal themselves as usual?
    How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    I got that deal again this weekend to `top up` my listings, cheers.

But, how come the deal is available on that site when ebay did not email/message me the deal themselves as usual?
    How does that work?
    Not sure, wish they would just message us when it comes up.

I just got the offer this morning, expiring tomorrow night.
    Usually I am notified about Thursday, and starting Saturday, giving me three days to prepare my listings.

Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    I just got the offer this morning, expiring tomorrow night.
    Usually I am notified about Thursday, and starting Saturday, giving me three days to prepare my listings.
    I used to get the offer on a Friday and it ran until midnight Monday, now its Saturday via my linked email, and an ebay message doesn't appear on the app until Sunday.
    It can usually be found on hot uk deals on a Thursday or Friday though and was this week.

Craftsman
    Like others I didn’t receive any notification of the offer either. However I was able to activate it using hotukdeals.

I finally got the email and ebay message today a.m., it usually arrives on a Friday morning.
    It was still dated as valid from Friday.

I`m still not selling much, though. Has anybody else noticed a significant downturn in the amount of second-hand crap quality used goods other people are buying the last few months?

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    I finally got the email and ebay message today a.m., it usually arrives on a Friday morning.
    It was still dated as valid from Friday.

I`m still not selling much, though. Has anybody else noticed a significant downturn in the amount of second-hand crap quality used goods other people are buying the last few months?
    A lot of people have shifted to vinted.

Master

My not so cunning plan has worked - I've just been offered 80% off selling fees

Fill yer boots!
    I had it from hot deals on Wednesday, it came through from ebay aswell this morning.

Craftsman
    Interesting. Just by listing items, or have they actually sold too?

Late Feb 2023, Ebay secretly blacklisted anyone selling a decent amount in monetary value from having 80% off offers. They deny it of course.

They only send the 80% off offer to people selling relatively low values per year.

They also heavily favour business sellers at the expense of ordinary users.

In other words they have turned into a bunch of w*****s and are not worth bothering with.

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Late Feb 2023, Ebay secretly blacklisted anyone selling a decent amount in monetary value from having 80% off offers. They deny it of course.

They only send the 80% off offer to people selling relatively low values per year.

In other words they have turned into a bunch of w*****s and are not worth bothering with.
    I sell about £25k a year's worth and get 70% off fees every 2 weeks.

very odd, are you a private user though or business
    Last edited by xellos99; 9th February 2024 at 15:12.

I sell about the same as a private seller and got the 80% offer this morning.

very odd, are you a private user though or business
    Private seller. That's like 5 or 6 watches or some bags.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post
    Interesting. Just by listing items, or have they actually sold too?
    I listed 4 items and only sold 1 of them. However, the odd thing is that the buyer didn't leave any feedback. After looking at her account I discovered that she has never left feedback for anyone - so ebay don't appear to be basing their reduced fee's offer on a feedback based criteria.

Craftsman
    Thanks. I listed 5 items today there that I’ve had up on Facebook for ages, so will see what happens this day 2 weeks!

Hi David, my turnover is about £12k and I get the 80% offer every fortnight like clockwork except once over this last Christmas. Maybe £12k is a relatively low amount compared to some? I suppose it is.
    I don't necessarily agree regarding them favouring business sellers. I ditched my business account a few years back because every item cost me 36p to list whether it sold or not, which soon mounts up when listing and often relisting multiple small value items and quickly makes them unviable. Also no 80% offers (used to be the £1 offer back then) for business sellers either, at least back then there wasn't.