closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Signet rings

Signet rings

I'm looking to get a new signet ring. I have an old one that was handed down to me by my grandfather, but the ring is too small and can't be upsized easily. I'm thinking of taking the stone out of it and having it put in a new ring that I can wear. I also have the wax impression of the family crest so could get a new stone or similar impressed from that I guess if I wanted to keep the current ring intact.

Has anyone commissioned a new signet ring before? Just looking for recommendations for a good jeweller who could do a bespoke design/commission for me. Thanks all!

Master
    It doesn’t get much better than this.
    Amazing talent and mad as a box of frogs 🐸 😅

http://www.thesealmaker.com/

Hello,

I wear a signet ring with my family crest. Do you have a crest that you'd like a jeweller to engrave on the ring?

If so, find a good jeweller and they'll happily engrave it into a new ring for you.

I'm not familiar what the process is to commission a new crest, but you can easily use your initials if you don't have a design that you have the rights to use.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Master
    Happy to help out, I have a great goldsmith who makes most of my wedding jewellery and signet rings, and I use an engraver in Manchester who works miracles for me.

If you can buy a decent quality gold signet (heavy, not a H Samuel tinfoil one) then you can even go direct to the engraver with it, they now deal directly with the public. Check out Holt & Marsh and have a look at some of the crest engravings and intaglio work (deeper engravings for wax seals) on their website. I've used them for a decade and I wouldn't use anyone else.

Craftsman
    Family Crest ?? Nice to see we have some Aristocracy in the mix tho.

Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    I'm looking to get a new signet ring. I have an old one that was handed down to me by my grandfather, but the ring is too small and can't be upsized easily. I'm thinking of taking the stone out of it and having it put in a new ring that I can wear. I also have the wax impression of the family crest so could get a new stone or similar impressed from that I guess if I wanted to keep the current ring intact.

Has anyone commissioned a new signet ring before? Just looking for recommendations for a good jeweller who could do a bespoke design/commission for me. Thanks all!
    there's a company that do wonders with these. They've advertised in the back of Private Eye for decades. Heard nothing but positive vibes about them from friends.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Family Crest ?? Nice to see we have some Aristocracy in the mix tho.
    You don't have one? Shame on you!

My grandfather was a coal miner, ours is a crossed shovel & pickaxe with a pile of coal underneath.

Had not realised they were still a popular choice of jewellery, OP can you share the current one you have - my benchmark is the posh kids I went to school with who became bankers, so I have a limited view thus far!

Sounds like KK has you sorted though, which is great.

I can personally recommend this business, as a repeat customer:- https://www.familycrestjewellery.co.uk/

It’s a one-man cottage industry operation owned and run by a real character called Viv. Dealing with him is refreshingly different, in a good way.