closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seiko MM300 Final delivery

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    You can't fit the fat bars on this strap. Well, I've never tried to fit them.

I rarely use the fat Seiko bars as it limits your choice of straps, like OEM straps or Uncle Seiko straps as examples.

Your can wear any 20mm strap you like on an mm300 with properly seated spring bars. The watch has drilled lugs so you don't want to use thin spring bars as they risk passing through the lug holes, plus they wouldn't be strong enough anyway. If in doubt, try fitting the springs bars on their own.

There are so many styles of spring bar available nowadays. You need spring bars with a collar diameter that's bigger than the lug holes diameter on the inside of the mm300's lugs.
    Thanks but won't the spring bars have thinner tips which would scrape the inside the of larger holes and eat away at the lugs?

Based on all the feedback here over the years, I think that most forum members would prefer screw pins over pins and collars. I've lost count as to how many watches I've bought here over the last 20 years with missing collars or/and pins, making the spare links useless.

A touch of thread lock on a bracelet link screw, they never come loose but are still easy to remove.
    So if most people think so I must change my mind?
    Missing pins and collars are the fault of the people you buy from, not the bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Thanks but won't the spring bars have thinner tips which would scrape the inside the of larger holes and eat away at the lugs?
    Just use thicker tipped spring bars if you feel that thinner tips will cause any damage.

You will have to experiment with different spring bars to get the correct fit or just use the fat bars with straps that take a fat spring bar fitting.
    Last edited by j111dja; 4th February 2023 at 12:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    So if most people think so I must change my mind?
    Missing pins and collars are the fault of the people you buy from, not the bracelet.
    Missing pins and collars are the fault of the previous owners. They obviously had problems dealing with pins and collars.

Personally, I don't like, nor have ever liked pins and collars. That's my opinion. It certainly doesn't have to be your opinion. You can make your own choices as you have done. I never said nor insinuated that you have to change your mind.

Reading feedback over 20 years here, most people prefer screw pin bracelets. That's their choice. It doesn't have to be your choice.

I do hate bracelets so much so that I never wear a watch on a bracelet. That doesn't mean that you have to hate them too.

Missing pins and collars are the fault of the previous owners. They obviously had problems dealing with pins and collars.

Personally, I don't like, nor have ever liked pins and collars. That's my opinion. It certainly doesn't have to be your opinion. You can make your own choices as you have done. I never said nor insinuated that you have to change your mind.

Reading feedback over 20 years here, most people prefer screw pin bracelets. That's their choice. It doesn't have to be your choice.

I do hate bracelets so much so that I never wear a watch on a bracelet. That doesn't mean that you have to hate them too.
    And I never used the word hate. I also prefer straps to bracelets of any sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    And I never used the word hate. I also prefer straps to bracelets of any sort.
    I used the word hate.

We have something in common after all.
    Last edited by j111dja; 4th February 2023 at 12:36.

I used the word hate.

We have something in common after all.
    Indeed :)

... The Fluororubber BisonStrap is probably the most comfortable, well made strap available, and it looks great too. ...
    Thanks David, I've just now ordered a blue one. I'm hoping it fits the fat springbars - the last blue rubber I bought (for my MM300) from Amazon didn't. That said, nothing will trump the Strapcode bracelet for me.

On pins and collars, now I've sussed them, I've lost the dislike - although think I still prefer screw pins.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Thanks David, I've just now ordered a blue one. I'm hoping it fits the fat springbars - the last blue rubber I bought (for my MM300) from Amazon didn't. That said, nothing will trump the Strapcode bracelet for me.

On pins and collars, now I've sussed them, I've lost the dislike - although think I still prefer screw pins.
    No problem.

I doubt it will fit the fat bars but some boiling water and a bit of washing up liquid (and a sledgehammer) may help. (I did mention that the fat bars wouldn't fit earlier in the thread). :-)

You can use it with the standard quick release spring bars, or upgrade to thicker quick release bars.
    Last edited by j111dja; 4th February 2023 at 18:10.

No problem.

I doubt it will fit the fat bars but some boiling water and a bit of washing up liquid (and a sledgehammer) may help. (I did mention that the fat bars wouldn't fit earlier in the thread).

You can use it with the standard quick release spring bars, or upgrade to thicker quick release bars.
    No problem, Amazon returns and CS are the best. I might even invest in thicker QRSBs with the proper ends. The Seiko rubber I have atm is ridiculously rigid.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    No problem, Amazon returns and CS are the best. I might even invest in thicker QRSBs with the proper ends. The Seiko rubber I have atm is ridiculously rigid.
    The Seiko rubber straps are not pliable enough.

You'll love this strap. Try it as it is, checking the spring bar position between the lugs. The QRSB's usually stay in place because of the lever fixing it in place within the strap ends.

Thanks David. (o;

Seiko MM300 Final delivery

I spent far too long looking for a replacement for my stiff stock rubber - Iso, Tropic, Crafter etc, I tried them all in vain after losing the TiNi gold buckle pin for the stock.

I prefer OEM and can’t think of a better fit or feel for my 012 than the SLA055/57. So supple, soft and fitting to MM300 predecessors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sepsonto; 7th February 2023 at 16:32.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sepsonto View Post
    I spent far too long looking for a replacement for my stiff stock rubber - Iso, Tropic, Crafter etc, I tried them all in vain after losing the TiNi gold buckle pin for the stock.

I prefer OEM and can’t think of a better fit or feel for my 012 than the SLA055/57. So supple, soft and fitting to MM300 predecessors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Now this I really like :).

Like you, I also prefer OEM rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy13 View Post
    Now this I really like :).

Like you, I also prefer OEM rubber.
    The uncle Seiko chocolate bar strap is not a bad alternative for an identical look