closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOTC Dec 2022

Master

SOTC Dec 2022

Hi Folks,

Quick SOTC mainly for posterity as I’m thinking that even though the collection is quite varied, 10 watches is too many at the moment. A consolation is in order I think.

I’m not a photographer so apologies for some terrible pics.

Watches are

2009 Rolex Sub 14060m which I bought brand new from an AD, will never sell
    1969 Speedmaster Professional, will never sell
    1981 Seiko 6309
    1967 Seiko 6619 8060 ( so called MacV SOG )
    1970s Caravelle Sea Hunter
    1968 Seiko Navigator 6117 8009 that came from Guy Jeffrey
    1997 CWC Royal Navy Diver
    1950s Tissot 6884 from JP of this forum
    1980s Breitling Aerospace E56061
    2021 Doxa Sub 300 Professional (GMT is my Bro's)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    nice collection that, the speedy and 6309 are crackers, as is the caravelle.

very nice collection, the caravelle and the one on the brown suede strap next to speedmaster look lovely

Very nice, but a consolation will only make matters worse

Nice collection! That navy nato goes surprisingly well on the Sub. Does the bracelet belong to the 6309? It does look rather narrow.

P.S. Expect a flood of offers for your brother's GMT.

Very nice collection you have there sir, the Seiko Navigator (on what looks like a Forstner bracelet) & the Breitling Aerospace for me.

Master
    A really nice and varied collection.

Love the SOG. which is on my want list.

a lovely collection, the Doxa looks fantastic!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Very nice collection; doesn't need thinning IMHO ...

An excellent collection, I particularly like your original T dialled CWC diver.

You don’t need to thin the collection, at all

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    As others have said, a very satisfying collection - I would leave it intact and enjoy them.

Master
    Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. The collection is deliberately quite varied and I do enjoy all the watches.

The watch next to the Speedy in the main pic is the Seiko Navigator, just on a different strap.

The Navy Nato does suit the Sub, I normally wear the Sub on the bracelet but the NATO is a nice change. The bracelet on the 6309 is just a generic, vintage BOR, im forever changing straps and bracelets ha ha.

My brothers GMT is a nice example, a 16710 I think.

The Navigator is on the original Seiko bracelet in that pic, these bracelets are extremely rare these days.

The 6619 8060 SOG is a great watch, its alledgely the watch that inspired the US Army to issue the 6119 to the SOG guys. I have the NOS NATO for it along with the Waltham wrist compass.

I love the Doxa, very difficult to get a good picture of it, it gets a lot of wrist time.

The CWC is a brilliant watch, purchased from one of our resident Mil watch experts.

Cheers!

Lovely collection of watches.
    14060, Speedy, 6309, Aerospace and CWC RN Diver are all watches I’ve owned myself (still have a Speedmaster) and would again.
    I’ve been thinking about another CWC Diver, really fancy the 1983 reissue.

Master
    Lovely collection. For sure see the hanging on to the 14060M and the Speedie - both classics - but that Seiko 6117 is a lovely looking one too, also the Caravelle. Really varied collection, in look, price and age

Great collection,I didn’t realise the aerospace went back has far as the 80s

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Lovely collection of watches.
    14060, Speedy, 6309, Aerospace and CWC RN Diver are all watches I’ve owned myself (still have a Speedmaster) and would again.
    I’ve been thinking about another CWC Diver, really fancy the 1983 reissue.
    I had the 83 reissue for about a day and immediately wanted an older one. It was a very nice watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    Lovely collection. For sure see the hanging on to the 14060M and the Speedie - both classics - but that Seiko 6117 is a lovely looking one too, also the Caravelle. Really varied collection, in look, price and age
    Thanks, the 6117 is an 8009 so made in the Dani factory rather than Suwa. So my watch has tan/yellow lume rather than the usual greenish lume you see on the 8000s
    Last edited by Slevin Kelevra; 19th December 2022 at 21:17.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Great collection,I didn’t realise the aerospace went back has far as the 80s

Thanks,

The Aerospace was released in 1985. They are quite difficult to age, as far as I know it’s 80s or early 90s.

Craftsman
    Interesting that the design of the Doxa has changed very little over 50+ years. I have an early 70’s 300T Shark Hunter and you can still clearly see the original DNA in the current models.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Highroller1 View Post
    Interesting that the design of the Doxa has changed very little over 50+ years. I have an early 70’s 300T Shark Hunter and you can still clearly see the original DNA in the current models.
    That’s what attracts me to Doxas and also I suppose why most of my watches aren’t new. Doxa get the design spot on if you ask me. The 300T is a great watch, just too thick for my skinny wrists.

That is a great collection.
    But the one that got my attention was the Seiko 6309.
    Now that looks how a tool watch should look after years of use.

Nice collection! Love the Speedy
    I might have to do some digging around on the Caravelle and Navigator as they look lovely too!

just as a point of curiosity, ive noticed on many vintage cwc divers and also original omega sm300s the hand colour doesnt fully match the lume plots- i think it adds to the character, but is there a reason?

Nice collection there covers all bases. 👌🏻

Master
    Cheers Folks.

The 6309 was my second ever Seiko, it’s been in my collection for quite some time. Simple, cheap, good looking fun.

The Caravelle is another cheap watch, the Explorer like dial is what attracted me. The Navigator is in superb nick which is quite rare to find.

@robinsongreen, well spotted. The hands and dial are slightly different if you look closely. You can’t really tell when wearing the watch but it’s obvious in some pictures if the light is just right.

I can only assume that either the dial and hands were made by different factories or I know that lume sometimes ages differently depending on the actual surface area of the lume itself so, as the hands are a smaller surface area, they age differently from the lume plots which could be considered a larger surface area??

Cheers Vince, it does cover a lot of bases which I quite enjoy actually. I went through phases of just having Rolex etc but as much as I love Rolex, a lot of the time watches are too similar to justify having them all.

Very nice collection indeed, none there I'd pass on. Favourite for me is the Speedie. Have a great Xmas!
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Master
    Cheers! I’ve had the Speedmaster for 10 years or so. It came from a well know Omega dealer in NYC when the exchange rate was very favourable for us in the UK.

Have a good one.

@slevin thanks for the answer, yes that makes sense. i think it's a cool effect, adds to the 'one of a kind' vintage vibe.

Master
    Better pic of the current favourites