closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Watch Intentions 2023

Well, after my self-imposed two-year hiatus from buying I will be "allowed" to get in the game again from mid-Feb.

What's been interesting in that time is that I have both learned far better to appreciate what I have and my tastes have changed somewhat.

I have re-fallen in love with most of my watches over the last 22 months so selling-to-buy becomes far more of a wrench. I'd like to think that, coupled with the cost of living, may help me go far longer without buying. While we're lucky enough not to be poverty-stricken, like many on here, I suspect, we are being much more careful with outgoings. That means if I'm going to spend it'll have to be special rather than a "seems nice, let's give it a go" as I've done in the past.

I see that as a real positive. A maturing of my WISness, so to speak.

I could list 50 watches I'd love but realistically I don't see much change in my collection in 2023.

We shall see if my head can continue to rule my heart.

Watch Intentions 2023

Have been umming and ahhhing over a Glashutte SeaQ 39mm with green dial for ages now.

I think it isn’t really for me, but keep going back to considering it - but if honest it is because what I really want is a mid to high-end 40mm diver but preferably not a Rolex.
    (I would have a SD4000 - possibly my One watch, but I missed out on a few back when they were £8k ish and I don’t see them worth current prices.)

My intention is 1 mechanical daily wearer, 1 HEQ daily, and 1 dress watch (which I already have)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    I have re-fallen in love with most of my watches over the last 22 months...
    That's interesting - the implication being that might not have happened had you been free to add new watches? Or do you think that would have happened anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    That's interesting - the implication being that might not have happened had you been free to add new watches? Or do you think that would have happened anyway?
    I absolutely think it's as a result of my hiatus in buying.

In order to have variety I couldn't look to something new, only to my collection. It meant I wore watches I've not worn in a long time more often. I changed straps more often. Even just having them serviced and getting them back as good as new helped.

It's helped me reconnect with them and remember why I liked them. The rotation is now broader, rather than the same few that always used to get wear.

I'm convinced had I bought more watches those I wore less frequently in the years before my hiatus would have been pushed further down the pecking order and sat gathering dust in their respective hiding places which is such a shame. Now they are enjoyed once more which is what they deserve as they're all great watches which were bought for a reason.

Master
    I need to reduce the collection as a starting point which I'll do over the next few months. I have a few watches that are similar and I really need to work out which ones I keep and which ones make way.

The one watch I really want is the Glashutte Senator reference 3944041204. Moonphase with reserve indicator and I believe this version long since discontinued. It may take some time to find the right one.

Apprentice
    Having recently bought the Bvlgari Octo Finissimo in Ti everything else now looks and feels like a big clunking kettle on my wrist.

It’s going to be my daily wearer.

I’m going to keep my GMT II (black ceramic bezel) and also my Omega Seamaster GMT (50th anniversary version), which is a watch that’s so perfect I will never sell.

Everything else will be going. Taking my collection down from 30(?) to just three.

I did not expect this to happen!

Grand Master
    My love of vintage Seiko has been reignited and so my thoughts are to maybe let my a Rolex Sub go for a collection of Seikos.....

Master
    Waiting on a Garrick S4 which may turn up springtime. Name down for a black Explorer but dunno if I’ll still fancy it should it ever turn up.

Master
    Blog Entries
    If you'd asked me last year I wouldn't have matched my intent to what I actually bought and sold so who knows, but I'm going to get the call for an explorer 36 or a green op36.

I have got no intentions (currently) to buy any watch.
    My last purchase was on Christmas Eve and it suits my lifestyle very nicely.

Same as second half of 2022 - looking out for an everyday wear, supremely legible chronograph. Probably with a 90's Lemania movement with the central chrono minute hand, Either a Sinn or a Fortis but needs to be under 40mm for my wrist size.

Craftsman
    Well I'm thinking that out goes my BB58, white dial Seamaster, Sinn 556 & Seiko SARB, with the naive hope of adding a ND Sub, blue dial fluted bezel DJ41 & this summery little guy from Fears: https://www.fearswatches.com/en-us/p...unswick40-pink

Tried it on at a recent Redbar meetup & weirdly couldn't put it down.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

I’d like a Longines spirit 37 in champagne, maybe a white dialled speedie reduced. Maybe.

The spb207 I wore at Christmas is already on the chopping block, as soon as I can get round to taking some pictures. If I make a move on a speedie, I’ll have to sell my Carrera calibre 17.

Out will go some cheap bought on a whim items such as Seagull and Orient and in will come a Pelagos 39 this month and the Seiko Willard with blue bezel. I’d like to add something from JLC; Later in the year if a Tokyo Seamaster 300 comes up and perhaps the Seiko Arita with porcelain dial. Missed both on SC this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 watches at present which is 4 more than I need. Nothing planned to buy for 2023, but neither am I interested in selling.

Craftsman
    No real plans for 2023.
    If a blue Sinn 104 cropped up at handy money I could be tempted.

Journeyman
    Currently renovating a house so plans are on hold but if I can sneak a U50 past the Mrs then probably that

Master
    I find myself content with what I have ATM, if not a little jaded by it all. In Panerai I tried the new white dial 44mm submersible, and the white dial 44mm chrono, and whilst ok I wasn't inspired to part with £8k for either. In fact I much prefer my current 243/213 combo to cover those bases. In Rolex I was offered a couple of different skydweller models at the tail of last year, two colour/black dial on jubilee, which just didn't float my boat, and everose on bracelet/white dial, which was fantastic, but I couldn't wear £40k+ on my wrist in comfort, so each was declined politely. So all of the above are now off the menu for me.
    Looking towards 2023, I could only be tempted by a BLNR on jubilee, a 136660 JC, or possibly a polar explorer 2. Panerai wise, nothing in the current line up attracts me. Being mostly a diver watch guy I would love to get hold of a nice older bettarini cased sub; 87, 64, or even an A/B series 24. Anyone able to point me in that direction would be great.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Just one pre-owned Panerai added in the last few years as I have sat on my hands watching prices increase to insane levels (IMO). I have noted with interest the recent decline in prices of five digit post 2000 watches. If this trend continues then I would hope to pick-up a nice unmolested Explorer 1 and possibly a GMT11. An example of a 1675/16750/16753 would also be a welcome addition and perhaps a good condition 16220 (although they are difficult to find).......but if I add nothing then I will be Ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by stevet1 View Post
    Same as second half of 2022 - looking out for an everyday wear, supremely legible chronograph. Probably with a 90's Lemania movement with the central chrono minute hand, Either a Sinn or a Fortis but needs to be under 40mm for my wrist size.
    This came up on an Ebay saved search this morning.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/234841641662...dia=COPY<br />
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Linocut View Post
    Out will go some cheap bought on a whim items such as Seagull and Orient and in will come a Pelagos 39 this month and the Seiko Willard with blue bezel. I’d like to add something from JLC; Later in the year if a Tokyo Seamaster 300 comes up and perhaps the Seiko Arita with porcelain dial. Missed both on SC this year.

Just wondered how everybody’s plans were working out…I did get the Pelagos but sold it on and Sod’s Law had me buying a different Seamaster a matter of weeks before one pops up.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Linocut View Post
    Just wondered how everybody’s plans were working out…I did get the Pelagos but sold it on and Sod’s Law had me buying a different Seamaster a matter of weeks before one pops up.

Well my Jan 1st post came true in came a Blue Sinn 104 and I moved on a Scurfa Diver1 as I didn't want to increase the count.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by peterdo View Post
    I’m patiently waiting for a Vacheron Overseas Ultra-thin perpetual calendar, full gold blue dial…

If that doesn’t arrive, a 1921 American in white gold would be next on the list

It arrived!

It arrived!

Well.....i don't think 'stunning' quite does it but anyway. Stunning

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    I’m going to rationalise a bit. I think it’s likely a DateJust 36 will arrive in 2023. I’ve earmarked 3 mid-price watches for a cull, in pursuit of a simpler WIS life, they are currently separate from the main watches to see if I miss them.

With the arrival of the Dornblüth this week, I think I’m largely out, other than the DateJust referred to, and the GMT I’ve been waiting for forever.

Close to an end-point, and that feels good.

Dave

Well I culled two of those I earmarked, although kept the Nomos. Unexpectedly I went Panerai mad and bought two, so numbers are still the same

D

My intentions have been surprisingly accurate. In came the blue BB58 and out went the gilt 58. As I expected, a new release took my fancy so that was acquired although in hindsight I wish I had perhaps exhibited a little more restraint. Have sold a couple though so a tick for consolidation.

Didn’t want to add any cheapies but browsing EBay I came across a watch I’d sold on the forum some time ago. Probably a daft purchase given I moved it on before but eh oh.

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=peterdo;6201980]It arrived!

Oh my god

Bravo.

It arrived!

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
    I mentioned in that other thread from 2020 that I was on the list for a two tone GMT. I’m still patiently waiting, so if that arrives next year I’ll be happy.

I suspect they’ve forgotten all about me though.
    I’m still waiting for a two tone GMT. It must be nearly four years since I enquired.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Although there is much to be spent on house wise I imagine I'll be ok to buy another watch in 2023 and this is likely to be a Black Bay 58 Blue. I sold mine as part of the cull but I've missed it ever since.

I'm on the list for a no date sub and an OP41 Bright Blue. If either comes through in 2023 I'll make it happen.
    The BB58 Blue happened in January but amazingly felt too small so it immediately got sent back to the C24 dealer (there was also some undisclosed damage to the bezel edge).

I changed my waiting list preferences when I verified my account at the AD recently. I'm now on the lists for OP41 in green, Starbucks Submariner and Pepsi GMT on jubilee. AD seemed quite confident the OP41 green may happen soon but I imagine the others are a good few years away which is handy cos it'll allow my to save for them.

Recently bought a 42mm Explorer 2. No intentions to buy anything else other than what comes through from the AD.

Journeyman
    It arrived!

One of the nicest watches I’ve seen

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I’m currently waiting delivery of a Tudor BB 925

I’m on the most for a few Rolex, but doubt many will come within the next year:

GMT LHD
    SD
    GV
    Blue SG Sub

Would like a new black dial EXPII, now that they’ve replaced those floating hands, a blue dial YM, and the newer dial Air-King - but…

Other than that. I’m just not sure what I’d want to add. I think I might need to rationalise a lot of the sun-collections, as probably have too many Seiko, Longines, Omega and Tudor.

Well…

Just noticed the thread, and revisited my 2023 intentions…

Pleased that so far I’ve added the following from that list:

GMT LHD
    BB925
    Explorer II Black (non-floating hands)

Still no SD - so I might cancel it from my waiting list
    GV model cancelled, so that’s off my list :(
    & no S&G Sub, which has been too long in the waiting

Air-King should be here later in the year

I will also be waiting for the Oyster Perpertual bubble dial, and the new 40mm Explorer.

Might have to see about expressing an interest in the updated Daytona too - but….
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    I also hadn’t intended it, but bought this Omega with the dark green dial and also traded a Breitling Avenger Hurricane for this Hermes H08, which is an awesome watch

I think that’s me done for the rest of the year and thanks for the compliments on the VC!

I tried on the Green dial gold Moonwatch the weekend before last - the only one that was in that chain’s inventory - very nice, but as I’d only just purchased a car I was a little reluctant to hand over the required funds at the time. Great watch, and may well turn out to be a highly sought after future classic :)
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 1st May 2023 at 18:17.
    It's just a matter of time...