closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor GMT date issue (out of warranty)

Master

Tudor GMT date issue (out of warranty)

So, mine is a 2018 watch that has developed the known fault with the date change. As an early watch it is out of warranty.

Has anyone else had Tudor accept a repair outside warranty? It is a known fault after all.

Happy to receive a PM if you'd rather not respond publicly.

Thanks

Huw

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

I would contact Rolex/Tudor by phone and explain the known fault has occurred on your watch, and if they are considering goodwill repairs for this issue.

If the above didn’t work to your satisfaction, I’d then try the same approach through an AD.
    It's just a matter of time...

I saw on a thread a year or two ago that Tudor did it as goodwill but it may be worth reading the link below if you bought it new from an AD

Customers have up to 6 years to make a claim for an item they’ve bought from you (5 years in Scotland).
    https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds

Master
    Thanks for these responses already.

I have had the watch from new. I have been a reasonably customer at the AD over many years.

Master
    Short update.

Couldn't fund any contact details for Tudor outside of Switzerland.

Spoke to the AS earlier. They at least acknowledged the existence of the date change issue. I will be taking the watch in on Sat, with the warranty card (which I think is needed anyway even when outside the warranty period) and they will send back to Tudor. Sounded like they would defer to them in the first instance, which I guess is expected...

Will update in due course.

Blog Entries
    This may help - of course you are covered by the consumer credit act (or whatever it’s called) as well - mentioned before claim within 6 years

Tudor/Rolex are serviced by Rolex service centres - details of one below including phone and email:

as regards Tudor warranty:

DOES MY TUDOR WATCH COME WITH A WARRANTY?
    Yes, EVERY TUDOR watch purchased after 1st January 2020 will now come with a newly extended 5-year warranty. This warranty does not cover any damage or deterioration caused by accidental damage or inappropriate use of the watch. The TUDOR warranty is voided if any intervention is made by a non-TUDOR-authorised third party.

TUDOR watches purchased from 1st July 2018 to 17th December 2019 will receive an 18-month guarantee extension from 2 years to 3 ˝ years.

And TUDOR watches purchased before 1st July 2018 will retain the 2 year guarantee.

*ROLEX SERVICE CENTRE KINGS HILL‬
    1 Jubilee Way
    Kings Hill
    West Malling
    ME19 4NR
    United Kingdom

To make an enquiry, please call us +441732 752400 or email customer.services@rolex.co.uk. Service watches should be presented in person to an Official Rolex Retailer, or at one of our UK service centres in London or Kings Hill

Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 12th January 2023 at 19:01.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    This may help - of course you are covered by the consumer credit act (or whatever it’s called) as well - mentioned before claim within 6 years

Tudor/Rolex are serviced by Rolex service centres - details of one below including phone and email:

as regards Tudor warranty:

DOES MY TUDOR WATCH COME WITH A WARRANTY?
    Yes, EVERY TUDOR watch purchased after 1st January 2020 will now come with a newly extended 5-year warranty. This warranty does not cover any damage or deterioration caused by accidental damage or inappropriate use of the watch. The TUDOR warranty is voided if any intervention is made by a non-TUDOR-authorised third party.

TUDOR watches purchased from 1st July 2018 to 17th December 2019 will receive an 18-month guarantee extension from 2 years to 3 ˝ years.

And TUDOR watches purchased before 1st July 2018 will retain the 2 year guarantee.

*ROLEX SERVICE CENTRE KINGS HILL‬
    1 Jubilee Way
    Kings Hill
    West Malling
    ME19 4NR
    United Kingdom

To make an enquiry, please call us +441732 752400 or email customer.services@rolex.co.uk. Service watches should be presented in person to an Official Rolex Retailer, or at one of our UK service centres in London or Kings Hill

Thanks Martyn, appreciate you taking the time to put that together.

Mine being one of the first GMT 's was bought in June so sits in that small number that technically has only the 2 year warranty.

Still, I am cautiously optimistic...

I will ring that number tomorrow before taking the watch into the retailer on Sat. I live in the sticks so would be relying on them to return the watch. But if I can make progress with Rolex/Tudor in advance then all to the good.

Huw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    Thanks Martyn, appreciate you taking the time to put that together.

Mine being one of the first GMT 's was bought in June so sits in that small number that technically has only the 2 year warranty.

Still, I am cautiously optimistic...

I will ring that number tomorrow before taking the watch into the retailer on Sat. I live in the sticks so would be relying on them to return the watch. But if I can make progress with Rolex/Tudor in advance then all to the good.

Huw

If you have a moment this is worth a read through -

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...t-aTTEK2g0YuEy

I understood that Tudor had extended the warranty on all GMTs to cover this issue.
    This is what my AD here in Haarlem when I took mine in last Winter (2021) when it was out of it’s 2 year warranty. Sent away to RSC and returned 6 weeks later with a new movement, and no charge.

Master
    Dropped the watch off this morning so we'll see.

Whilst there I asked about the supply of Tudor. They mentioned that they had only received 3 Pelagos of any reference for the whole of last year. Very little available across the sports watch range.

SydR
    Dropped the watch off this morning so we'll see.

Whilst there I asked about the supply of Tudor. They mentioned that they had only received 3 Pelagos of any reference for the whole of last year. Very little available across the sports watch range.

Good luck, I hope it gets resolved for you at no cost.

When I was in my local AD, about 10 days ago, buying my GMT they had loads of Tudor in stock, including the Pelagos. I guess it varies across the country.

Master
    A quick update.

Dealer rang today. Movement has been "corrected" whatever that means... No cost to me, which is good. Will collect on Saturday.

Master
    A quick update.

Dealer rang today. Movement has been "corrected" whatever that means... No cost to me, which is good. Will collect on Saturday.

Good news. They do seem to have rectified the issues. No one with the updated movement seems to have a repeat of the issue.

Did Tudor update the movement for new watches to resolve these issues? Does anyone know when that was. Looking to purchase a GMT, and would prefer to purchase one not at risk of developing this fault.

Joe

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by josep View Post
    Did Tudor update the movement for new watches to resolve these issues? Does anyone know when that was. Looking to purchase a GMT, and would prefer to purchase one not at risk of developing this fault.

Joe
    They did but there is no way to tell. They did it under the cover of darkness. I’d say any watch manufactured from 2020 should have the revised movement.

Blog Entries
    Rumour has it that when any in-house Tudor goes in for service they swap the movement out for a reconditioned one rather than clean and replace the old one. (Then the old one is reconditioned and reused separately).

This may be apocryphal though evidence is posted here - https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...=705537&page=2
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 16th February 2023 at 22:47.