closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Moto GP 2023 - Spoilers

Moto GP 2023 - Spoilers

What an opening weekend?

The Moto GP Sprint Race was a thrilling all action affair.

In Moto 3, Daniel Holgado looked very classy.

Pedro Acosta looked really impressive in Moto 2. I thought he’d do even better last year, but he’s my pick for the title this year.

In Moto GP, with Bastianini out until at least COTA and Pecco riding so well, whilst I know it’s early doors but I think Pecco will win this year. The Japanese bike riders don’t seem to have a chance. MM is the only one who can get the Honda anywhere near the front and he’s having to over ride it and take chances under braking as the bike is just too slow. His mistake in the main race was a bad one for a rider of his class. Just hope Olivera is not too badly injured? Despite having more power Yamaha seem to have lost ground against the European bikes.
    KTM and Aprilia look better this year. Vinales should get a few more podiums and maybe even a win or too, but he’s not the best racer and too fragile mentally to win the title in my view. Miller did well given how little time he’s had on the KTM and I sure he’ll grab a few podiums.

I just hope someone can take the fight to Pecco or like Bautista in WSB, he may just dominate.
    Last edited by andy tims; 26th March 2023 at 18:30.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Early days, but agree Pecco on the ducati is looking very strong and barring injury has got to be favourite.

Yamaha all at sea as cant use handling advantage as getting stopped in corners by the dukes.

Looks like Marquez has come off worse than Olivera and he was very much an accident waiting to happen...

Its a significant time with the European manufacturers well on top - who would have thought that 5 years ago ?

Great racing from Argentina

Binder was amazing in the Sprint race as was Bezzecchiin the main race.

Good to see Morbidelli returning to a bit of form and it was nice to see how quickly Alex Marquez adapting to the Ducati quickly.

Pecco’s fall in the main race shows he’s still fallible, but it really was a very minor mistake.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Imperious performance from Bagnaia in the Sprint Race at COTA. The way he just rode past Rinns underlines the speed advantage of the Ducati. Great showing from Rinns on the Honda - riding the wheels of that bike and a really good tussle at the end between Espargaro and Martin.
    Quatararo did his best but his crash was a clear illustration of the disadvantage he has on the Yamaha. You can only make up so much ground on the brakes.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Amazing move by Jorge Martin and a brilliant win and a great battle for a while between Peco and Marc Marquez in the sprint yesterday.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

So many crashes in the main race today. Brilliant ride from Marc while it lasted. Bad weekend for Miller. The Pecco / Vinales crash was 50/50 in my view, but perhaps Pecco should have played the long game for the sake of his championship.
    Bezzechi was awesome.
    Last edited by andy tims; 14th May 2023 at 17:09.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Did anyone attend Silverstone this past weekend? Curious if anyone knows the attendance numbers because it felt a lot quieter than previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't go, but brilliant racing with the big bikes.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Didn't go, but brilliant racing with the big bikes.

Gutted for Jake Dixon.

I think attendances are down generally except in Spain since Rossi retired.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I saw on the TV on TNT it said 115,000 however I think they always publish the attendees across the entire meeting rather than just the Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Cheers Neil. It felt a lot quieter than 2021. I guess in part because of Rossi, but the switch back to the new pits does make everything feel more spread out.

Also, £8 for a pasty. What are they on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Good article on the injury's that some riders have to deal with -

https://motomatters.com/analysis/202..._and_alex.html

Master
    Todays first lap summed up in one picture -

Master
    I’m still trying to get my head around this..🤪

Amazing racing in Moto 3 and 2 last weekend.

Shame about the accidents in Moto GP on Sunday. Bagnaia very lucky not to be badly injured, but nice to see Aleix Espargaro get a couple of results.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I’m still trying to get my head around this..浪

...image...

Thanks, I hadn't seen that and now I've found the video: www.facebook.com/watch?v=298918969388561, plus this article...link.

In order, today I watched:

• 3 races at the Buddh International Circuit

• Formula 1 highlights on Ch4

• the WSHk superpole race and race 2

I think I have my priorities right. The Motogp series races present most interest...and interesting racing, even if it's not the 'out front' leaders. F1 has to be watched as it is just getting interesting this season and WSBk gives me a dose of real racing after the cars have done their thing.

Above, I failed to mention the Northern Talent Cup at Hockenheim and the latest SailGP event in Taranto...both of which I have caught up with. (Ben Ainsley is beginning to show his ability as a team leader, rather than an individual sailor or tactician.)

All in all an enjoyable Sunday (/weekend) and there is still more to come from the WRC.

All hail Bez. So unbelievably impressed with the lad.

Disappointed for Pecco, but it closes the championship up nicely.

Martin was hard today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Worth a read, IMO...MotoGP riders are forming a trade union.

I admit, I has to look up Sylvain Guintoli.

Master
    A pic of me and Sylvain at Oulton… I’m a big fan of his..👍

Anybody got any guesses as to whom will replace Marquez at Honda? I must admit I’m struggling to come up with a name. I’m out because of my broken leg🤪🤪

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    A pic of me and Sylvain at Oulton… I’m a big fan of his..

...image...

Anybody got any guesses as to whom will replace Marquez at Honda? I must admit I’m struggling to come up with a name. I’m out because of my broken leg浪浪
    That's a fine looking watch and proudly on display, sir.