closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Free Carpentry Services in around Berkshire

Free Carpentry Services in around Berkshire

Back in late 2021 I completed a 3 month NVQ carpentry and joinery course with a view to changing career. However this got delayed, but I am now looking to make the transition.

I will be moving to Devon this year, but find I am at a loose end through to the beginning of April before I start on our house renovation.

So, I would like to use this time to do any carpentry jobs, offering my labour for free, all you need to pay for are materials, equipment (such as blades etc) and travel/fuel costs. In exchange, if you feel I've done a good job, I'd like a positive review of my work as this will help kick start my new venture.

I can do skirting, architrave, door hanging, stud walls, shelving, shaker units for living room alcoves etc. Whatever the job, get in touch by IM, give me any idea of what you are looking for and your number and I will give you a call to chat. If it’s beyond my current skill set I will be honest with you!

At this stage this is on offer to anyone within commutable distance from Reading, Berkshire.

Rich

Master
    Blog Entries
    Good on you, that’s a nice touch.

Master
    100% the best way to start a business like this in my view. Build the reputation from day 1.

Well done OP and all the best for your venture

Great gesture, good look with the new venture

Sent from my SM-G988B using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    What a welcome change to see someone offering their services for free, a great gesture and hopefully it will give you the confidence to build a good future for yourself in a new trade. I wish you the very best of luck.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Fair play op. Do you have income while doing the house renovations? is the house part of the plan or to live in? I did carpentry/joinery NVQ 2 when I left school on block release.

You should ask a few local carpentry companies for work and spend some time with other chippies. You will be amazed at the tips and tricks you will pick up.

Master
    Amazing gesture - Binfield here, the only thing we need is painting damn it!

As per previous maybe shadow some other folk and get the tips you don't learn until on the job!

Good luck with it all, and love your offer to members.

Hope the karma is received when you need it, sir.

Whereabouts in Berks are you? We need a stair bannister making/installing but we might be too far away in East London/Essex. Just at the end of the M11.

Anyway, good plan and if the lack of available carpenters around here is anything to go by, you'll be in high demand. Good luck

Thanks the comments guys, hopefully someone local needs some help. Thanks for the idea 18Paneraiseeker, may try a few carpentry companies if I don’t have any local work.

13sprite1275, the plan is to live once the renovation. The good news is the builder I have is willing to work with me on the carpentry, so whilst no income, I can start trying to build up a client base down in Devon.

I would never do anything for nothing ,no good deed goes unpunished , I’m in the building trade but good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Whereabouts in Berks are you? We need a stair bannister making/installing but we might be too far away in East London/Essex. Just at the end of the M11.

Anyway, good plan and if the lack of available carpenters around here is anything to go by, you'll be in high demand. Good luck
    Bit to far for me, I am Reading, sorry..