closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Parcel force delivered Item missing / stolen `

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Maybe somebody else has, from earlier deals? Might be worth looking at H&V and contacting past trading counterparties.
    Cheers raffe

Master
    Maybe he could sell the phone he bought for his daughter and use the proceeds to refund the op ?

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    I'm not defending him, just trying to reign in the fanciful notions and the 'fight by proxy' brigade.
    You’re really not helping. The seller’s behaviour is both indefensible and completely unacceptable, from his contributions to this thread to the ongoing radio silence.

Master
    It’s a shame with such a common surname in wales and based in Swansea as it throws up quite a few results.

I'm not seeing that is 'clear'.
    It's pretty clear that someone stole the bag, unless you're suggesting it just 'fell out' of the box?

I can't see where I suggested the seller was the thief, but regardless, he hasn't delivered the item that was paid for and therefore needs to make amends.

He owns Rolex watches, buys £2000 bags on a whim, buys brand new Apple Watches and iPhones. No excuses, just pay the buyer then deal with the problem that was self-created by not packing and insuring properly.

Harsh lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis9 View Post
    I can’t see how repeating the obvious is helping either.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I don't know what we'd do without you. So strong

Master
    Unless the seller is a real villain (and there has been no sign over the years) then surely his conscience will tell him it's not right to leave lenlec £800 out of pocket. There was an earlier suggestion that he had some doubt about lenlec's version of events. That must be out of his mind now and he must accept he boobed by using an inadequate service. Only a true villain could happily let this situation slide.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app

Who are ‘we’. Can you not speak for yourself?

The we is us, but who are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    It's pretty clear that someone stole the bag, unless you're suggesting it just 'fell out' of the box?

I can't see where I suggested the seller was the thief, but regardless, he hasn't delivered the item that was paid for and therefore needs to make amends.

He owns Rolex watches, buys £2000 bags on a whim, buys brand new Apple Watches and iPhones. No excuses, just pay the buyer then deal with the problem that was self-created by not packing and insuring properly.

Harsh lesson learned and move on.
    Apologies- I did read that you were accusing the seller of theft. I deduced that because it is up to the seller to report the theft to the Police while the item was in Parcel Force's custody, and not the buyer. As the buyer has not paid for the service or received the item. Your advice was clearly to the buyer to report it to the police.

Yes the seller foolishly spent the money, may have packaged it poorly, has not refunded as he should and is not communicating well. All I am doing is suggesting a 'human nature' reason why he is not communicating. Not making any excuse for him.

I have the same view.
    The seller could be reading all this without logging in. If he’s a stubborn man or has issues none of you are aware of he is now giving the virtual ‘middle finger’.
    His intention to pay when able could still be there. Attempts to dox him could easily lead to a virtual ‘two fingered salute’.

...which would make him a fraudster.

He promised on this very thread to make good and appears to have changed his mind. There is no excuse in the world that makes his behaviour OK. He is reading the Whatsapp messages and doesnt reply, he knows that he has unfinished business here and thinks his troubles will go away if he doesn't log on?

Juice is a villain, no other interpretation possible.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    I take the view that the seller is an idiot who seems to live from month to month and he took a chance by not insuring the watch and it rebounded on him. He seems genuine in wanting to pay the debt or he could be putting on a good act of contrition. Either way he has admitted in writing that he is liable to refund the money.

I would give him until the end of the month when he gets paid and if he doesn't pay up then it's the small claims court which will murder his credit ratings.

He seems to want to pay but if another debt comes along he is juggling one over the other.

So wait until pay day and if he fails to deliver, commence proceedings on the 2nd October.

That is what I would do.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I take the view that the seller is an idiot who seems to live from month to month and he took a chance by not insuring the watch and it rebounded on him.
    Keep up man. It’s a Bag. Not a Watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    Keep up man. It’s a Bag. Not a Watch.
    Plus without an address I am not sure how you go small claims route (sadly for the OP).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Plus without an address I am not sure how you go small claims route (sadly for the OP).
    There must be a database somewhere linking the sellers phone contract to an address. What about previous sellers to him (as buyer) - they must have his address (at that time).
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    There must be a database somewhere linking the sellers phone contract to an address. What about previous sellers to him (as buyer) - they must have his address (at that time).
    I had an issue with a late paying buyer once and someone who previously sold to him passed me his details - I was paid in the end, with a profuse apology.

If anyone can provide Juice's details to lenlec, that would be ideal (maybe wait until end of the month but I know what lenlec has been through so sooner rather than later I suppose)

I know everyone’s finances are different but we’re talking about a £2000 luxury hold-all here, not a £50 backpack. Anyone dropping that on an LV bag I’d expect to have £800 readily available or accessible, surely?

Apologies- I did read that you were accusing the seller of theft. I deduced that because it is up to the seller to report the theft to the Police while the item was in Parcel Force's custody, and not the buyer. As the buyer has not paid for the service or received the item. Your advice was clearly to the buyer to report it to the police.

Yes the seller foolishly spent the money, may have packaged it poorly, has not refunded as he should and is not communicating well. All I am doing is suggesting a 'human nature' reason why he is not communicating. Not making any excuse for him.
    I have the same view.
    The seller could be reading all this without logging in. If he’s a stubborn man or has issues none of you are aware of he is now giving the virtual ‘middle finger’.
    His intention to pay when able could still be there. Attempts to dox him could easily lead to a virtual ‘two fingered salute’.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    ...which would make him a fraudster.

He promised on this very thread to make good and appears to have changed his mind. There is no excuse in the world that makes his behaviour OK. He is reading the Whatsapp messages and doesnt reply, he knows that he has unfinished business here and thinks his troubles will go away if he doesn't log on?

Juice is a villain, no other interpretation possible.
    I am pretty sure that neither I or Aramis9 have offered any 'excuses' for the seller - merely offered what 'human nature' we believe might explain his lack of engagement following the notification of the item being stolen.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    I know everyone’s finances are different but we’re talking about a £2000 luxury hold-all here, not a £50 backpack. Anyone dropping that on an LV bag I’d expect to have £800 readily available or accessible, surely?
    Unless it was snide but without the bag we’ll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Unless it was snide but without the bag we’ll never know.
    True but he also talks elsewhere of picking up a watch (deepsea or maybe a Tudor) on a whim so it still suggests someone with disposable income?

Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    True but he also talks elsewhere of picking up a watch (deepsea or maybe a Tudor) on a whim so it still suggests someone with disposable income?
    Or full of sh1t....

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Or full of sh1t....
    LOL

Master
    TMS springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    TMS springs to mind.
    Blast from the past!

If it gets that far (hopefully not) and the OP needs to commence proceedings without an address, there are people you can pay who can trace that info using a mobile phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by hansblix2001 View Post
    there are people you can pay who can trace that info using a mobile phone number.
    What ? Legally ?

Quote Originally Posted by hansblix2001 View Post
    Blast from the past!

If it gets that far (hopefully not) and the OP needs to commence proceedings without an address, there are people you can pay who can trace that info using a mobile phone number.
    Can you offer up a name? There’s a scamming git I’d like to trace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mobile numbers once they are out of use can be re issued. Any decent intentional scammer will have used a cash only burner ‘phone.
    You could find yourself paying for a hacker just to discover the no. has been reallocated to a 14yr old boy. This is all without the questionable practice of hacking.
    The ‘Schofield’ defence……………..

Or full of sh1t....
    This, 100%
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    What ? Legally ?
    £220 : https://aretheysafe.co.uk/mobile-pho...er-tracing-uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Well I'll be danged !!!

Master
    My Tapatalk has an image of Juice’s full name and a photo. But can’t see it anywhere else. Very weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    My Tapatalk has an image of Juice’s full name and a photo. But can’t see it anywhere else. Very weird.
    It was posted for a while before better judgement prevailed.

Journeyman
    Tapatalk will cache a photo until its logic decides a different one should be chosen. Unless other photos are posted, tapatalk will continue to use that image (and it's anyone's guess how they decide whether to pick up a new image for the preview)

Blog Entries
    And new fathers shouldn’t be given even a day off to help out.

Why do you post like you are a giving orders?

Or are you barking up the wrong tree?
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    Have to say reading this a couple if things occur which point straight at the seller.

No real insurance , merely a lazy decision on an £800 item or not wanting to be further investigated for fraud by the courier company as he knew full well he was sending the buyer an empty parcel in the first place?

I find it very hard to believe this isn’t exactly what it appears to be . A scam by the seller .

Disregard all the other sidereal duscussions relating to the driver and the mechanics if how someone would have opened the parcel as a mere muddying of the waters ( which if you ask me the seller has been deliberately perpetuating on this this thread).

The conclusion is go with the simplest answer , seller is a scammer who sent an empty box and then threw about lots of lame irrelevent fairy stories about buying iphones for his daughter etc etc to distract and delay.
    Textbook scammer behaviour

Get the Police involved , make a report . Pass on the details . That’s all you can do. This guy is a scammer , deal with him as such .

I was scammed on AVF once . I traced down the guy’s details by looking at other sales and buys of his and asking other members for his details , goigled him and got his employer . Called him on his work switchboard and told him in no uncertain terms that my next calls would be to the police and his employer in the next 30minutes unless he paid the money straight into my account . I got the money .

I’m very sorry to hear of this Andy.

It seems to me that:
    You paid a lot of money for something
    The package had been sliced open, so it looks like theft
    The seller has gone quiet, and has your money
    You have the sellers name and mobile, but not an address

At this stage, I would make contact with the police to see what your options are. May I suggest as an opener, a Twitter DM to your local constabulary?

When my elderly mum had her credit cards misused by a carer, my initial contact with the police was 101, but I was redirected to a Twitter DM. The response was very fast, following which a crime reporting form was sent to me. There then unfolded a brilliant investigation, dawn raids and a conviction.

I think I would make contact this way, and let the seller know you have done so.

I do hope you get it sorted

BW

Dave

For me, another aspect that is flagging up the seller as a potential wrong 'un is the fact that if you post something signed for, rmsd, etc the post office staff always check that you have added a return address to the packaging before accepting the parcel. Sending it unsigned for avoided this requirement, hmmm....

It includes a child. Totally totally out of order.

You’re getting you’re knickers in a twist, this is his profile picture which can already be found on a sales post he did in March.
    It’s in the public domain already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d like Jon to contact me then and have a chat
    He’s blanked me for nearly 10 days now
    Last edited by lenlec; 27th September 2022 at 14:32.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    I hope your right mate
    I really do. I’d like Jon to contact me then and have a chat
    He’s blanked me for nearly 10 days now
    He hasn't been on here since September 19th, so he's avoiding everyone.

He can still see this thread without logging on. I’m guessing he is following every word, but knows that logging on will not help him unless he does something decent.

This thread should be in the BP.

Juice - if you are reading this, just give Lenlec his money back please.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    He can still see this thread without logging on. I’m guessing he is following every word...
    I’m sure this is true.

At this stage I really would take some action, even if that was an initial conversation with the police and a crime report.

D

Blog Entries
    Then we disagree.

It was a picture in public domain from http://jonathan-jones.imgbb.com used for posting pictures of a watch he was selling. Nothing sinister here
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    I’m sure this is true.

At this stage I really would take some action, even if that was an initial conversation with the police and a crime report.

D

What 'crime' has been committed? More like a civil matter between the two parties involved.

Theft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    It was a picture in public domain from http://jonathan-jones.imgbb.com used for posting pictures of a watch he was selling. Nothing sinister here
    The photo of the watch has geo data in it - comes back to this location:
    (removed to protect privacy)
    Last edited by Ares; 27th September 2022 at 22:05.

Does googling the mobile number throw up any results?

Or maybe facebook?

Guys
    You have been brilliant
    Helping me with advice and support
    You don’t have to. But you do.
    It’s tz at its best.
    If I ever get my £800 back I PROMISE to put £200 into
    The fundraiser in tz. .
    Thanks again all
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    The photo of the watch has geo data in it - comes back to this location:
    Pensalem Road, Penlan, Penderry, Swansea, Wales, SA5 7ED
    Certainly not the most affluent of areas when looking on google maps!

Interesting link.

Bowers & Wilkins speakers, big amp (which?) in the cabinet, pretty recent Volvo car, not exactly the backdrop of somebody struggling to find a way to pay 800 quid that they owe? Consistent with his consumption background, btw.....
    Last edited by Raffe; 27th September 2022 at 17:08.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Certainly not the most affluent of areas when looking on google maps!
    That information brings up an old wales online story through image search when referencing the name so I’d say it’s correct.