closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Recommend me a 21mm strap for a Planet Ocean

Recommend me a 21mm strap for a Planet Ocean

Looking for inspiration please chaps/chapesses.

I've had the 43.5mm black & orange PO a week now, and the love affair is not abating.

I like it on the bracelet (rare for me), but I'd like a high quality strap for it as well - just not OEM @ £500!

Needs to be a two-part strap, don't want NATO or pull-throughs.

Colours need to be black and orange.

Rounded ends would be good, but unlikely - I've not found anyone making them for these models.

Materials: high-end leather (e.g. croc, lizard, &c), caoutchouc, FKM rubber, or composites of rubber/leather/fabric etc.

It needs to be fairly thick or padded - it's a tall watch and slim straps would look daft.

I'd prefer a taper to the buckle, but not essential.

Budget up to about £200 inc hardware for something sufficiently fancy-pants.

I know I could crowbar 22mm on there, but I really don't want to.

I'm even open to offers if you have something tidy you think might be suited or you make straps.

Cheers all.

Probably not helpful if you're determined to stick to £200-ish quid but I don't think the Planet Ocean looks better than when on the OEM rubber. I'm a bracelet guy rather than rubber but I really don't know if mine will be back on the bracelet, the rubber is that good. WTB for a used one perhaps?

Get Pavstraps to make you one exactly how you want it. I've had a few custom straps made by him and never been disappointed.
    http://pavstraps.blogspot.com/ or https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/NeptuneStraps or just message him on the forum - his username is Pav79

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...t-strap-(21mm)

These are great for the money...Not sure if they do them with orange stitching though?

Hirsch Voyager -

https://www.watch-band-center.com/wa...-071-75-V.html

Should be available elsewhere.
    ______

​Jim.

I bought the non-Sinn branded DiModell Chronissimo for my Sinn U1 and I love it. I tend to use Eddie's plain Rhino straps day to day with swimming and other stuff, but I often use the Chronissimo at work etc.

I know it sounds a bit strange initially, but I think it'd work well for the Omega for the same reasons it does with the U1.
    Last edited by Jambo; 29th August 2022 at 11:22.

Blog Entries
    Barton Rubber ?

z

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Probably not helpful if you're determined to stick to £200-ish quid but I don't think the Planet Ocean looks better than when on the OEM rubber. I'm a bracelet guy rather than rubber but I really don't know if mine will be back on the bracelet, the rubber is that good. WTB for a used one perhaps?
    Thanks, I hear you, and I'm sure you're right - I love the look, but £500...! I just can't choke it down! I did try a WTB, but :tumbleweed:!

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Get Pavstraps to make you one exactly how you want it. I've had a few custom straps made by him and never been disappointed.
    http://pavstraps.blogspot.com/ or https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/NeptuneStraps or just message him on the forum - his username is Pav79
    Thanks. Worth a shout if I can get a clear notion of what I'm after.

Quote Originally Posted by valleywatch View Post
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...t-strap-(21mm)

These are great for the money...Not sure if they do them with orange stitching though?
    Cheers for that

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Hirsch Voyager -

https://www.watch-band-center.com/wa...-071-75-V.html

Should be available elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    I bought the non-Sinn branded DiModell Chronissimo for my Sinn U1 and I love it. I tend to use Eddie's plain Rhino straps day to day with swimming and other stuff, but I often use the Chronissimo at work etc.

I know it sounds a bit strange initially, but I think it'd work well for the Omega for the same reasons it does with the U1.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Barton Rubber ?

z
    Cheers chaps. Both the Hirsch Voyager and Barton have the right vibe going-on, but both a bit slim. Do want something a bit built-up/padded with the PO being such a chunk!

DiModell Chronissimo - always a good shout, and I'm sure I've seen an orange-stitched version somewhere, but damned if I can recall where!

Craftsman
    My old PO used to look great on my dark side of the moon cordura strap. I used the OEM strap and deployant, but if you're not into that you should be able to find an alternative supplier of cordura straps to match. Wish I had a pic to post up, but it was honestly such a great look and really comfortable. Even compared to the excellent PO bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by NickGaters View Post
    My old PO used to look great on my dark side of the moon cordura strap. I used the OEM strap and deployant, but if you're not into that you should be able to find an alternative supplier of cordura straps to match. Wish I had a pic to post up, but it was honestly such a great look and really comfortable. Even compared to the excellent PO bracelet.

Thanks. Looked it up, you're right, it's a great-looking strap

Even managed to find a genuine one for sale -

£676

Master
    Maybe something like this. The black orange nylon is obviously a copy of the original and for less than £60 may be worth a punt.
    I’ve bought a couple of replica straps in the past including a Cartier to save wear on the genuine one and it wasn’t that much different.
    I’m currently wearing my Seamaster on a rather nice sailcloth rubber with deployant that only cost me £18 off eBay. Far exceeded my expectations.
    Last edited by Cynar; 31st August 2022 at 19:14.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Thanks. Looked it up, you're right, it's a great-looking strap

Even managed to find a genuine one for sale -

£676
    Artem have just started making 21mm sailcloth straps (previously 20 and 22 only). If you’re into the look, they’re meant to be fantastic and about £100

Quote Originally Posted by Cynar View Post
    Maybe something like this. ...
    Thanks. That looks pretty decent - rather like the all-black with orange stitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Artem have just started making 21mm sailcloth straps (previously 20 and 22 only). If you’re into the look, they’re meant to be fantastic and about £100
    Cheers, I'll check it out

ABP have a range of 21mm straps. This may be too thin for your tastes, but it would suit the watch:

Quote Originally Posted by JackW View Post
    ABP have a range of 21mm straps. This may be too thin for your tastes, but it would suit the watch:
    Interesting option, thanks.

Thought I'd try 'valleywatch's Hirsch 'Paul' leather/rubber hybrid strap since it was a very fair price and brand new.
    I thought it might be too skinny and self-effacing for the blingy PO, but I'm rather pleased with the result; Hirsch really do make some top quality straps.

Craftsman
    I have to say I have tried loads of straps on my PO and nothing compares to the Omega one , I'd save up for it as you will end up buying one for sure probably after wasting loads of money on others like I did

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Thought I'd try 'valleywatch's Hirsch 'Paul' leather/rubber hybrid strap since it was a very fair price and brand new.
    I thought it might be too skinny and self-effacing for the blingy PO, but I'm rather pleased with the result; Hirsch really do make some top quality straps.

Glad you’re happy with it Paul, but I couldn’t live with the big gap between the strap and case. I really think it needs a strap with curved ends

Quote Originally Posted by Liner33 View Post
    I have to say I have tried loads of straps on my PO and nothing compares to the Omega one , I'd save up for it as you will end up buying one for sure probably after wasting loads of money on others like I did
    This is undoubtedly excellent advice. However... bear in mind that I'm a comprehensive idiot and so will almost certainly follow precisely the same trajectory as you did, make all the same mistakes, and only then realise the error of my ways, by which time the original will have risen to £700...

Quote Originally Posted by Cynar View Post
    Glad you’re happy with it Paul, but I couldn’t live with the big gap between the strap and case. I really think it needs a strap with curved ends
    Cheers Steve, I bloody love this watch! Luckily, the lug gap is not something that bothers me. Indeed, I think an overly-fitted look can sometimes look worse - making an over-heavy watch even more bulky-looking.
    The look is sufficiently successful that Lady Sod grabbed it, tried it on, and declared she'd be borrowing it from time-to-time!