closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Aftermarket SMP bezel inserts

Master

Aftermarket SMP bezel inserts

Has the quality of these got any better?

I've got a 2541.80 that would benefit from a new insert but I can't bring myself to pay the nosebleed inducing price that the whole assembly now commands. Not something I would've considered before but needs must.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    Has the quality of these got any better?

I've got a 2541.80 that would benefit from a new insert but I can't bring myself to pay the nosebleed inducing price that the whole assembly now commands. Not something I would've considered before but needs must.
    Just replied via PM regarding servicing the watch etc.

I tried one of the aftermarket inserts when Cousins started selling them 4-5-years ago. The insert fitted nicely and the colour was OK, no problems with that, but the finish was printed rather than anodised and was nowhere near as durable, I remember thinking it would flake off if it got scratched.

I don’t know what the current offerings are like but I wasn’t impressed. I explained this to the owner and let him have it for free.

I've picked up a few nice used bezel (the insert + ring) on eBay over the years. Genuine, used parts with some minor scratches going for sub £100. Easy to fit with the right tool.

Grand Master
    I can’t understand why Omega don’t supply the insert as a separate part, the insert separates easily from the bezel.