closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Strap city - beware

Strap city - beware

I came across this https://www.strapcity.co.uk/ when looking for a couple of natos, prices seemed OK an d I ordered two. Nothing received, no response to emails (note no phone number, my mistake when checking the site initially..a red flag) - hassle to claim back from Mastercard so I'll put this down to experience but no need for you to fall foul too so avoid this lot.
    Keith

Craftsman
    Sorry to hear about that Keith. I recently had similar experience with some clothing from a seemingly genuine retailer with a perfectly regular looking website. By chance I'd paid with PayPal and raising a claim when goods didn't arrive was very straightforward. Although the flip-side of this is potential problems as an Ebay seller (scammers falsely claiming no delivery etc) it did make me think that I'd continue to use PayPal for online purchases. As you say, claiming back from the CC company could be very tedious.

Master
    I similarly got stung for some Harry potter books for my daughter, one phone call to Barclaycard seems to have sorted it very swiftly. I'd urge you to be bothered, the con breaks down when people bother to pursue a claim back.

Craftsman
    That’s very helpful Keith - thanks

It’s worth progressing a refund via your credit card company though, otherwise they’ll never change.

The registrar for the domain is 123-Reg suggesting the registrant is in the UK. Might be worth pinging them another email asking why there’s a delay?
    Last edited by YCymro; 19th March 2023 at 18:29.

Quote Originally Posted by YCymro View Post
    That’s very helpful Keith - thanks

It’s worth progressing a refund via your credit card company though, otherwise they’ll never change.

The registrar for the domain is 123-Reg suggesting the registrant is in the UK. Might be worth pinging them another email asking why there’s a delay?
    Chaps, all I can say is that Santander dont make it easy, I called them and waited an age to speak to a human and to report the fraud and their respons was that I must follow an arcane process on line to raise the issue (they wouldnt do it) and added it can take up to six months to be dealt with...Amex did this over the phone a few years ago when I had a problem of this type and my account was credited instantly so different companies have different approaches.
    Cheers Keith

So against my better judgement ive just wasted an hour of my life trying to raise a claim with Santander - so what started as a dispute with a dodgy retailer has now turned into me being utterly pissed off with this shower who put every multiple obsticles in the way prevent you from making a claim - the primary issue (once you get to the claim process on their website) is their requirement for proof of the order being placed (seems their own system doest accept that a debit was made on behalf of the retailer on my credit card) - as I didnt get an order confirmation I fail on that step and then proof that I have tried to resolve it "we accept emails etc" but then they dont, only jpg's, png's etc which I painstakingly created from my emails...and which arent acceptable when attempts are made to upload them. Anyway the good news is that the amount was less than £20 thankfully not more and given what Ive now discovered about Santander.,,guess what I'm doing next? it involved scissors and finding a new card provider.
    Keith

Master
    In many ways you have found out how p155 poor their customer service is when only £20 was at stake. They would probably be even more difficult and obstructive if you had £2/300 at risk.

Cant speak about many banks but I had reason to talk to Chase about what I thought was an unauthorised deduction and they couldn’t have been more helpful in resolving what was in fact my error.

Journeyman
    Off topic too but I just had to reply when you mentioned Santander. Shower of p155 is far too kind for them. They blocked my relatives account last year because of suspicious activity and then proceeded not to deal with it for over 6 months. I had to get involved, raise complaint with FOS, and then write to their "Executive" team before finally being able to exit this Dante's hell and get my relatives account unfrozen. Good luck to anyone who has any sort of issue with them!

I've dealt with a few other banks/credit cards over the years and the difference between Santander and others in service and general competence is astonishing. And this is not the only time I've had issues with them.

I'm genuinely glad it's a relatively small amount in your case and the sooner you are shot of them the better.