closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend me an ink pen

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Thanks to this thread I bought a Lamy 2000 fountain pen last night - I hope you’re proud of yourselves.

Cult Pens are doing them for £146 delivered, or £150 with a bottle of ink worth £10 included.

You automatically get 10% off both at checkout too.

There are other discount codes available for another 10% discount on top again.

I have affection for anything Bauhaus inspired, so I’ve been meaning to try this design classic for ages.

Good price for a ‘Made In Germany’ piston filler pen with a solid 14ct gold nib with platinum coating made in-house. The pen bodies are assembled and ground/polished by hand on belts at the factory to ensure even brushing where the steel and macrolon parts meet.
    In my view a modern classic and a steal at that price. I am a little biased however, I have 3 in makrolon plus a stainless steel model.

Craftsman
    Thanks to this thread I bought a Lamy 2000 fountain pen last night - I hope you’re proud of yourselves.

Cult Pens are doing them for £146 delivered, or £150 with a bottle of ink worth £10 included.

I have affection for anything Bauhaus inspired, so I’ve been meaning to try this design classic for ages.

Good price for a ‘Made In Germany’ piston filler pen with a solid 14ct gold nib with platinum coating made in-house. The pen bodies are assembled and ground/polished by hand on belts at the factory to ensure even brushing where the steel and macrolon parts meet.
    Great choice. It's a fabulous pen. Enjoy in good health. It's a great hobby to get into. Here's the equivalent website to TZ-UK: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/

Recommend me an ink pen

Superb choice. I use mine (EF nib) every day as my only pen. Although I’ve tried both a MB 149 and Pelikan M800 which were sensational, the Lamy writes better, performs better and is a so subtle. It is the perfect pen in my opinion.

Oh and I use Quink Blue Black. I love the colour it turns to when dried, and I’ve never had any issues with it.
    Last edited by TheGent; 28th November 2022 at 23:07.

Master
    A Cross Townsend fountain pen - Medium nib. I’ve got a couple of these and they are the smoothest, most consistent fountain pen I own.

If you’re into the specials, I love the Star Wars themed versions, or the Chinese New Year ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    Bu@@er. Back to the drawing board then...

Best modern hooded fountain pen...?

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Possibly one of the Chinese Parker 51 clones.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ernestrome View Post
    Possibly one of the Chinese Parker 51 clones.
    To see how I get on with a hooded nib and tapered grip (and being a tight @rse) I've just ordered a Jinhao 51a with some Diamine ink. The ink cost almost as much as the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    To see how I get on with a hooded nib and tapered grip (and being a tight @rse) I've just ordered a Jinhao 51a with some Diamine ink. The ink cost almost as much as the pen.

Where did you order it from? I have been eyeing up a wingsung 601

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ernestrome View Post
    Where did you order it from? I have been eyeing up a wingsung 601
    Pure Pens. About £16 delivered for the pen and an 80ml glass bottle of the Diamine ink.

And thanks to this thread, another one goes down the Lamy 2000 route - great buy from Cult Pens. Been missing my old Pelikan M805 which I sold last year (but it’s still doing great service with a forum member which makes it easier to bear). Having used the Lamy for a couple of weeks now, blown away by how good it is. I don’t think I’ve ever had a pen with such a balance between stealth (looks like an ordinary plastic pen to your average bystander) and outstanding design elements like the clip, the nib, the way the body integrates the filling mechanism etc. I went with the F nib and it’s great - slightly heavier than you’d expect (had been a medium nib user in Parker’s, Montblanc and Pelikan for years) but great ability to balance detail and width between cross and downstrokes.

Now on the lookout for a stainless one once the finances rebalance post festive season - damn you all :)
    Last edited by MattMM; 17th December 2022 at 12:54.

Master
    Cult Pens it's £129 atm. Going for that pre owned on EBay. Anyone tried the Robert Oster ink?

Master
    I always wondered why anyone would need more than one fountain pen. After all you can only use one at once.

But of course it’s ink! Verv sent me ink samples with the pen, and so now I need more pens so I can choose which ink to use!

I wish I’d never started this thread…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also got a Lamy 2000 after reading this thread! Went with the cult pens deal with some Lamy ink included. Love the pen but didn’t like the ink, I found that it feathered quite a lot, so changed it for some Parker quink and it now writes superbly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Diamine is nice and Pelikan Edelstein

Quote Originally Posted by MattMM View Post
    Now on the lookout for a stainless one once the finances rebalance post festive season - damn you all :)
    Having owned the stainless steel one, I sold it on. Looks great but the standard black one is much better balanced and the stainless steel is too heavy in my opinion.

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned the Parker 75 in the entire thread. The 75th Anniversary piece that Parker threw everything into the mix to produce an all time classic. A bit of history of the 75 here:

https://parkerpens.net/parker75.html

https://parker75.com//Reference/Introduction.htm

My own 75 is a Florence vermeil. I was very fortunate to find it.