closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PSA: sale at Wolf1834

Master

PSA: sale at Wolf1834

Watch roll for £51 and 10pc watch box for £39!

Some good deals

Oh no I missed the double watch roll.. sold out now

Craftsman
    Thank you, been meaning to get a watch box but kept putting it off. Can’t complain at all when they cost £39

Master
    Thanks for this, picked up a couple of bargains!

Thanks, picked up a 2 watch travel case & valet tray

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Very decent prices but shipping is excessive for the EU.

Picked up a winder from them a few years back and been very happy with it.

Does seem a bit tight of them:

Items in our sale are considered as final sales and cannot be returned or exchanged unless faulty.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post

Items in our sale are considered as final sales and cannot be returned or exchanged unless faulty.
    But also says "This policy is offered in addition to your legal rights. " Legal rights that would allow you to return them without them being faulty?

Master
    I got too excited and ordered a box for 10 watches then realising I probably won’t be able to fill that in a long long time! Contacted them via their website to ask if it can be cancelled so that I can order the 5 watch box and they’ve proceeded to do that very quickly. So really good service from my point of view!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    But also says "This policy is offered in addition to your legal rights. " Legal rights that would allow you to return them without them being faulty?
    Yeah they can’t override the 14 day cancellation rights if bought online or your rights under the consumer rights act if faulty.

Just means they won’t offer their usual additional policy (whatever that is, 30 day return or similar).

Naughty wording though, misleading.

Craftsman
    Ordered the 5 watch box on Wednesday, was delivered earlier today. Really good quality for the price

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post

I did think about ordering something, but thought that seemed a bit naughty. I double-checked on the list of exceptions to the CCR (previously distance selling act) and it turns out, anything under £42 is exempt. So that's why they've priced those items at £39. I therefore suspect, given that I can't see any visible difference, that they are the same as the Chinese tat you can get on eBay for about £10. I won't be risking it.

Plus in general I tend to apply a "buy the seller" policy and "no returns" automatically puts me off along with things like "colours may vary" or "random item sent". In fact it has put me off buying anything from them ever, never mind this sale.

Master
    Passed the link onto my mum for Christmas ideas. Wolf decided to miss the first line of the address off the label, but its eventually found its way to her. Looking forward to receiving a new watch box for Christmas Now to look in the sales for something to put into it!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    I did think about ordering something, but thought that seemed a bit naughty. I double-checked on the list of exceptions to the CCR (previously distance selling act) and it turns out, anything under £42 is exempt. So that's why they've priced those items at £39. I therefore suspect, given that I can't see any visible difference, that they are the same as the Chinese tat you can get on eBay for about £10. I won't be risking it.

Plus in general I tend to apply a "buy the seller" policy and "no returns" automatically puts me off along with things like "colours may vary" or "random item sent". In fact it has put me off buying anything from them ever, never mind this sale.
    I think the £42 exemption is for off-premises contracts, which is different to a distance contract (which is what this is). Totally agree about buying the seller. Another pet hate is dealers that have stickers attached that say no returns if removed. Also naughty!

Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    I think the £42 exemption is for off-premises contracts, which is different to a distance contract (which is what this is). Totally agree about buying the seller. Another pet hate is dealers that have stickers attached that say no returns if removed. Also naughty!
    That one is annoying because not legally binding, but expect the seller to argue beyond the point of it being worth the hassle.

I thought distance selling was a subset of off-premises contracts, but I just checked the definitions in the act itself and it isn't. So you're right, the £42 exclusion doesn't apply to distance selling. The "no returns" thing is 100% bogus.