closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Robot Watch - the Kopf Concept

Craftsman

Robot Watch - the Kopf Concept

https://youtu.be/NqvTEE0HOYI

I'm so pleased that my local watchmaker friend, German has been picked up by the Watchfinder YouTube channel. This watch will polarise opinion but it is one of the most accomplished pieces of Horological engineering I've ever had the pleasure to wear on the wrist. Oh, and it's fun too.

German is based in Bristol, in The Horological Underground.

Bristol GTG / Redbar organiser

That is beautifully made. I'd half-noticed it in a media feed, but dismissed it as something new from Azimuth (who I also like), but this a level above altogether.

Very impressive. Calling uktotty, right up his street I bet!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    That is beautifully made. I'd half-noticed it in a media feed, but dismissed it as something new from Azimuth (who I also like), but this a level above altogether.
    It's surprisingly nice to wear as well

Blog Entries
    It looks like a very cool and fun watch. The kind of thing that would appeal to me.

It all depends on the price, though...

Very nice, i have to say that is different to the usual watch. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I found this absolutely captivating. What a wonderfully told story. I was shocked at the price. We were guessing at the price during the video and expected it to be at least 10x; at least. Either some independents are taking the piss or this guy is just not in it for the money. Love it.
    Last edited by Satori; 7th November 2022 at 21:35.

Craftsman
    Impressive watch!

Quote Originally Posted by jason.humphrey.180 View Post

I'm so pleased that my local watchmaker friend, German has been picked up by the Watchfinder YouTube channel.
    He was mentioned on the Scottish Watches podcast too - I think you might have been as well! They spoke about the watch for a few minutes, talking about the Chaykin wristmon series for context, and it was linked in the show notes. Interesting watch - I wish I had a watch maker like that close by!

Love the watch, and while I completely understand the price, a bit rich for me.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    He was mentioned on the Scottish Watches podcast too - I think you might have been as well! They spoke about the watch for a few minutes, talking about the Chaykin wristmon series for context, and it was linked in the show notes. Interesting watch - I wish I had a watch maker like that close by!
    Thanks. Yes, I sent Scottish Watches an email a week earlier when they asked for ideas for watches that would work within a Halloween themed episode and they were kind enough to read it out.

I can't afford the Kopf watch myself and would love to have been able to support German Polosin with my wallet and just buy one. But as I can't, the next best thing was introduce both Andrew Morgan (the talking hands) and Scottish watches to his work. If German is able to scale up, I really believe he can do great things in the future. For now, though, I'm happy to trust him and his team with the odd watch service (although their waiting list has increased somewhat)
    They're also an authorised service centre for Konstantin Chaykin.

I think that the Kopf watch is outstanding and I'm seriously considering a purchase but approaching this as someone who has never even been to Bristol, it's a significant outlay with a 25 percent deposit. I don't have an issue with that per say, what concerns me as an outsider is that my money will be going to an individual that I don't know who has a small shop in Bristol and in these forthcoming hard times, anything can happen. The lead time for the watch is around half a year in which time a lot can happen so how could I feel comfortable that my deposit is safe?

Cool watch but at that price point it is out of my league. Id feel more comfortable at the 3k mark on an independent niche but fun design

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is the price of these?

£6900

Thank you. That's a little toppy, but where are you going to find something similar? There is the Azimuth BMF, which is about the same ballpark.

It's out of my price range. If I wanted a Robot Watch, I'd probably have to settle for one of these:

£8.80. Plus shipping, probably.
    https://www.fruugo.co.uk/robot-watch...0-%20(10-20%5D

EDIT: Yup, £8.99 shipping. You know you're buying tat when the shipping costs more than the goods.
    Last edited by mikeveal; 11th November 2022 at 10:48.

I have had quite a chat to Finn (who puts these together with German). It's a difficult thing to do, that's for sure.
    I gather from them that the WF video has led to a lot of phone calls, they're going to be busy people for a few months at least...