closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pelagos 39

Pelagos 39

Given that the quest for a sub dropping to ok prices circa 5-6k is out the window I’m looking at alternatives.

The Pelagos 39’seems to fit the bill but my question is when and if does anyone think they will be back in stock? Is it just a case of a few month wait or are we in line for Rolex levels of begging for units to be available 😂

Failing that if anyone wants to sell a sub at 6k I’m game 😂😂

Craftsman
    There’s one at retail on sales corner at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

It is coming through to retailers incredibly slowly.
    I have been number 1 on the wait list at the Bristol Tudor boutique since launch day (they had one that they sold on the day, and one to show).
    Haven't heard a peep since.
    I probably won't take the allocation when it arrives, but it does illustrate how slowly it is being rolled out.

In answer to the original question, it took about 18 months before the BB58 started filtering into AD windows after the initial hype died down. This will probably be the same, like hens teeth initially but a year from now you’ll easily be able to go onto Goldsmiths or Ernest Jones website and have one delivered the next day.

It’s definitely a great Sub alternative, provided it’s a no-date Sub you want and that you don’t mind titanium. If Tudor released this with a date I’d be on it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    It’s definitely a great Sub alternative, provided it’s a no-date Sub you want and that you don’t mind titanium. If Tudor released this with a date I’d be on it myself.
    It looks a great watch. If it was in steel I would be all over it. The no date I prefer. I sold my 42mm pelagos ultimately because I wanted the "heft" of steel.

Master
    I absolutely love mine, I’ve not worn much else since I got it. I always thought that if I could only keep one watch I’d keep my Sub but the Pelagos is pushing it close. Currently have mine on an Erikas strap.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I absolutely love mine, I’ve not worn much else since I got it. I always thought that if I could only keep one watch I’d keep my Sub but the Pelagos is pushing it close. Currently have mine on an Erikas strap.

I have the ETA Pelagos which I have no intention of selling. That said I will probably look to pick up a Pelagos 39 next year.

As to the Submariner, if I could only keep one from a Submariner and BB58 - I would keep the BB58.

Why not ask your local AD? I had a very interesting chat with mine last week, who were quite open about Pelagos timescales.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Why not ask your local AD? I had a very interesting chat with mine last week, who were quite open about Pelagos timescales.
    What did they tell you out of interest?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    There was one in Chisholm Dundee window end of nov.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    There was one in Chisholm Dundee window end of nov.
    And still one at rrp or just under on SC no idea why it’s still there while people are waiting for one

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    And still one at rrp or just under on SC no idea why it’s still there while people are waiting for one
    Maybe they want a brand new unworn one? I did.

So, prompted by this thread, I rang the Tudor boutique in Bristol this afternoon.
    It transpires that having assured me that i was top of their list (on release day for the 39), they have actually sold a few more 39s (about 5) to others ahead of me. I am given to understand that this was because the manager decided those other buyers had better buying history with WOS, and this had become a selection criteria.
    I totally understand this may be the case, but I was never informed if this, nor given the opportunity to do anything about it, pay a deposit, or anything else.
    It really grates thet they'd do this without consultation, and makes me certain that i won't put any business their way.
    It also makes it very clear that even a new brand "boutique" comes with the baggage of a Group mentality about waiting lists, despite their new status.
    I would certainly have been better off with the Fraser Hart AD 30m away, as i have a buying history with them.
    WRT the OP, I think this illustrates that they are a long way from being stock. The MN 22 is similarly unavailable. It seems Tudor wants these to remain a waiting list item for quite a while...

Master
    I have the larger one, hardly worn it and really think the 39 hits the sweet spot size wise for me. Guessing the original just wears slightly too large for my liking.

Pelagos 39

Unfortunately goldsmiths/wos group are pretty terrible to deal with in the beginning but once you are a preferred customer you’ll be able to pick and choose. As long as you keep buying. I was sitting next to an older gentleman in the sales section and was listening in as he was offered a Patek aquanaut travel time …..the conversation as follows was,”you do realise (insert name ) that as one of our valued clients you are being fortunate to be offered a great investment piece”.His reply to the sickly sweet condescending sales patter was brilliant,”I’m not interested as I already own to many from Patek”, Literally the salesman did not know what to say next.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wonder if there will be a flood in the NY with January price hike ?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Wonder if there will be a flood in the NY with January price hike ?

I'll stick my neck out here...............not at all!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    So, prompted by this thread, I rang the Tudor boutique in Bristol this afternoon.
    It transpires that having assured me that i was top of their list (on release day for the 39), they have actually sold a few more 39s (about 5) to others ahead of me. I am given to understand that this was because the manager decided those other buyers had better buying history with WOS, and this had become a selection criteria.
    I totally understand this may be the case, but I was never informed if this, nor given the opportunity to do anything about it, pay a deposit, or anything else.
    It really grates thet they'd do this without consultation, and makes me certain that i won't put any business their way.
    It also makes it very clear that even a new brand "boutique" comes with the baggage of a Group mentality about waiting lists, despite their new status.
    I would certainly have been better off with the Fraser Hart AD 30m away, as i have a buying history with them.
    WRT the OP, I think this illustrates that they are a long way from being stock. The MN 22 is similarly unavailable. It seems Tudor wants these to remain a waiting list item for quite a while...
    That’s pretty dreadful. Nobody can cheapen a luxury experience quite like WoS.

I'm waiting for LHD Pelagos 39 they will undoubtedly release sometime

Master
    Will eventually be in windows like most Tudor.

I did try one early on and to me the bracelet felt quite rattly vs. steel.

Also the dial seems to have a lot of blank space.
    Clasp and size very good.

Nearly perfect but as usual not quite there IMO.

Nice watch but I preferred the ND Sub so bought that instead

Master
    Santa heard me it seems! Got the call to say another customer has rejected the option to buy one and I’m next, would I want it? Yes please.

Store manager confirmed Tudor hiking prices by the 10% as of 1st Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Santa heard me it seems! Got the call to say another customer has rejected the option to buy one and I’m next, would I want it? Yes please.

Store manager confirmed Tudor hiking prices by the 10% as of 1st Jan.
    Congrats, not such a pipe dream after all!!

Unfortunately mine had to go back due to a wonky movement and they did offer to try and get me one next week to replace it but I just got the call for a GP Laureato Green Dial from WOS this afternoon so picking it up tomorrow to scratch the integrated bracelet sports watch itch.

The green Laureato is amazing. I love the updated logo. I think I'll chop in my 124060 for one

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    The green Laureato is amazing. I love the updated logo. I think I'll chop in my 124060 for one
    Will post up some pics and thoughts tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Will post up some pics and thoughts tomorrow.
    Looking forward to it!

Craftsman
    One of these in the window of Beaverbrooks Glasgow Fort.

You never know... I've seen some early ceramic no-date subs going at 7.5k on eBay recently, which is pretty close to retail. Might come down further in 23