closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Famous People You Have Spotted In The Wild

Sat next to Alan Hansen on a BA flight from Glasgow to London. Pleasant enough but wasn't angling for a long chat so left him to his own devices.

Anne Widdicombe at Heathrow baggage claim.

Jeremy Clarkson at London City Airport

Loads of comedians at industry events we attended who were hired as comperes (Jack Whitehall, Michael McIntyre, Katherine Ryan, Henning Wehn). All very nice.

Brian May was mates with the guys who lived across the road from my mum. Such a down to earth guy, absolutely no ego about him at all (he was helping to put the food out!).

Trevor Brooking,l at a football academy

Harry Redknapp lived near my mum and we bumped into him often in the newsagents. Lovely bloke.

Schoolfriend became guitarist for Suede (Richard Oakes)

My dad (RIP) hired Ken Hom as a celebrity chef for an event he ran. Very professional, not one for chitchat.

Dara O Briain had a seat 2 across from me at the Emirates. Nice chap

When we upgraded to an exec box the box next to us was the Arsenal Legends box and regularly saw Nigel Winterburn, Lee Dixon, Kenny Samson etc

Wife's best friend married to Thai Deputy PM.

Bear Grylls we hired for a company motivational speech at previous employer. Decent guy.

Matthew Kelly, Erika Eleniak, Wayne Sleep were guests at my mate's dad's parties when I was young (his dad ran Poole Arts Centre and these people were in the panto and his dad hosted an end of panto season party every year).

If I could meet any of these again I reckon an evening in the pub with Brian May would be hard to top - just a really nice but also alert and knowledgeable bloke who puts everyone at ease.

I had moneypenny in the shop last Friday (Naomie Harris).
    Stunning, you would not believe she is 46.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Over the weekend met James Cosmo in the bar of our hotel.

Met Charles Dance once and he was possibly the most arrogant and rude person I've ever met. Awful person.

Saw James McAvoy in the Covent Garden buying an iPhone a few years back, maybe 2015. Totally unassuming, very polite, no one noticed him. Popped the phone in his motorbike helmet and was out in 3 minutes.

Sir Ranulph Fiennes, spent 3 weeks with him on the trek to and time at Everest Base Camp on his first attempt in 2008 A very funny, caring and unbelieveably fit man for his age (64 at the time) He was nothing short of charming the whole time and very interested in everyone else in the group
    He took great delight when I showed him the book that I brought along was Lawrence Dallaglio's Autobiography in telling me what an 'Arse' he had found hime to be

Kenton Cool (now 16 time Everest Summiteer). He was sponsored by part of a company that I worked for He is incredible and IMHO not as well known as he should be

Not only a hugely successful mountaineer but so willing to help anyone else achieve their goals (mine was to get to Everest Base camp). he arranged everything including getting permission for me to spend extra days at Base Camp to learn about the expedition

Lastly, I had a brief chat with Mike Kobold (of Kobold watch infamy) upon my arrival at Base Camp. He was just leaving as his summit attempt was not going to go ahead (money issues I understood) Not a particularily pleasant man and I understood hi to be one of big promises, but little delivery.........

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

Anne Widdicombe at Heathrow baggage claim.
    Did anyone pick her up?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by in_denial View Post
    Did anyone pick her up?
    Need to be a big lad!

Master
    I went to the classic car show at the NEC one year (as I often did, as I used to display a car sometimes) and one evening during setup when everyone had left, we walked into Quentin Wilson strolling around with Chris Barrie.. Quentin asked us to take their picture on his phone, if we didn’t mind, which we didn’t of course.

Was a tad star struck as I absolutely used to love Red Dwarf!

At Chiltern Firehouse restaurant a long time ago I saw Jennifer Lawrence having dinner with Tom Ford.

Master
    Kim Wilde back in the day.
    Slightly embarrassed to say I didn't even recognise her. Saw a (very attractive) lady in Heathrow, who was then also on my flight to Oslo. It was only later walking around Oslo and seeing posters for a Kim Wilde concert the next night that I put two and two together...

Oh yeah, I saw Gok Wan shopping in Helsinki
    And Moomintroll
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyloves2boogie View Post
    I had moneypenny in the shop last Friday (Naomie Harris).
    Stunning, you would not believe she is 46.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Naomie Harris.

Lovely

Regards
    V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    A bit random Roger Moore once lived at Bexley Heath, he was also the Spastic Society ambassador.

Spotted Michael McDonald of the Doobie Brothers at our hotel in Maui back in the '80s.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Spotted Michael McDonald of the Doobie Brothers at our hotel in Maui back in the '80s.

What a voice

Steve Tyler stood next to me at a urinal and subsequent hand wash at LAX. He was also three rows in front of me on the internal flight to Nashville with his dog on his lap.

Chris Eubank outside Harrods. He did stop for a photo.

Neil Morrissey in Covent Garden watching a street performer and loving it.

Emma Thompson in Liberty Fragrance section. I wondered why someone outside was taking a picture through the window. Realised she was standing beside me.

Olly Murs waiting on luggage at Heathrow.

Ricky Hatton in an Irish souvenir shop in Belfast.
    Last edited by Mr Tetley; 24th December 2022 at 23:49.

Don't really know if this is PC or non PC but I met this chap a few years- ago at Glencorse Barracks, yes I took the photo, he asked me not to take any, hence the scowl, it took us 1 hour to get to our seats after this, his bodyguards did warn me about pointing anything at him again, so I did just enjoy the rest of the day with my camera tucked away

Last edited by Dangermouse64; 25th December 2022 at 12:33.

Master
    Rick Astley lives 200 yards away. My wife is convinced that his biggest hit was Cher’s “If I Could Turn Back Time” and sings it every time we drive past.

My wife is barking.

Master
    Used to live opposite Ali G, was just before he blew up in the US so didn’t live there for that long!

In 1999 I sat with my GF directly behind Brian May and Anita Dobson in The Queen's Theatre, Shaftesbury Avenue during a Saturday matinee performance of "The Lady in the Van" starring Maggie Smith. In those days BM's hair was higher, wider and darker and I could not always see the stage properly unless he was leaning towards and whispering to Anita on his LHS. Anita Dobson's loud laughter throughout the show is very memorable. I subsequently bumped into Brian May at several London Photographica events (he collects vintage stereo photos and cameras) and at Kensington's Astrofest exhibitions (he is a respected astrophysicist).
    Last edited by sundial; 26th December 2022 at 21:37.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Master
    In the queue for the ice cream van in Wallace Park, wondered why people were staring at the tiny bloke behind me, who did look familiar. Realised it was Carl Frampton.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Master
    The Prodigy & Zane Lowe separately at Gatwick, then behind Keith Flint in the Boots (very polite, tiny & i'm not tall - sadly missed) & Zane and family subsequently on the same plane to Antigua.

Richard E Grant going through security at T5, completely normally. Meat Loaf being assisted through with a good deal of help & security.

Graham Le Saux & Jane Moore queuing behind me at the Centreparcs supermarket.

David Thewlis a few seats away & Jacqueline Wilson just behind me at the Charlie & Chocolate Factory play.

Nina Miskow at the theatre, v. noisy!

Nick Frost in the loos at the premiere of Arthur Christmas.

Bobby Gillespie next table over & Alan Ford (Bricktop!) a few away at Lemonia, Primrose Hill.

Michael Gambon in an R8 in the lane next to me driving up the A2.

Whitstable is rich pickings for this, we're there a lot & i'll forget them all but : Suggs, Louis Theroux, Tom Kerridge, Roland Gift, Esme Young, Keith Brymer Jones, Jake Wood, Daniels Mays, Sally Lindsay, Frances De la Tour
    Last edited by luckyal; 27th December 2022 at 21:04. Reason: Keep remembering others!

Master

Famous People You Have Spotted In The Wild

Was driving into London the other day and driving towards me was a 22 plate Range Rover. I spotted a blonde, fairly attractive lady in the passenger seat. Of course, I did not stare at her at all.

I glanced over to the driver and it was Ryan Giggs, giving me evils. Giggsy, I promise I was not checking out your WAG.
    Last edited by Boss13; 27th December 2022 at 21:51.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyal View Post
    The Prodigy & Zane Lowe separately at Gatwick, then behind Keith Flint in the Boots (very polite, tiny & i'm not tall - sadly missed) & Zane and family subsequently on the same plane to Antigua.

Richard E Grant going through security at T5, completely normally. Meat Loaf being assisted through with a good deal of help & security.

Graham Le Saux & Jane Moore queuing behind me at the Centreparcs supermarket.

David Thewlis a few seats away & Jacqueline Wilson just behind me at the Charlie & Chocolate Factory play.

Nina Miskow at the theatre, v. noisy!

Nick Frost in the loos at the premiere of Arthur Christmas.

Bobby Gillespie next table over & Alan Ford (Bricktop!) a few away at Lemonia, Primrose Hill.

Michael Gambon in an R8 in the lane next to me driving up the A2.

Whitstable is rich pickings for this, we're there a lot & i'll forget them all but : Suggs, Louis Theroux, Tom Kerridge, Roland Gift, Esme Young, Keith Brymer Jones, Jake Wood, Daniels Mays, Sally Lindsay, Frances De la Tour
    Wow, you're lucky, Al.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Wow, you're lucky, Al.
    Actually it used to be an ironic nickname as i'd had more than my share of bad luck..... :)

Think that long list says more about my age & time spent in various bits of London & airports (apart from the celeb mecca of Whitstable!)

Master
    Me and Kieth..

"Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Went to quite a few wildlife clubs when I was a teenager, met David Bellamy - really nice guy but a lot quieter in real life than his TV persona (same as most I guess).
    Also met Chris Packham - very enthusiastic.
    Out of all the 'celebs' I'd like to go for a pint with Ray Mears given the chance.

Coming back to post this with some trepidation as some people may think I'm making this up but it is 100% true, moreover was very recent.

In mid December last year I was shopping in Harvey Nicholls, Knightsbridge (celeb haunt I know) when (and I swear this is true) I saw Father Christmas himself. He was in a private VIP type of area area that they had designed for him, lots of elves and presents everywhere so he was not trying to go under the radar. But I definitely saw him.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Coming back to post this with some trepidation as some people may think I'm making this up but it is 100% true, moreover was very recent.

In mid December last year I was shopping in Harvey Nicholls, Knightsbridge (celeb haunt I know) when (and I swear this is true) I saw Father Christmas himself. He was in a private VIP type of area area that they had designed for him, lots of elves and presents everywhere so he was not trying to go under the radar. But I definitely saw him.
    The Elves run his security.

Craftsman
    Use to work in a cinema during my university days so met a few that would come in.

Jimmy Carr
    Ainsley Harriet
    Sarah from Girls Aloud
    Tall one from Busted (can’t recall his name)
    Dev Patel - what a great guy, spent an hour or so with him while he was promoting Slumdog Millionaire
    Anil Kapoor
    Alexandra Burke - she approached us at a shrine in Tokyo asking us to take a picture of her & her friend. We ended up spending the whole day together. Got katsu curry with her and her friend in Akihabra that evening, went JDM car hunting & even visited M’s with her ha. Very genuine person and had some cool stories. Unsure if I can share YouTube link but a clip covering our day https://youtu.be/0_WBrKKsBys

Master
    Farage in our building reception yesterday.

I just want to slap the smug git.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Was driving into London the other day and driving towards me was a 22 plate Range Rover. I spotted a blonde, fairly attractive lady in the passenger seat. Of course, I did not stare at her at all.

I glanced over to the driver and it was Ryan Giggs, giving me evils. Giggsy, I promise I was not checking out your WAG.
    Might not have been his WAG ;-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stevet1 View Post
    Went to quite a few wildlife clubs when I was a teenager, met David Bellamy - really nice guy but a lot quieter in real life than his TV persona (same as most I guess).
    Also met Chris Packham - very enthusiastic.
    Out of all the 'celebs' I'd like to go for a pint with Ray Mears given the chance.
    Saw Ray Mears at a hotel out in north Norfolk about 10 years ago. was eating a meal with my parents when he strode past, wearing his trademark “nature”
    gear so had presumably been out filming that day and was returning to the hotel.

I saw Vic Reeves/Jim Muir pushing a trolley around a farm shop deli in Faversham a couple of weeks ago.

Master
    Have seen sir Ian mckellen a few times near Canary Wharf (he owns a pub in narrow street I think) and also graham Norton in Wapping (lives there)

Sold the late John Peel a car in 1986 , probably my favourite customer.

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Have seen sir Ian mckellen a few times near Canary Wharf (he owns a pub in narrow street I think) and also graham Norton in Wapping (lives there)
    The Grapes, he used to live in the flat next door and would pop up as an impromptu barman every now and again! When the owner retired he bought it to save it being bought and turned into a tacky restaurant or split into flats. A truly nice guy with a wicked sense of humour.

Journeyman
    Pretty sure Jessica Ennis almost ran me over when I cycling.

Just spotted Hugh Jackman strolling along in London - looked pretty happy.

Craftsman
    I spotted quite a few A-D class celebrities in T5’s First Lounge over the years…

Sir Patrick Stewart, Sir Michael Caine, Gok Wan, to name a few

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by robcuk View Post
    The Grapes, he used to live in the flat next door and would pop up as an impromptu barman every now and again! When the owner retired he bought it to save it being bought and turned into a tacky restaurant or split into flats. A truly nice guy with a wicked sense of humour.

He’s such a gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by guli View Post
    I spotted quite a few A-D class celebrities in T5’s First Lounge over the years…

Snap! Spent a good hour chatting to Hugh Jackman as mentioned previously in there, a lovely fella.

Feeder

Bit niche but I often see the bass player out of the band Feeder out walking his dog. He seems a nice guy and the dog looks nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by warhog View Post
    Pretty sure Jessica Ennis almost ran me over when I cycling.

Just spotted Hugh Jackman strolling along in London - looked pretty happy.
    Not to sound crude but if I was going to get run over while cycling, I could live with opening my eyes to Jessica Ennis....

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto View Post
    David Gest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Involved in one of the funniest TV moments ever.

https://youtu.be/97pEKGNT0Xw

Quote Originally Posted by guli View Post

Is there a website that rates celebrities by class?

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    I see lots of famous people when I’m watching television. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Is there a website that rates celebrities by class?

M
    There should be. Lists are not enough
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    I know nothing about football, but for reasons too convoluted to set out, a good few years ago I found myself invited as a top table guest to the Highland League annual dinner.

As one does, I engaged the fellow guest sitting to my right in conversation, and all was quite convivial until I asked him what he did for a living.

" I manage the England team" came the slightly surprised reply

It turned out Mr Taylor was the main speaker

Oh well......

Had a chat with Alison Steadman in a Highgate boozer this evening about Gone to Seed, she later on reminded me of the name I had forgotten, Sheila Hancock. What a delightful chance meeting.