closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Modern overnight storage heaters

Modern overnight storage heaters

The in-laws are soon to be moving and going in to an apartment with just electric heating. It seems these things have come on over the years and these modern ones have this super duper thermal stuff in them which are better at releasing the heat for longer. They need to do a complete refit so perfect time. Can anyone recommend a make and model please…there seems quite a lot to look at?
    FFF

Blog Entries
    I’ll check with the wife. We had to replace one in her rental property a year ago. It looked very smart and heats the whole flat - I think it used thermal bricks that weighed a ton - fitted in situ I seem to remember.

combined with economy 7 helps with the bills
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I’ll check with the wife. We had to replace one in her rental property a year ago. It looked very smart and heats the whole flat - I think it used thermal bricks that weighed a ton - fitted in situ I seem to remember.

combined with economy 7 helps with the bills
    Yes exactly the kind of thing…cheers

There's a potential problem with Economy 7

BBC News - Energy bills rise for 2.5 million homes on Economy 7
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64332617

Master
    We have a single rointe rad at home in a room without a traditional radiator and it works well. We are furnishing a cottage which also has electricity only and we will be looking at more from Rointe to replace the very old storage heaters there. They do a lot of wifi stuff too so that will be useful.

I had them in my penthouse apartment, and hated them, but no other choices other than electric allowed.! The only good thing was that everyone below had their heating on, so it felt like I had continuous underfloor heating throughout winters.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    We have a single rointe rad at home in a room without a traditional radiator and it works well. We are furnishing a cottage which also has electricity only and we will be looking at more from Rointe to replace the very old storage heaters there. They do a lot of wifi stuff too so that will be useful.
    Rointe are a decent make.
    There’s a few brands selling the wifi electric rads. All have to be upto current spec lot20 I think now

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    The in-laws are soon to be moving and going in to an apartment with just electric heating. It seems these things have come on over the years and these modern ones have this super duper thermal stuff in them which are better at releasing the heat for longer. They need to do a complete refit so perfect time. Can anyone recommend a make and model please…there seems quite a lot to look at?
    FFF
    Dudley. Give us a call tomorrow mate.

Any help or advice you need
    Last edited by lenlec; 13th February 2023 at 06:07.

i have had the dimplex quantum ones for about 8 years and they are a big improvement on the 'dumb' ones.
    they are compliant for rental as they can be programmed to heat when you want them to and they learn how much to charge up overnight, they are not perfect but i have learned how to influence the input/output so i hardly ever have to use the boost element. though the temp you set is sometimes over what is output so i have a room thermometer and use that as a guide so often 19° on the heater gives 21.5° in the room so adjust accordingly.
    Think the new models run on an app