closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Rolex predictions

Cool

The New Skydwellers are just lovely.

Master
    Watchfinder uploaded this summary. The emoji Day/Date... had to wonder if it was April 1st yet. (No doubt in 5 years it will be worth a fortune...)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hmm - I am a current White Daytona Ceramic owner but must say this new version does look more spacious due to slimming down of certain areas. I a, a big fan of the ND Ceramic Sub - subtle difference in proportions made a big difference on the wrist. Be interesting to see real pics at an angle regarding the steel bezel ring / holder

Look forward to seeing more pics - though of course acquiring one will be mission impossible anyhow haha

Master
    So what’s the difference in the new Daytona? Slight variation on the dial and width of the bracelet?

Happy to buy someone’s ‘old’ 116500 if they want to sell it to me at rrp :D

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    So what’s the difference in the new Daytona? Slight variation on the dial and width of the bracelet?

Happy to buy someone’s ‘old’ 116500 if they want to sell it to me at rrp :D
    It looks quite a lot diff judging by real pics over at the Rolex forum. Very Zenith looking - im not sure if I like or dislike lol

Side of case looks flat, lug adjustment, slimmer bezel (poss), steel bezel ring, slimmer sub dials - looks a bit more vintage

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Milgauss is gone
    Further proof I'm not a Rolex man.

That was the only one I could ever say I liked!

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    The New Skydwellers are just lovely.
    Looking forward to seeing real pics of them - especially that blue dial one

I am confused by their decision making in regards to the Explorer. Introduce a 39mm alongside the 36mm - run it for about ten years. Kill it, upgrade the 36mm. Then two years later introduce a 40mm version.

They all look the same, apart from the Mk1 39mm with the solid WG 369.

Like I said, I'm confused.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    I am confused by their decision making in regards to the Explorer. Introduce a 39mm alongside the 36mm - run it for about ten years. Kill it, upgrade the 36mm. Then two years later introduce a 40mm version.

Something like, "The 36 looks a bit small doesn't it, let's try a 39, oh that looks too big, let's try a 36 that's actually less than 36, oh that looks quite small, let's try something 39ish but call it a 40, oh that looks quite big doesn't it..."

Then repeat.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post

Agreed, seems a pointless decision IMO. Can’t see the 40 version fixing any of the issues I had with the 39.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    Something like, "The 36 looks a bit small doesn't it, let's try a 39, oh that looks too big, let's try a 36 that's actually less than 36, oh that looks quite small, let's try something 39ish but call it a 40, oh that looks quite big doesn't it..."

Then repeat.
    That’s what I meant to say

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    I’m the same can’t see any different to the 39 ?

Baffling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    is there going to be a queue for that OP with the bubbles on the face? might have been ok 40 years ago but thats why I dont work in marketing. Prob described as 'playful'
    Are you kidding? It'll be unobtainable, with everyone applying for one fantasising that it'll be the next Tiffany blue.

The new 40mm explorer is interesting. It should have AR on it which isn't a plus but it will be interesting to see them side by side eventually.

YM42 Ti and Exp 1 are two I'll try and go down for.

Master
    I wanted to say that this one is 'defying excellence', but I have to admit I quite like it. It's like having your own personal summer of love on billionaire island, where everything is relaxed, optimistic and playful in the VIP lounge.

That's probably not the 2023 anyone else is living in, but imagine you could afford to buy a Day Date with random emojis on the date wheel, because really, what's the problem, lighten up, life is good, it's all about love!

Frankly Rolex's unilateral Summer of Love 2023 sounds amazing, I do hope my invite hasn't got lost in the post.

Last edited by Itsguy; 27th March 2023 at 17:48.

I'm pleased it's not just me then... :)
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

I owned an Explorer 1 (36) for a decade and while I very much liked the watch it always felt a little dainty. I don’t have massive wrists by any stretch, but its diminutive dimensions always bugged me. I picked up a Blackbay 58 a year or so ago and for me it’s the perfect sized diver. With that in mind for my 50th I’ve traded in my old Explorer 36 for an Explorer 39 MK2. Tech improvements aside (there are a fair few) it has far more presence than the watch it replaced. I completely get why purists don’t dig it, it is a completely different beast to the smaller model, that being said I absolutely love it. I don’t know if the new 40 reuses an OP41 case (which is actually 39.5) but it seems to me Rolex now has a foot in both camps, those that prefer the classic smaller case and those (like me) that hankered after something a bit bigger. In order to purchase in time for my birthday I had to purchase via a well known second hand dealer. I’ve had my name down as interested with WoS for years now (on a Milgauss) and it seems I’m not a preferred customer hence the need to buy pre-owned. Am I bothered a new Explorer 40 just launched? Nope, because the likelihood of picking one up at retail anytime soon is slim to zero.

I’m pleased that there is nothing to get me excited with these releases.

I like the Ti Yacht Master, but the price is bonkers and the size wouldn’t suit me.

The OP with the crazy colours? No, not ever.

D

Looks like YM lug width is 20mm. Very strange and wrong imo.

22mm would have been much better.

Master
    The shifts on the Explorer are intriguing. I imagine that Rolex is a company that thinks carefully of heritage and of market wishes, and then makes careful decisions. But the 36 --> 39 --> 36 --> 40 is really fascinating. Was the 39 wrong but a 40 right? Or was the 39 actually more or less what the market wanted and it was a mistake to kill the 39?

Personally I like the 36 best out of all of them - looks and heritage - but I wouldn't have expected that sort of vacillation from Rolex.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    The new 40mm explorer is interesting. It should have AR on it which isn't a plus but it will be interesting to see them side by side eventually.

YM42 Ti and Exp 1 are two I'll try and go down for.
    That’s it though, I just can’t see what’s interesting about the EXP40, beats me

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Looking forward to seeing real pics of them - especially that blue dial one

I have the Blue dial Rolesor Skydweller (in my top 5 watches in the collection) but I'm certainly going to get the new Mint dial too. And I have got to see the new all Everose with that incredible new Teal dial as well.......is that the one you meant Paul?

https://www.rolex.com/watches/sky-dweller/m336935-0001

Well that didn’t take long…

At about 8:00am this morning Watchfinder had 18 Milgauss on their site.

A few hours later none are showing.

Either sold to people that have decided that they now want one and are panicking that prices will now be pushed higher.

Or WF have pulled them, whilst they decide where to pitch the new prices.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post

This I'd wager

Craftsman

Either sold to people that have decided that they now want one and are panicking that prices will now be pushed higher.

I noticed that, been sat watching one at £9,900 2017 Z Blue dial. Be interested to see what the new markup is when they get put back on.

Master

2023 Rolex predictions

Please to have one, must be the most quirky steel pro model. Green sapphire (so difficult to make that they didn’t bother to patent as they figured nobody else can make), zirconium content in blue dial, orange lightning second hand and a soft iron cage to finish it. Off beat and that’s the charm for me

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post

Please to have one, must be the most quirky steel pro model. Green sapphire (so difficult to make that they didn’t bother to patent as they figured nobody else can make), zirconium content in blue dial, orange lightning second hand and a soft iron cage to finish it. Off beat and that’s the charm for me
    Can’t argue with anything you said, very envious, enjoy

Master

Curious which of those two - I expect the latter, but maybe there are many switched on people looking for such opportunities. Interesting to keep an eye on the site and see if they reappear!

Master
    I would have bought (or tried to buy ...) a Milgauss in a heartbeat if it didn't have the lightning second hand, which is just a bit too kitsch for me. Some of the pre-lightning vintage ones are beautiful; ISTR Haywood posting pics of one of his.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Curious which of those two - I expect the latter, but maybe there are many switched on people looking for such opportunities. Interesting to keep an eye on the site and see if they reappear!
    Or if you own a Milgauss offer them one for sale and see how long it takes for the legendary “we aren’t buying this watch at the moment I’m afraid” email replies ��
    Last edited by Gareth-W; 27th March 2023 at 21:29.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Some video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGt_3YUC7wg

The Daytona looks really weird in some shots!!

That blue dial Sky Dweller (only briefly shown) looks amazing

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Some video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGt_3YUC7wg

The Daytona looks really weird in some shots!!

That blue dial Sky Dweller (only briefly shown) looks amazing
    The rose gold blue dial sky dweller is superb, differentiates from the XL datejust look of the steel sky dweller

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Or if you own a Milgauss offer them one for sale and see how long it takes for the legendary “we aren’t buying this watch at the moment I’m afraid” email replies 😂
    This is much better, definitely this!
    I am actually curious, would be intriguing if the Milgauss went to overnight 'must have watch' status.

The shifts on the Explorer are intriguing. I imagine that Rolex is a company that thinks carefully of heritage and of market wishes, and then makes careful decisions. But the 36 --> 39 --> 36 --> 40 is really fascinating. Was the 39 wrong but a 40 right? Or was the 39 actually more or less what the market wanted and it was a mistake to kill the 39?

Personally I like the 36 best out of all of them - looks and heritage - but I wouldn't have expected that sort of vacillation from Rolex.
    The 36mm is still available in both SS and TT so there are now three variants from which to choose.

They now have both bases covered.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    The 36mm is still available in both SS and TT so there are now three variants from which to choose.

They now have both bases covered.
    They do, but was more curious whether the 40mm means
    - The 39mm was a misstep, and it should have been 40
    - Cancelling the 39mm was a mistake, so we'll bring it back but slightly differently.

It does leave those odd curios - in years to come will the 39mm be an appealing piece as there are many 36 and 40mm, but few 39s?

They do, but was more curious whether the 40mm means
    - The 39mm was a misstep, and it should have been 40
    - Cancelling the 39mm was a mistake, so we'll bring it back but slightly differently.

It does leave those odd curios - in years to come will the 39mm be an appealing piece as there are many 36 and 40mm, but few 39s?
    I think cancelling the 39 was a mistake and wouldn’t be surprised if the 40 is exactly the same size as the 39 was.

Master
    This is much better, definitely this!
    I am actually curious, would be intriguing if the Milgauss went to overnight 'must have watch' status.
    I only see 2 Milgauss Blue on C24 for 14k+ !

And seems the green dial gold Daytona has also been dropped, so those prices have taken off as well

Master
    As my white-faced Sky-Dweller is my favourite watch in the collection, and has been for some time, I've 'expressed my interest' with a local AD for the green-faced version. Kind of miss my old Sub LV, so this should hit the spot.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I think cancelling the 39 was a mistake and wouldn’t be surprised if the 40 is exactly the same size as the 39 was.
    Agreed, can’t see how there can be much difference although the good folk over at HODINKEE testify that it wears bigger by a margin.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sinner77 View Post
    1908 is stunning.
    looks like they've copied the Patek calatrava to me

Master
    I'm not a massive Rolex fanboy so I'm not hyper excited but generally the new stuff seems ok. More choice of sizes for the explorer, more choices of colours for skydweller, a titanium yachtmaster is more choice too. The colourful dials for the OPs seem a bit strange, I'm not sure who they are aimed at, they look childish to me, but it's choice again.
    Milguass, hmm, watch for a new one appearing in a year or 2 maybe? A new movement, lots of new anti magnetic tech, and a visual update? Just a guess

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Milguass, hmm, watch for a new one appearing in a year or 2 maybe? A new movement, lots of new anti magnetic tech, and a visual update? Just a guess
    I think it'll be gone for good. It was always a bit of an odd one out that doesn't really fit with the range - especially as the brand pushes ever upmarket with new models like the 1908.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I think it'll be gone for good. It was always a bit of an odd one out that doesn't really fit with the range - especially as the brand pushes ever upmarket with new models like the 1908.
    My bets on a relaunch in 2026 for its 70 year anniversary. I still wouldn’t get an allocation on one even if I put a deposit down now :-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    I only see 2 Milgauss Blue on C24 for 14k+ !

And seems the green dial gold Daytona has also been dropped, so those prices have taken off as well
    Dealers put 30K on them overnight

My Rolex prediction for 2023. You still won't be able to buy one.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Watchfinder have added £1250 on the 2017 Milgauss I was keeping an eye on this Monday. I don’t think that’s too drastic considering it’s new discontinued status.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    My Rolex prediction for 2023. You still won't be able to buy one.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk
    You will but not at rrp

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Walts View Post
    My bets on a relaunch in 2026 for its 70 year anniversary. I still wouldn’t get an allocation on one even if I put a deposit down now :-)
    I won't be surprised if there's a new Milgauss in a few years but it wasn't a surprise to see it discontinued, especially as it seemed to be an annual rumour for the last few years.

The fact it hadn't been updated for a while meant it was behind the times in terms of movement spec and a long way behind the anti-magnetic capabilities of Omega etc.

I'll be interested to see what they do with an update in future but in the meantime I'll enjoy wearing my Z-Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Dealers put 30K on them overnight
    And dealers will keep holding them at that price!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Walts View Post
    Watchfinder have added £1250 on the 2017 Milgauss I was keeping an eye on this Monday. I don’t think that’s too drastic considering it’s new discontinued status.
    I sent WF a price quote for one of my Z blue Milgauss; they initially declined but came back with cira £7800 for my loose Z blue.
    Last edited by shoppy; 29th March 2023 at 21:47.