closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A Honey Gold "R" dial 6139-6002

A Honey Gold "R" dial 6139-6002

I needed some photos for a possible future sales post and I thought some may find them useful as everything is OEM on this one apart from a replacement crystal fitted when serviced.

The "R" dial though not rare isent as common as the "T" dial, the "T" dial tends to be yellow whereas the "R"s are more golden in the right light.

It would seem the vast majority for sale on the likes of ebay are really poor examples made up of fake and after market parts and still the sellers are asking a lot for them, I think there must be a lot of 6139 owners out there who don't realize what rubbish they have bought.

Last edited by TheTigerUK; 8th February 2023 at 19:55.

Craftsman
    The watch that got me “in to” watches.

Thanks for sharing.

Love that, very nice!

I’m really enjoying the blue dialed one I purchased following some debate about it on WT just before Christmas.

I did a deal to include a replacement crystal but never had it fitted following a bit of tidying up on the original

Before pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Nice photos, and these are fabulous watches. Amazed Seiko hasn't thought to do a re-release of these. They truly have an exceptional back catalogue

Craftsman
    I’ve had number of these in the past and sold them for peanuts !!! Really wish I’d kept at least one of them and also should have researched the prices a bit more !!
    Still one of my favourite Seiko references.

The honey gold dial reminds me of my childhood dentist who wore one, he was a lovely reassuring man with one of those soothing voices that stops a 4 year old running out of the surgery! - I’d gaze at his watch whenever I was in the dentists chair, I think that’s what switched me on to watches tbh. Every time I see one I get that nostalgic twinge!

I remember the first time I saw one of these when I was a kid, loved it, the next time I saw one it was this one, that came to live with me.

My youngest son’s favourite watch from the ones I own.

Grand Master
    The blue is a nice one,but really like the gold dials.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk