closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Blink Camera Subscription

Craftsman

Blink Camera Subscription

My Blink Camera trial has come to an end and they now want me to be subscribe to view the activated camera videos.
    I've Googled and now attached a usb stick to my sync module and can again now view my outdoor cameras as before when they've activated.
    My problem is that I still can't view activated clips for my blink doorbell or blink mini cameras.
    Any help appreciated as I'm pulling the last bit of hair out I've got left!

Your not alone! I have an XT camera which is at least 3yrs old. That still works with my sync module mk1 but my recent 6 month old Blink doorbell doesn't show clips now because they want a subscription whereas before it records anything.
    So, I stuck a storage usb in the sync module expecting it to work and show recordings but that didn't work. Turns out after some digging on the 'net it is just a supply out to power another device.
    Today, I've ordered a sync 2 module..... still don't know if that'll work ok. Hopefully it'll work as it should with it storage on usb stick.
    So if your using an old sync module you might need to upgrade.

I'll let you know what happens😁

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I'll let you know what happens😁
    Thanks Rod, let know how you get on and hopefully we'll sort it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have 4 Blink cameras & I’m still on my free trial period. I like the idea of the video clips being saved on to my Blink account. If I didn’t have a subscription &, god forbid, I got burgled I would want the perpetrators faces saved on vid. Am I right in thinking that if I had no subscription & just had a memory stick plugged into the sync module, then all a canny thief would have to do is to unplug the memory stick & take it with him?

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Am I right in thinking that if I had no subscription & just had a memory stick plugged into the sync module, then all a canny thief would have to do is to unplug the memory stick & take it with him?
    100% correct

Mine's on the skirting board behind a large chair out of sight, a burglar wouldn't know it was there, he'd want to knick what he can without knowing about a sync module and what it does.

Master
    I just signed up for the subscription on a monthly basis. We use Blink Mini cameras to keep an eye on my elderly mother-in-law (she knows they are there).
    We deemed it a small price to pay for the comfort of knowing she is OK, and they have been really useful at times.

Pete

I've set up the new Sync 2 module, formatted fully a USB storage plugged it in.
    I've re-set the doorbell and the recordings were viewable for about 10 clips.
    Now it is showing nothing for stored clips.
    I've tried a different USB but still not recording!!
    I can use 'live view' ok. I've tried all the troubleshooting ideas suggested, but still not recording so I'm at a loss what to do.
    Hey ho, technology🙄

My 30 day blink free trial has just entered its second year

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    My 30 day blink free trial has just entered its second year
    My Blink camera is over two years old and they keep telling me my free trial is coming to an end too:)

Rod - are you looking at the cloud or the usb? You need to toggle to your sync module at the top of the clips tab. After cancelling the subscription the doorbell went haywire. Ended up deleting, fitting brand new batteries and syncing again. All now well.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I've set up the new Sync 2 module, formatted fully a USB storage plugged it in.
    I've re-set the doorbell and the recordings were viewable for about 10 clips.
    Now it is showing nothing for stored clips.
    I've tried a different USB but still not recording!!
    I can use 'live view' ok. I've tried all the troubleshooting ideas suggested, but still not recording so I'm at a loss what to do.
    Hey ho, technology🙄
    I've now realized I was trying to use my usb in a Sync 1 module and didn't work so I've now ordered a Sync 2 module to try with the usb

Quote Originally Posted by xpatx View Post
    I've now realized I was trying to use my usb in a Sync 1 module and didn't work so I've now ordered a Sync 2 module to try with the usb
    Hope you have more luck than me 😁
    Let me know how you get on thanks.

Craftsman
    Hope you have more luck than me 😁
    Let me know how you get on thanks.
    So now hopefully sorted it Rod.
    My new Sync 2 came and I plugged it in with a new formatted USB and OK for the first day, then no recordings on my doorbell or minis.
    Then I ejected the USB and reset my Sync 2 and left it for three days with no USB and it recorded my external cameras to Cloud, after three days I plugged USB back and now my doorbell and minis record to USB (Pat's Home at top of the clips screen) and external cameras record to the Cloud (at top of clips screen) with at least 50+ recordings.
    Hope this helps.

Hi xpatx, I'll give that a try thanks.
    To RichS, I can see both the cloud and usb headers. It records both my cameras occasionally but is very intermittent.
    I have a full connection showing in my Sync to router and both cameras are within 12' of the module too.
    Everything was fine before this subscription trial!

Since writing the reply and then cancelling the trial subscription I’ve had nothing but bother. First, camera couldn’t be found. Managed to sort that by installing new batteries. The original batteries were only 2 months old,but anyway. Now the sync 2 module cannot connect. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling. Created a new network. It tells me the Wi-Fi password to my router is incorrect. Not sure I want to take the FAQ advice to contact customer support. Might try the advice above. Eject the usb, reformat and start afresh.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Well I did the reset on the sync module, waited 3 days, and plugged the memory stick in and all is working as it should !!
    Thanks xpat for the advice.

Craftsman
    Well I did the reset on the sync module, waited 3 days, and plugged the memory stick in and all is working as it should !!
    Thanks xpat for the advice.
    Brilliant 👍