closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PSA Accutron Spaceview 2020

PSA Accutron Spaceview 2020

With the EXTRA10 code it can be had for under £1900 down from £3k RRP

https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/produc...xoC-O4QAvD_BwE
    Last edited by ryanb741; 9th January 2023 at 01:49.

I have been waiting to read the forums comments on this one as I was a fan of the Bulova original back when the earth was flat.
    Does anyone have any experiances of this new piece?
    Thanks to Ryan for the shout.

I was so keen on these when they were being promoted, but then they were released at that price, and 45mm. Even with the discount it's too much for a punt from me! That being said, they do look extremely cool.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    I was so keen on these when they were being promoted, but then they were released at that price, and 45mm. Even with the discount it's too much for a punt from me! That being said, they do look extremely cool.
    This.

If they made them 37mm, like some of the originals and could be picked up at less than 2k, I’d be fairly keen!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    With the EXTRA10 code it can be had for under £1900 down from £3k RRP

https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/produc...xoC-O4QAvD_BwE
    Half that and I am in. That is all it is worth. It's only an autoquartz with a nifty seconds indicator. Remember Jean d’Eve Samara?

https://grail-watch.com/2020/04/03/j...omatic-quartz/
    THIN is the new BLACK

I ordered one when they were announced, had a LOOOONG wait and when it arrived was very disappointed in the quality and functionality - sent it back the next day - a case IMO of technology looking for an application and not very well executed at the price - the original accutrons were much better.
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by huytonman View Post
    I ordered one when they were announced, had a LOOOONG wait and when it arrived was very disappointed in the quality and functionality - sent it back the next day - a case IMO of technology looking for an application and not very well executed at the price - the original accutrons were much better.
    Keith
    Thanks to all for your views on this.
    I will pass on this given Keith's encounter with the beast.

After seeing lots of pics at time of launch, i saw one just before Xmas in a shop window. It looks underwhelming in real life. And the fact it is displayed with counterparts costing a couple of hundred upwards, kind of kills the high price. As others have said and rrp closer to 1000 would make it more tolerable

Master
    A cool watch, and I thought it was excellent when I read the preview and reviews. Now I'm not so sure. There's a lot of very nice stuff out there for £2k, moreso for £3k. I'd much rather spend that on a Sinn or Damasko, despite the amazing technology and transparency. 45mm is just too big too. I don't know why Bulova make so many massive pieces.

It's the size and the chunkiness that made me think twice. On top of that they've come up with a movement that is a solution to a problem that never really existed and is absolutely not even close to the movements in the original Accutrons. As a conversation piece great but even at £2k I'd be looking at watches from Sinn, ZRC, quartz Grand Seiko etc first.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    It's the size and the chunkiness that made me think twice. On top of that they've come up with a movement that is a solution to a problem that never really existed and is absolutely not even close to the movements in the original Accutrons. As a conversation piece great but even at £2k I'd be looking at watches from Sinn, ZRC, quartz Grand Seiko etc first.
    I completely agree and if you want something that looks like an original Accutron, why not buy an original. They are a little dainty but if reconditioned and serviced, still very reliable at +1 or +2 secs per day.
    I'd rather have something like this 1964 35.5mm Spaceview

Or my other from 1971 with a mahoosive 38mm case.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    This.

If they made them 37mm, like some of the originals and could be picked up at less than 2k, I’d be fairly keen!
    It looks like the Jura link is incorrect in this one's dimensions - the Accutron 2020 is 43.5 rather than 45m, it's the Accutron DNA which is the 45mm one. Still too large, but ever so slightly less so!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDSSD View Post
    With today's tech I am sure they can update "the tuning fork movement", eliminating all the bad bits and improving on the rest. Probably with a charging rotor and all that. Much simpler than what they have done with those spinners that don't actually do anything.
    THIN is the new BLACK

I have an Accutron, a Deep Sea 666, but the one with its guts showing has always smacked of Dan Dare, 50s space gimmickry.

I never wanted an original one and I certainly wouldn't want to pay that much for the reissue.

M

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?