timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1240

Thread: New releases - random chat

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    That is a mighty fine compressor indeed! Looks slim as well!
    Super looking watch, and not plagued with a badly-placed date window, which Longines seem to do all too often.

I see they want £3,000 for it. Longines pricing got a bit tasty while I wasn't paying attention.
    Last edited by Fullbreakfast; 12th January 2024 at 19:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullbreakfast View Post
    ^ Bleedin orrible, that is.

If I was a billionaire, I'd buy as many of them as possible just to enjoy the thrill of smashing them all with a lumphammer

New releases from Schofield. New case design, 40mm, GMT. I quite like them.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Hamilton have released a new pilot watch in 42mm and 36mm

Last edited by Ric356II; 18th January 2024 at 10:34.

Liking the 36mm black dial Hamilton, will wait until it is cheaper on a strap and discounted!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post

I like that a lot!

Yep, like those

New releases - random chat

I like they are doing a smaller watch but that GMT complication is pointlessly annoying. Design over function comes to mind and not in a good way!

Plus what he wants to charge for these is ridiculous, not even any attempt at any value for money at all!

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

I love it too! Really tempted!

But as above, with a seiko NH34a and charging just over 2k… just way off don’t think I can justify it

Journeyman
    The Ingenieur style bracelet on that Zenith is a winner all day.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric356II View Post
    Hamilton have released a new pilot watch in 42mm and 36mm
    A pilot style watch at 36mm is an intriguing idea - can’t think of any others at that size? - and I think it looks nicer than the 42mm with day / date, particularly in black.

The other interesting part of the design is that the empty tip of the hour hand will frame the hour numeral. Don’t recall seeing that elsewhere.

Hamilton are certainly coming out with some decent stuff recently.

A pilot style watch at 36mm is an intriguing idea - can’t think of any others at that size? - and I think it looks nicer than the 42mm with day / date, particularly in black.

The other interesting part of the design is that the empty tip of the hour hand will frame the hour numeral. Don’t recall seeing that elsewhere.

Hamilton are certainly coming out with some decent stuff recently.
    Stowa and IWC have 36mm pilots in their line up

Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post
    I love it too! Really tempted!

But as above, with a seiko NH34a and charging just over 2k… just way off don’t think I can justify it
    Such a shame this. I've always really liked the Schofield designs but they've just been too big and tall for me. I was really looking forward to the smaller watch and I think it looks great. However, the GMT function seems unnecessary, especially given that it isn't reflected in the dial design. A 22mm non-tapering strap is going to look chunky on a 40mm watch too. And the price is double where it should be. £1500 would have been strong but more realistic and a grand about right. Especially when you consider the recent Studio Underdog field watches at £800 or so with arguably better / more expensive to buy movements.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Stowa and IWC have 36mm pilots in their line up
    Thanks, I’ll have a look at those.

Master
    Blog Entries
    New Cocktail Time (limited to 9,000), "Purple Sunset":

I know I shouldn't, but I do like it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    New Underd0g:

Fun!

The story:

"On the 1st of April 2023, Richard and Andrew (of Time+Tide) announced the introduction of a pizza themed watch via a cheesy video campaign. Surely everyone would see through this thinly veiled April Fools prank?

Since then, every time we attended a fair, went to a meet-up, or hosted an event, we'd be asked “where’s the pizza watch?”. For some inexplicable reason, this monstrosity was desired by enthusiasts!

The question has now been answered, and we've even got one more surprise for you. After-all, who doesn't love pineapple on a pizza?!

This duo will not be made available via our standard online drop model. They can only be obtained from Richard Benc or Andrew McUtchen in person (ie: HAND-DELIVERED).

We hope this will encourage fans of the brand to attend local watch-meets, fairs and events and engage with the watchfam community (especially those who may not have attended before). Details of our event schedule are outlined below."

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    Such a shame this. I've always really liked the Schofield designs but they've just been too big and tall for me. I was really looking forward to the smaller watch and I think it looks great. However, the GMT function seems unnecessary, especially given that it isn't reflected in the dial design. A 22mm non-tapering strap is going to look chunky on a 40mm watch too. And the price is double where it should be. £1500 would have been strong but more realistic and a grand about right. Especially when you consider the recent Studio Underdog field watches at £800 or so with arguably better / more expensive to buy movements.
    Yeah it’s a shame and he no doubt won’t be doing discounts

I like the look of the new PVD version of the Baltic Hermetique. Released next week by Time & Tide.

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    ^ I normally dislike black-coated watches, but there’s something almost witty about making this dressy retro item all tactical.

I haven’t seen any pictures yet but been informed of a new Seiko model due for release soon that is similar to the SPB143 but it’s going to be a 39mm with 3 dial colour options.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Like the Brown too but I've become a sucker for off white, cream dials...Plus I've had several happy years experience living with one of their earlier models, the HMS 001 cream dial, lovely domed plexi crystal...a watch whose only minor flaws to my eyes was it's 50 m WR and lack of lume...mind you I managed to pick that one up for only about 200 gbp so zero complaints, still love it's design, stepped bezel and blued hands and it continues to run nicely despite a very modest movement...In fact it's a watch I've commented to my missus that if it had come with a screw down crown/ lume I'd not need another! It's as if the clever chaps at Baltic have heard me!
    So in a nutshell one of these bad boys will be mine next year. Then I'm done, as it fits 'my tastes/brief/requirements perfectly, super svelte so easy wearing and for me far less likely to whack a door frame etc, plus ample WR for pool/beach life and those funky applied 3D lume bloc numerals I think are awesome.

review of the HMS 001 should anyone be interested,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjcSGGq27l4
    I don't know if you saw it, but Jody just did a review of the Hermétique and raised a couple of points that would give me pause in buying one:

- lume starts out very strong but fades to nothing with disappointing speed

- the flush crown makes it v hard / impossible to manually wind (if you pull it out far enough to get a grip on it, you're in the setting position with hacked movement).

The latter especially I find off-putting, and it seems like a bad piece of design. I'd assumed they'd have set it up so you could pull it out far enough to get a purchase and still be able to actually wind it, but apparently not.

I don't know if you saw it, but Jody just did a review of the Hermétique and raised a couple of points that would give me pause in buying one:

- lume starts out very strong but fades to nothing with disappointing speed

- the flush crown makes it v hard / impossible to manually wind (if you pull it out far enough to get a grip on it, you're in the setting position with hacked movement).

The latter especially I find off-putting, and it seems like a bad piece of design. I'd assumed they'd have set it up so you could pull it out far enough to get a purchase and still be able to actually wind it, but apparently not.
    Will have to look up that review, many thanks, not pulled the trigger yet…weird watched several other reviews and they seem unequivocal on the strength of the lume. re the crown, though I obvs have not experienced it, I reckon the unspoilt silhouette of the case might well offset any slight winding travails, plus I’m blessed with finger talons instead of nails, when the wife’s necklaces get taffled up I’m her ‘lucky’ go to guy,…Vit D excess plausibly.
    Sent Baltic an enquiry on the lume question fwiw.
    Last edited by Passenger; 23rd January 2024 at 12:28.

Couple of new Grand Seikos. The white GMT is a Thai Market release of 65 pieces and you have to be invited by GS to buy it and be a Thai GSG member.

One automatic protester GMT (various colours available).

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post

Nice.

More on Citizen's new GMT Automatics.

https://www.watchpro.com/citizen-int...romaster-line/

The Christopher Ward Twelve 36mm is now available in titanium with the thinner case. The 40mm titanium model now comes with a green gradient dial.

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    I like the idea of a "protester"! Looks good - I think that looks like a great watch. Proper traveller GMT, too.

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    Bulova Lunar Pilot Meteorite.
    Ltd 5000 units, Titanium case £1,140
    SOLD OUT already :(

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Will have to look up that review, many thanks, not pulled the trigger yet…weird watched several other reviews and they seem unequivocal on the strength of the lume. re the crown, though I obvs have not experienced it, I reckon the unspoilt silhouette of the case might well offset any slight winding travails, plus I’m blessed with finger talons instead of nails, when the wife’s necklaces get taffled up I’m her ‘lucky’ go to guy,…Vit D excess plausibly.
    Sent Baltic an enquiry on the lume question fwiw.
    Would be interested to hear their lume comments if you want to share any reply.

They paid Jody for that review, and though it was overall pretty positive I wonder how pleased they will be with the outcome, I’m probably not the only one who’d now think twice about getting one. He does seem an honest bloke, at least.

The flush crown definitely does give it a very distinctive look, and one that I like. Depends how happy you are with doing the Seiko shuffle!

Master

Rather tempting, minimal, classic and contemporary at the same time. The gold indices make it just interesting enough.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/nomo...tik-new-black/

Would be interested to hear their lume comments if you want to share any reply.

They paid Jody for that review, and though it was overall pretty positive I wonder how pleased they will be with the outcome, I’m probably not the only one who’d now think twice about getting one. He does seem an honest bloke, at least.

The flush crown definitely does give it a very distinctive look, and one that I like. Depends how happy you are with doing the Seiko shuffle!
    They kindly replied after an hour or so confirming they use BGW9 superluminova and that longevity of luminosity depends on time of exposure to light. And and the HT has a more saturated cream dial colour than the earlier HMS model I own and enjoy very much.
    Last edited by Passenger; 25th January 2024 at 14:59.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wigdog View Post
    Ding dong!!!

Liked this until I saw the price...

£6k?

I think I should stop looking at new watches...

Craftsman
    New Underd0g:

Fun!

The story:

"On the 1st of April 2023, Richard and Andrew (of Time+Tide) announced the introduction of a pizza themed watch via a cheesy video campaign. Surely everyone would see through this thinly veiled April Fools prank?

Since then, every time we attended a fair, went to a meet-up, or hosted an event, we'd be asked “where’s the pizza watch?”. For some inexplicable reason, this monstrosity was desired by enthusiasts!

The question has now been answered, and we've even got one more surprise for you. After-all, who doesn't love pineapple on a pizza?!

This duo will not be made available via our standard online drop model. They can only be obtained from Richard Benc or Andrew McUtchen in person (ie: HAND-DELIVERED).

We hope this will encourage fans of the brand to attend local watch-meets, fairs and events and engage with the watchfam community (especially those who may not have attended before). Details of our event schedule are outlined below."
    I want one but I'm not willing to travel for it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think these new triple date moonphase models are flippin' gorgeous

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wigdog View Post
    Beautiful. Shame I can't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    There's something not quite right about the day/month apertures on the white dial but the others, particularly the green, look great.

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    They are nice, and (for once!) some real thought has gone into the design details - e.g. the hands have black and white insets which make them visible on the light parts of the dial, and on the dark. So often 'panda' dials have sections where the hands all-but disappear, but not so these.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    They are nice, and (for once!) some real thought has gone into the design details - e.g. the hands have black and white insets which make them visible on the light parts of the dial, and on the dark. So often 'panda' dials have sections where the hands all-but disappear, but not so these.
    Completely agree, the normal hands on the Chronomaster are hard to read at my age

Master

Wow, GS are finally offering a Snowflake dial with a 9F movement. The bad news is that it’s a whopping £3700. I’m a huge fan of the 9F and own two (plus one I’m getting round to selling). But its relative affordability has always been part of its appeal. That price for what is essentially the standard 37mm model with a nicer dial frankly feels like jumping the shark. Ok, it's titanium, but titanium isn't platinum. Nice though, I must admit!

https://www.grandseikoboutique.co.uk...flake-sbgx355/

https://www.fratellowatches.com/intr...-sbgx355/#gref

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Itsguy; 2nd February 2024 at 16:25.

Oo love that from GS. As you say, the price is a shame, knock £1k off (and ideally erase the date) and you’re closing in on perfection. For £3.7k we want a decent clasp Mr Seiko!

Journeyman
    The new Grand Seikos are just too expensive for my price range for mechanical and too expensive for what id want to spend on a quartz.
    I can't quite find the sweet spot for them.

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Zelos Eagle 2 Ti

These are dropping in a few days:
    https://zeloswatches.com/collections/eagle

I think they are very pretty.
    Last edited by abraxas; 3rd February 2024 at 19:43.
    THIN is the new BLACK

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post

Zelos Eagle 2 Ti

The case with its lugs look super cool, but those dials …

Master
    Two more GS limited editions - to celebrate 20 years of the 9R Spring Drive movement.

That’s a Snowflake put through the hot wash with some red pants

New Pink Snowflake...

https://www.grandseikoboutique.co.uk...eid=83fa62237e

"The colour of the design is inspired by the rosy winter morning glow of sunrise over the Hotaka mountain peaks..."

I'm holding out for the Yellow Snow LE, that really would be taking the piss.
    Last edited by Rocket Man; 5th February 2024 at 19:50.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post

Zelos Eagle 2 Ti

I think you and I have a different take on “pretty”.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Two more GS limited editions - to celebrate 20 years of the 9R Spring Drive movement.

That’s a Snowflake put through the hot wash with some red pants
    I don't understand why they so often use a gold applied 'GS'. With the subtle colours of most of their dials a silver 'GS' would look much better. Same for the power reserve hand. Or maybe I'm just boring.