closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cardinal Sicura watches

Master

Cardinal Sicura watches

Does anybody know where I might find information about these watches, specifically their Submarine watch, I believe it was made famous in the 70s in the program 'the Champions'.

Master
    This is an interesting article . I used to have a square cased Sicura many years ago, didn’t realise they were of any note. https://thenorthernwatchco.com/2020/...rise-in-value/

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Thanks for the link, a few years ago I bought a bag of old mechanical watches cheap(around £30) and put them in a cupboard for when I might try my hand at watchmaking.
    Opened up the bag last night and in the collection there's a Smiths Delux, a Smiths Astral, an Ingersoll and a Cardinal Sicura Submarine which apart from the hands(which are straight rather than tapering) looks exactly like the one in the picture but this is a ladies at 29mm case. Opening the case the movement looks exactly the same as the gents but is only 17 jewels rather than 23. I don't think it's worth anything but it's a nice looking watch and be good to get it going. At the moment it only runs for a few seconds.

After a quick wind the Smiths Astral and the Ingersoll are running.
    Last edited by K300; 1st February 2023 at 13:10.

Quote Originally Posted by K300 View Post
    Does anybody know where I might find information about these watches, specifically their Submarine watch, I believe it was made famous in the 70s in the program 'the Champions'.
    Also I also spotted the same watch worn by Stewart Damon in Department S.

Both ITC shows so probably from the same batch. Probably early product placement like the Vauxhalls with consecutive number plates they drove around in Department S and Randall and Hopkirk.

The Cardinal Subs were not an expensive watch a while back but have certainly gained traction in recent years!
    Cheers,
    Neil.