closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rolex Predictions 2023 The New Models Rolex Might Launch During Watches and Wonders

Huh, wha zzzzzzzzz
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    The actual releases are no more relevant than all the photoshop mock-ups - well never be able to actually buy either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolex Predictions 2023 The New Models Rolex Might Launch During Watches and Wonders

Something new for the fan boys!
    Last edited by Toshk; 9th March 2023 at 23:19.

Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    The actual releases are no more relevant than all the photoshop mock-ups - well never be able to actually buy either.

And therein lies the rub...the game ain't worth the candle, less'n you're innit for the 'residuals'.,,plus they are mostly boring, bit ugly.

Rolex Predictions 2023 The New Models Rolex Might Launch During Watches and Wonders

An added bracelet option isn't a new release. It's 2023 and the covid and WFH excuses are long gone.

Really hope the gold 369 sub isn't real. Equally the gold Hulk is very TOWIE.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 9th March 2023 at 22:49.

The predictions are currently cringeworthy.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    The possible anniversary Daytona has been leaked, the 116508LN in solid gold with meteor dial, ceramic bezel and black sub dials. Not a pretty combination IMHO

They haven't released anything decent since the BLRO.

Looks like the Milgauss has finally had the chop.

Master
    Just got my invite to go see the new models and try them on. Not sure I will be ordering any unless

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Just got my invite to go see the new models and try them on. Not sure I will be ordering any unless
    Waiting to find out if the store I go to is included on the list. Add a +1 to your invite and I'll bring the Percy pigs.

Grand Master
    Saying you might order Rolex is like Monty Pythons Life Of Brian where they are debating whether Reg can have babies.
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Waiting to find out if the store I go to is included on the list. Add a +1 to your invite and I'll bring the Percy pigs.
    Sorry matey, my other half has already said shes coming. Feel free to send the Percy Pigs though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Saying you might order Rolex is like Monty Pythons Life Of Brian where they are debating whether Reg can have babies.
    Ive done okay so far. To be honest Im not sure I fancy any, but lets see.

Is this a public event somewhere Joe? Is it invitation only? Thanks

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    Is this a public event somewhere Joe? Is it invitation only? Thanks

Its at one of the WoS stores and by invitation. I was offered a few times slots so I guess they are limiting attendance.

The Rolex w@nkery is complete. You cant buy one, and now you have to have a special by invitation only just to view and try some new models on.

WoS being clever and sucking you in fellas. Nothing to with Rolex, as maybe 1 in 50 on the invitation list may get a new hot watch years down the line. It has all to do with their brand and flogging other overpriced trinkets.

Wileeeey wetting his pants, but he is as welcome as Corbyn at a Conservative Party conference.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I had a call from the AD, super exciting, too invite me to an event to see the full range.

I asked if the availability is any better on what I've already asked for. The answer was no, so I was irked and said what's they point of inviting me to see what I can't get???

Probably done myself no favours but couldn't help myself.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I had a call from the AD, super exciting, too invite me to an event to see the full range.

I asked if the availability is any better on what I've already asked for. The answer was no, so I was irked and said what's they point of inviting me to see what I can't get???

Probably done myself no favours but couldn't help myself.
    Haha, can only imagine getting 'the call' only to be told you are invited to come and 'view' the watches. Not sure I would react much differently to how you did.

Having said that, it can help you decide which watch you want to be listed for...next....WOS will tell you 'lists are still closed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Haha, can only imagine getting 'the call' only to be told you are invited to come and 'view' the watches. Not sure I would react much differently to how you did.

Having said that, it can help you decide which watch you want to be listed for...next....WOS will tell you 'lists are still closed'.
    But easy to think youre special because you got the invite. You are just one in one hundred who got timed invites across tens of ADs.

Thousands have been invited for watches you cant buy.

But that is not the point. Targeted because you are a spender, your visit to WoS and others is part of the salespersons master plan.

Create loyalty. Buy a few other overpriced trinkets, spend enough and that new Daytona release could be yours several years down the line.

You are not a special customer. They are playing you.

Master
    I do not feel special for getting an invite, I posted the message so that enthusiasts were aware of the stage of the rollout.

I got a number of watches last year and the AD has been good to deal with, so I am not too concerned about the wait list issues.

Im curious to see the new Seadweller Deeper sea and the new version of the explorer 2, but thats it.

Which Seadweller deep sea? The challenger?

noTAGlove is just slut shaming because we have a type and we're easy

I've bought double-figures from my AD and never get an invite. (o; JN, I'll be interested in your photos if you manage to take some. I'd like to try to the YM and bi-GMT. Wasn't the new Exp2 last year?

Master
    Which Seadweller deep sea? The challenger?

noTAGlove is just slut shaming because we have a type and we're easy
    Yes the Challenge. I have the variants of the Seadweller but am curious to see how the 50mm wears ( I have an emergency 2 so can wear a hockey puck).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I've bought double-figures from my AD and never get an invite. (o; JN, I'll be interested in your photos if you manage to take some. I'd like to try to the YM and bi-GMT. Wasn't the new Exp2 last year?
    If your purchase history is with WoS then suggest you change dealer to another AD within the group. Your purchase history will move with you but you can reset the relationship with the new AD. I did this and it was well worth while.

Have you bought diamonds and gold bangles?

If they have 50 places they are going to be very selective. A previous Omega or two may not cut it. This is a SALES event and they are not trying to sell you Rolex.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Have you bought diamonds and gold bangles?

If they have 50 places they are going to be very selective. A previous Omega or two may not cut it. This is a SALES event and they are not trying to sell you Rolex.
    No indeed, a very fair point. I have actually been treated more than well by my AD (as sad as that may sound), with the chance to buy in-demand sports steel models over the years (including Patek) - I am not complaining. (o; As you say, I guess they realise I'm not one for buying the more expensive trinkets (and my wife doesn't want one) and so better to invite others to these events.

If your purchase history is with WoS then suggest you change dealer to another AD within the group. Your purchase history will move with you but you can reset the relationship with the new AD. I did this and it was well worth while.
    Hi Joe - not with WoS. I was thinking all AD chains would have similar Rolex show-and-tell events. I hope you enjoy it.

Hi Joe - not with WoS. I was thinking all AD chains would have similar Rolex show-and-tell events. I hope you enjoy it.
    Yes, all ADs can (and most do in my experience) new release events each year in partnership with Rolex who supply the marketing pieces.

Looks like some of the new models have already arrived at ADs, ahead of any special people invite events.

A friend of mine picked up his new 40mm Explorer on Saturday. He had previously tried on the 36mm at the AD, but decided it was too small for him. Had resigned himself to looking out for a preowned 39mm. Visited the AD about a week or so after the new 40mm was announced and asked about getting one.

As he said no jewellery or watches that I didnt want were involved in the purchase of this watch.😀

He thought he would have had to wait a while, given that he has only bought one Rolex from the AD (114060) and last year turned down an Explorer 2, after trying it on and deciding it was too big for him.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    The Rolex w@nkery is complete. You cant buy one, and now you have to have a special by invitation only just to view and try some new models on.

WoS being clever and sucking you in fellas. Nothing to with Rolex, as maybe 1 in 50 on the invitation list may get a new hot watch years down the line. It has all to do with their brand and flogging other overpriced trinkets.

Wileeeey wetting his pants, but he is as welcome as Corbyn at a Conservative Party conference.
    What's wrong with you? All the major brands hold invitation-only events... why take it as another opportunity to express your disgust for Rolex? I do wonder sometimes the extent to which envy plays a part with this anti-Rolex sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    What's wrong with you? All the major brands hold invitation-only events... why take it as another opportunity to express your disgust for Rolex? I do wonder sometimes the extent to which envy plays a part with this anti-Rolex sentiment.
    Don't get him started on buy-to-let's either! ;-)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    My white dial Air-King 14200 looks like a little white dial Explorer so that would get the thumbs up from me.
    I also have a white dial Air King 114200 and in my mind it is a white dial explorer. I understand they share the same movement although the case sizes are different with the Air King being 34mm. Even Chrono24 call these "white explorer dial"

I digress though.
    A simple white dial Explorer in 36-38mm would get my vote too.
    Last edited by barreti; 23rd May 2023 at 10:15.

Master
    Did anyone see Rolex macaroons in the press launch ?

Master

And..

Thanks for the pics. Did you get to try this on? If so what did you think of sizing?

Master
    Thanks for the pics. Did you get to try this on? If so what did you think of sizing?
    I tried all of them on. Most had a mechanism in, a couple didnt.

The weight of the new platinum clear back was surprise as its quite heavy. Conversely the new yacht master is stupidly light.

Master

Im advised the dealers have already started receiving the new models.

Some are allocated directly by Rolex now not by the dealer ( for example the Challenge).

Also, waitlists for green faced watches will close very soon, the Seadweller green may close this week.

The 20 demos pieces are doing a tour of WoS stores.
    Last edited by joe narvey; 25th May 2023 at 20:29.

No difference in size to the prior Daytona on bracelet at all. I’m betting that picture is on someone with a 7” wrist at most, if not smaller. Based on your pictures of your own watches before I’d say any Daytona would wear very small on you.

Love that new dial however, definitely the pick on the new for ‘23 WG/Everose models.
    Last edited by Gareth-W; 25th May 2023 at 20:53.

I tried all of them on. Most had a mechanism in, a couple didnt.

The weight of the new platinum clear back was surprise as its quite heavy. Conversely the new yacht master is stupidly light.
    Thanks. No roadshow watches where I shop, just exhibitions as normal, so will have to see what they get in over time.

I'm down for the YM but can't go on for the Explorer until I've bought something or delete from the list. Shame the YM isn't a no date.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    No difference in size to the prior Daytona on bracelet at all. I’m betting that picture is on someone with a 7” wrist at most, if not smaller. Based on your pictures of your own watches before I’d say any Daytona would wear very small on you.

Love that new dial however, definitely the pick on the new for ‘23 WG/Everose models.
    Yep, typical IG skinny wrist.

The steel looks to have taken on the PM proportions which will be a better bet with the ceramic bezel but the dial on this is something else.

Tried on a plat Daytona and think it wears fine as the bezel beefs it up a bit along with the PM case being different but now both are the same

Master

Thanks. No roadshow watches where I shop, just exhibitions as normal, so will have to see what they get in over time.

I'm down for the YM but can't go on for the Explorer until I've bought something or delete from the list. Shame the YM isn't a no date.
    Im not sure about the explorer. I like the larger size but its just a little too meh.

The surprise of the night is the 1908 which wears well and has the open back. ( expensive though).
    Last edited by joe narvey; 25th May 2023 at 21:38.

Im not sure about the explorer. I like the larger size but its just a little too meh.

The surprise of the night is the 1908 which wears well and has the open back. ( expensive though).
    Will see what pops up. Part of me me wants to try the deep-sea challenger but I know it would be stupid.

Biggest problem with the 1908 is the 6119.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    At least with other invitation only events you can generally buy the product the salesman is trying to flog.

Master

Will see what pops up. Part of me me wants to try the deep-sea challenger but I know it would be stupid.

A few shots of the back.

The dust was not on the outside.

Master

I have an Breitling Emergency so could carry the weight and size, but the Emergency has come near to being used on a couple of occasions (pin pulled), I see no chance of me diving with a watch like that. Ive dived with Seadwellers but at 50m cant see the face.

I have an Breitling Emergency so could carry the weight and size, but the Emergency has come near to being used on a couple of occasions (pin pulled), I see no chance of me diving with a watch like that. Ive dived with Seadwellers but at 50m cant see the face.
    Its a really interesting watch and Ive tried to dig deep a couple of times but cant seem to find any videos from owners. Perhaps over time.

Ive never worn my DSSD and felt it was too big or comically large and I dont see many of them ever being sold. Definitely not one to go on the list for without trying it on first.

Shame about the dust on the inside of the 1908.

I'm not remotely a Rolex fanboy but that new Yachtmaster might just be the only watch you'll ever want or need.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I look at them but have no desire for any of them tbh. There are so many more interesting watches around, regardless of the price or availability etc.

A couple of years ago I'd be drooling over most of them

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I'm not remotely a Rolex fanboy but that new Yachtmaster might just be the only watch you'll ever want or need.
    Im advised I can get one, but not sure its different enough to my existing yacht master.

Put a Rubber B on the new one and you have a WG version ( to the untrained eye).