closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko. Prospex MM600, MM300 or a used GS diver

Seiko. Prospex MM600, MM300 or a used GS diver

As above there’s a 600 spring drive diver on C24 for £1800, seems cheap.

Various MM300 at around 2k or even £2800 new

And the GS spring drive 2nd hand around 4k

Is there a huge variance in quality, and is that Spring 600 too cheap it seems a great price?

I am no seiko expert but the case sizes and quality and indeed the fact it’s not a ‘usual brand’ interests me greatly

Any advice gratefully recieved….. is the 2k extra worth if for the GS they really aren’t about in the used marketplace….

Seiko. Prospex MM600, MM300 or a used GS diver

I've had a couple of MM300 and via SC I'd say the spend would be around 1.6-1.7k.

I think I paid 1.65k or 1.7k for mine a few months ago which was pristine. There was a very worn one recently for about 1.35k

Can't help on the other fronts, sorry.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 3rd December 2022 at 23:40.

Master
    I'd suggest you should consider the seiko lx range as well.

Was a Sbdb013 assuming this is the one that you mean, not just over £3k to begin with new?. It has an undecorated Grand Seiko 5r65 movement inside.

Sent from my I3312 using Tapatalk

SBDX017 thoughts

I've had the 001 a few times, and now the SBDX017. It has Seiko's DiaShield , ("basically a DLC coating that is normally used by the company on its titanium watches in order to provide scratch-protection and an extra dose of corrosion resistance. ").

In terms of movement it keeps the "8L35 designation, though, it is sans decoration but keeps all the function such as hand winding and hacking. Plus, in the SBDX017, it now has parts made with MEMS technology, which refers to tighter tolerance pieces that should allow for better timekeeping and less wear over time. It’s a true gem of a movement and easily comparable to the best diver movements from anywhere in Europe. With a power reserve of 50 hours, it’s also something that can be put down for a couple days without missing a beat."

I think this review says it all:
    https://www.fratellowatches.com/seik...7-review/#gref

Brand cachet and boasting rights aside (should they matter), this knocks the spots of my pre-ceramic SD. So much so I wear it diving and not the SD; it has that famous lume, looks just as good, isn't a bauble like new SDs and is unlikely to get you mugged for wearing one, especially as most are worn on rubber, if not the waffle then something like an ISOfrane. And a collector is more likely to strike up a conversation about the MM than SD - an SD eyeballing may be more about whether you can be mugged for it!

They are spectacular, hence why so many owners keep buying theirs back, Ignore the complaints about size and weight. On rubber on NATO (Zulu Diver rubber NATO is a great compromise of styles) it's never been an issue, even on a small flat wrist.

I vowed not to sell mine again, it's that good. It would take a grail or an unexpected bill to make me part with it. Fortunately other pieces are funding the incoming grail.

In a nutshell, IMHO, one of the best watches you can buy. Those that know, know. Those that don't, need help!