closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Garmin fenix

Master
    Blog Entries

Garmin fenix

Thinking of getting one. Fancy having a load of data that I don't really need.

Anyone here have the 7 sapphire solar or the 7X? I would get the 7 for the smaller size but that light on the 7X would be really handy for me.

I only have 6.75" wrists though. What size do you have on what size wrists?

Not sure what size my wrists are but they’re up there with a strong BMI and low centre of gravity. I never have a link out of a Rolex, always fits fine. I tried on a jubilee SkyDweller today and it was too small.

I have the Fenix 6 which is the mid size. 6S is small and 7X is the large. I have a slim friend who has the X and kids overpowering but deliberately so - he’s very into fitness and will always prioritise battery

Love the data and the useless info. I now have two Garmins - one little band and the Fenix 6 so I always have something on. Here’s my useless data from this week.

Blog Entries
    I have recently acquired the Garmin 6 Solar pro.

It’s 47mm diameter - which put me off, but doesn’t wear that big… IMHO.

This is on 7.25” wrist

z

I have just been given the 7x black on titanium strap as a gift and already have the 6x titanium grey on a titanium strap which will be on sales corner soon, along with my 5 on black titanium. I prefer large watches so no issues here. I have an 8 inch wrist. I think they wear smaller than they are and in comparison to some of my G Shocks look smaller and are easier with a cuff. I think these watches are fantastic and I use a lot of the things that I never thought I would. Particularly when hiking.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Bloody hell whileeeey. Have the cops been after you last week or did you strap it to your dog!

Journeyman

Good bargains around for 6X Pro Solar (I paid under £400)

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Thinking of getting one. Fancy having a load of data that I don't really need.

Anyone here have the 7 sapphire solar or the 7X? I would get the 7 for the smaller size but that light on the 7X would be really handy for me.

I only have 6.75" wrists though. What size do you have on what size wrists?
    They do wear surprisingly small. I also have the 5 (mid size) and the 6X wears about the same because it’s slimmer and has shorter lugs. Didn’t seem much benefit in the 7 at twice the price.

Master
    I've got a 7 Solar and had my wrist measured in the AD at 205mm when getting fitted for Oysterflex.

I haven't tried a 7x but I would say the 7 fits my wrist best of any watch I have ever had fitness or mechanical.

Bloody hell whileeeey. Have the cops been after you last week or did you strap it to your dog!
    Ha, city break so a lot of walking. Very much not normal for me. A few times my wife “didn’t feel well” after a heavy breakfast so left me to my own devices so I just wandered about.

Might be worth looking at the 6 series too as the price will be about half and it won’t be half the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Ha, city break so a lot of walking. Very much not normal for me. A few times my wife “didn’t feel well” after a heavy breakfast so left me to my own devices so I just wandered about.

Might be worth looking at the 6 series too as the price will be about half and it won’t be half the watch.
    Seconded. My wife got a 6S for marathon training on a good deal at Christmas and is very happy with it

Master
    Blog Entries
    Was looking at the 6 series but the 7's come with touch screen which adds a lot especially for maps. That light on the X is awesome but the size is so off putting.

Not sure when the 8 will be out but I would imagine not soon otherwise I'd wait for the 7 to come down.

Craftsman
    I've just got my 6X and its awesome - super light - with a velcro strap on, it's lighter than the steel apple watch thats languishing in a drawer somewhere.

zelig - I recognise that watch face - rocking the same with some different semi-useless data!

the 6X does look a little large, but fits under shirt cuffs and gets out of the way in office based life. The light on the 7X looks handy - I'm sticking with the 6X I just got after trying out a 5X and mainly because most of my exercise is on my smart trainer in the garage (it collects LOADS of data off the trainer).

Garmin fenix

John Lewis knocking out the 6 Pro Solar for £369 atm…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Martylaa; 14th February 2023 at 23:55.

Master
    Garmin Fenix 6 Pro Solar. All 47mm of it adorning my sub 7 inch wrist. Clownishly too big for me but it’s my wrist so why not? Bought this in the John Lewis sale last month. The only problem is I no longer wear a proper watch.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well went for the fenix 7X in the end. Really enjoying it so far and I'm fine with the size although it is a good chunk of metal. Being titanium though it's definitely light and comfortable to wear.

Loving the light on it. It's helped me out loads already.

Does anyone have any aftermarket straps on theirs?

Craftsman
    I went for these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Super lightweight, easily adjustable to my wrist so it's not too tight, and the way the strap is designed vs other velcro ones means theres no chance of it coming off.

Master
    Blog Entries
    What version of topoactive Europe is everyone on? Is 2021.21 the latest?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by poloman View Post
    I went for these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Super lightweight, easily adjustable to my wrist so it's not too tight, and the way the strap is designed vs other velcro ones means theres no chance of it coming off.
    Thanks I've ordered. Also trying these https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09TQK12...cklook_imgToDp 50% off seems like a no brainer.

These are good desk chargers with a stand so you can use the Fenix as a mini clock at the same time.

https://amzn.eu/d/bD2gmhL

These straps are like the OEM and a variety of colours. I have a couple and no issues in over a year. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Master
    Well went for the fenix 7X in the end. Really enjoying it so far and I'm fine with the size although it is a good chunk of metal. Being titanium though it's definitely light and comfortable to wear.

Loving the light on it. It's helped me out loads already.

Does anyone have any aftermarket straps on theirs?
    I've found NotoCity straps to be one of the best, had them on all my Garmins.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Liking the nylon straps. Very comfortable.

Having owned most of the high end brands and a few Garmins I splashed out on the Marq. Doesn't really do more than the 6 Pro but I'm over the moon with it. A nice quality watch that has everything I need. Shame its not a proper dive computer too or I really would be at my end game.... probably.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Went for a walk today. Beautiful day and never even felt this thing on my wrist. For such a big watch it's very comfy.

Last edited by sprite1275; 11th March 2023 at 19:49.

SydR
    I have a fabric strap on a couple of mine and they are indeed comfy.