closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Car help (petrolheads needed)

Car help (petrolheads needed)

Hi there.

I know there are a lot of people keen on cars here and so I thought I'd ask for some advice.

My friend is looking to sell his 66 plate M4 Competition, as below.....

26000 miles full carbon.

Any idea of price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    WBAC are offering £27000 so Motorway would offer more.

Depends how much of a friend he is but 27-29 is ball park figure depending on condition service history etc.

Craftsman
    Just sold my VW UP GTI through Carwow , like motorway dealers bid for the car , I got a very good price significantly more than WBAC plus no fees and no knockdowns

Cant say it was troublefree but more painless than having tyre kickers/test pilots coming around

A very similar M4 sold on here just last week. Have a look at what that went for.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Liner33 View Post
    Just sold my VW UP GTI through Carwow , like motorway dealers bid for the car , I got a very good price significantly more than WBAC plus no fees and no knockdowns

Cant say it was troublefree but more painless than having tyre kickers/test pilots coming around
    Likewise. Sold my 2019 Volvo S60 T5 4 months ago to Carwow. Few minor complications with their buying process. However, received £1000 more than the Volvo dealer was going to pay me in a px.

Tried Scofields lot. Couldn’t compete.

Be weary of their gearboxes, the new release M4 uses a ZF, these older ones a BMW DCT and they are not the most reliable. If they go bang that’s a lot of money to replace.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    Likewise. Sold my 2019 Volvo S60 T5 4 months ago to Carwow. Few minor complications with their buying process. However, received £1000 more than the Volvo dealer was going to pay me in a px.

Tried Scofields lot. Couldn’t compete.
    But at least if you were in a rush you could have jumped the queue...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Liner33 View Post

I was looking for one of those for three months!

Gave up looking.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    Be weary of their gearboxes, the new release M4 uses a ZF, these older ones a BMW DCT and they are not the most reliable. If they go bang that’s a lot of money to replace.
    Not really relevant to asking about price.

Also, they are highly reliable unless the engine has had BM3 flashed & running much higher power. That said, the DCT box is rated for 700 Nm.

Myself, family and friends have but several hundred thousand miles across them with zero issues. Can you be more specific in your comment on reliability?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk