closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: eBay Authenticator - How long does it take?

eBay Authenticator - How long does it take?

Thanks to Wasim (waser) giving me the heads up I bought a Sinn 103 Ti Diapal off eBay this afternoon & wondered if any one knows how long the authentication process takes?
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    From my knowledge, it's received 1/2 days after the authenticators receive it. Must be dependent on how many they receive in one day.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app

It's pretty quick normally, within 48 hours of receiving it from the seller they send it on from my experience.

41 x 17.2 !! I look forward to seeing / hearing how that wears on the wrist.

You might then need to return the watch to Sinn after eBay ruin the previous "completely dry" installation. From the Sinn site:

"To perfect the technical design, this model is equipped with
    Ar-Dehumidifying Technology. The movement is embedded in an environment that is almost completely dry. This reduces ageing and prevents the crystal from fogging when exposed to sudden cold, and ensures reliable functionality and accuracy for a longer period of time."

Sent a DJ a couple of weeks ago. The Authenticator received the watch and authenticated it then next day by 10:30am and sent it on to the buyer via UPS. They got it 3 days later.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    41 x 17.2 !! I look forward to seeing / hearing how that wears on the wrist.

You might then need to return the watch to Sinn after eBay ruin the previous "completely dry" installation. From the Sinn site:

"To perfect the technical design, this model is equipped with
    Ar-Dehumidifying Technology. The movement is embedded in an environment that is almost completely dry. This reduces ageing and prevents the crystal from fogging when exposed to sudden cold, and ensures reliable functionality and accuracy for a longer period of time."
    Ouch!

Craftsman
    Last one I sold.
    They turned around the same day.

I posted on the Monday, it was delivered on the Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Have been out of the eBay (and watch buying / selling) loop for sometime... what do ebay charge for the service? And is it the the buyer or seller that pays?

J

It's free at the moment.

They did mine in 2 days

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Just posted on Monday and authentication complete by midday today, I was a bit sceptical but it's been pretty smooth, can't complain.

Sent from a technical device.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    You might then need to return the watch to Sinn after eBay ruin the previous "completely dry" installation.
    I don’t think they go as far as taking off the caseback to check the movement. Especially when the watch has a display caseback.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    I don’t think they go as far as taking off the caseback to check the movement. Especially when the watch has a display caseback.
    Wasn’t there a chap selling a Ming on SC that had marks on the screws that he thought could only have been an eBay Authenticator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Authenticator removes the case back from a watch under warranty does this invalidate any remaining warranty?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Only one experience, but was turned round the same day. I was expecting to be a bit underwhelmed (not sure why), but I couldn't fault it.

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    I hope so, Andy. I'll be interested to know once it arrives with you (if it's possible to tell).