closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fitness monitor no screen?

Master

Fitness monitor no screen?

I'm after a fitness monitor to track steps and sleep patterns but one without a screen and with a fabric strap. Something like the Whoop 4 but without a subscription. Did find the Amazon Halo band which would be good but think you can only buy in America. Is there any others out there as my Google fu is failing.
    I have a Garmin Fenix 6X Pro for my sporting activities but want a band to wear on my other wrist when wearing one of my other watches.

Master
    I found nothing that ticked the boxes when I was looking. I ended up with an oura ring. Very discreet vs a band and got me back to wearing watches instead of an Apple Watch the whole time.

Not exactly cheap mind, and there is a subscription service to access the more detailed elements of what it tracks.

Both my wife and I are really happy with the move.

Master
    Thanks, been looking at the Oura Ring as well but really wanted a wrist based device. Found the Moov Now, not a fabric band like I wanted but seems to do everything I need and gets great reviews. For the price I might have yo give it a go.

Master
    Apart from I've just read it doesn't track your steps🙄

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Apart from I've just read it doesn't track your steps🙄
    What’s strange thing to miss out spec wise. That was the start of the most basic of fitbits. Literally no screen just 4 small lights. Simpler times!

Craftsman
    All of the non screen based fitness monitors have been discontinued.
    My favourite of all time was the Misfit Shine, it ran off CR3032 batteries and lasted about 6 months between changes. You can still buy them but they are either used or old stock - the app isn't getting updates though so not ideal.
    I think most people have moved over to Apple Watch.

The best option I've been able to find is the MiBand, it's slim enough that it doesn't look odd when I'm wearing a watch, I've not played around but you might be able to force the screen to stay off or at least on dim

Master
    I'm going through this at the minute too.

I'm fully baked into the Garmin ecosystem so would rather stay there.

I've seen so many of my friends and customers moving to Whoop because of this exact reason.

Garmin need to bring out a Vivosmart with HRV etc

I would be fine wearing a simple band like that with a watch, keep the fenix 7 for when I need GPS

Master
    A somewhat simplistic suggestion but you can switch the screen off on our fitbits and just monitor via iphone. I have a HR and it's very slim, with fabric strap.

Master
    Thanks all, got a few alternatives to review.

I went through this exact research and settled on a Fitbit Inspire 2 with the display off.
    It’s the thinnest / smallest fitness tracker I could find with HRM. I use to use a Fitbit flex 2 which I preferred as it’s a simple band with no display but it also has no HRM.