closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This method of buying Timefactors Smiths watches is so frustrating

Apprentice
    I wanted a new bracelet for my 2020 PRS-25. Too bad, didn't work out the way I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by YCymro View Post
    Again, good luck to all forum members for this afternoon’s shop opening. I’m going to give this one a miss.
    Looking forward to success stories.
    I put in my order for the Commando, it looks like the shop was open for a little longer than usual today. Perhaps with none of the standard Everests available there wasn't as much of a rush as usual.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Going for an Expedition!
    Nice choice!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Looks like the shop is open a bit longer today!
    I took a look after reading your post, but there was nothing new for me today. Surprised that the store was open until almost 2.10, and I nearly went for a Blackbird, but at 40mm it was a little large as I’ve progressively got used to smaller watches.
    I suppose the Bank Holiday, nice weather, and not having the newer, more popular models for sale all influenced the longer opening duration.

Journeyman
    Managed to get the Polar Baby Dreadnought. Record speed for me but seems I wasted my prep, looks like the shop was open for much longer than usual 😊

Really looking forward to receiving it!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 765 RS View Post
    Managed to get the Polar Baby Dreadnought. Record speed for me but seems I wasted my prep, looks like the shop was open for much longer than usual 

Really looking forward to receiving it!
    Just looked those up and they’re a nice looking watch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Polar Dreadnought. I've umm'd and ahh'd about one for ages but finally got one to try.

Now need to find a nice 18mm rubber strap.....
    Me too.
    Not sure what sort of strap I fancy for it though; perhaps something like this for a bit of orange highlight (an orange strap is too much for me!) - https://www.bartonwatchbands.com/en-...oaAuXcEALw_wcB

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm thinking about getting an orange and white and maybe a pale (sage) green.

Planning on it being the Summer '23 watch!

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I'm thinking about getting an orange and white and maybe a pale (sage) green.

Planning on it being the Summer '23 watch!
    Nice! I had similar plans for the Commando I just ordered. I love my honeycomb, and I think the commando would be a good complement for it. Thinking of getting a tropic strap to go with it.

Craftsman
    I did wonder myself whether the store would be open longer than usual due to the "hot" watches not on sale, I had a similar experience last year when I picked up my Commando (plexi), breezed straight through, no rush.

How many people managed to grab a Commando in yesterday's opening I wonder, personally I think its one of the Everest line least in demand as I imagine the tropical dial, stick hands & rivet bracelet is not for everyone.

I love mine and tend to find I wear it more than my black dial Everest when the mood suits and a plus, the plexi crystal is surprisingly robust and has held up well over the past year.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Nice! I had similar plans for the Commando I just ordered. I love my honeycomb, and I think the commando would be a good complement for it. Thinking of getting a tropic strap to go with it.

I have a commando with the tropical dial and really love it, I think you'll be thrilled.

Journeyman
    Just looked those up and they’re a nice looking watch
    Cheers! I've a few dark dialled sportier watches, this will be my first lighter dialled one, I was unsure for a while but now can't wait to get it in the wrist.

I've no understanding of what straps suit anything so please keep posting ideas gents, that rubber with the flash of orange looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Planet Ocean View Post
    I did wonder myself whether the store would be open longer than usual due to the "hot" watches not on sale, I had a similar experience last year when I picked up my Commando (plexi), breezed straight through, no rush.

How many people managed to grab a Commando in yesterday's opening I wonder, personally I think its one of the Everest line least in demand as I imagine the tropical dial, stick hands & rivet bracelet is not for everyone.

I love mine and tend to find I wear it more than my black dial Everest when the mood suits and a plus, the plexi crystal is surprisingly robust and has held up well over the past year.
    I went for the Commando, they no longer have the rivet bracelet. I'm not super keen on the rivet bracelet anyway. I really like the tropical dial and stick hands, it's what makes it different enough to merit getting it when I have the honeycomb! I kind of prefer the ones with more offbeat dials. I really like the Expedition too but I already have two white dialed three-handers. I'll be waiting for the Traveller to be released, unless the price is crazy I'm pretty sure I'm getting it.

Journeyman
    Received the Dreadnought this morning! Amazing turnaround Eddie, and many thanks for a gorgeous watch.

Received the Dreadnought this morning! Amazing turnaround Eddie, and many thanks for a gorgeous watch.
    I'm glad you're happy with it.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I'm glad you're happy with it.

Eddie

All sized up!

Can never take any decent pictures but fits really well and is a great size for my smaller wrists.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

All sized up!

Can never take any decent pictures but fits really well and is a great size for my smaller wrists.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Looks great! It's a very handsome watch, top of my list for a diver if I decide I need one :).

Commando arrived and is on my wrist. Love that dial and the baton hands, really a nice complement to the honeycomb. It's coming with me on vacation next week :)

Craftsman
    Commando arrived and is on my wrist. Love that dial and the baton hands, really a nice complement to the honeycomb. It's coming with me on vacation next week :)

That looks very nice. Enjoy the hol!

That looks very nice. Enjoy the hol!
    Thanks! I'll try, officially a working holiday for me. Taking off the travel days, but I'll ve working most of the week, unfortunately. But I'll have my Commando by my side while my wife and kids go out and have fun during my workday :). So mostly a nice change of scenery. Summer we're planning on heading to Italy and Spain for a couple of weeks and I'll be taking actual time off, so that should be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by K-Z1R View Post
    Can't see the attraction of these watches and certainly wouldn't be champing at the bit to buy one.
    "What a fool I am," he said. "Here I am wearing myself out to get a bunch of sour grapes.”

Craftsman
    Tried to buy a jubilee bracelet today but it didn’t go well as the dog knocked my glasses off and in the 2 seconds it took to put them back on they’d sold out and the item was removed from my basket. It was my fault for trying again

Tried to buy a jubilee bracelet today but it didn’t go well as the dog knocked my glasses off and in the 2 seconds it took to put them back on they’d sold out and the item was removed from my basket. It was my fault for trying again
    There were 20 in stock and they sold out in one minute.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    There were 20 in stock and they sold out in one minute.

Eddie
    I think it was less than a minute! I was definitely on the page at 9:00 my time and by the time I refreshed it said sold out. I should've moved faster! Any more incoming?

I think it was less than a minute! I was definitely on the page at 9:00 my time and by the time I refreshed it said sold out. I should've moved faster! Any more incoming?

Yes, there will be more.

Eddie

It wasn’t the Jubilee Bracelet I was after but a nice budget friendly GMT. I’d completely forgotten the PRS-22GMTQ even existed until I saw one posted on the Perfect Straps thread on WT yesterday.
    Checked out at about 16:25 yesterday so if your after something other than the hottest TF shiny thing there’s no need to sweat.
    Thanks again Eddie.