closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TV man maths

Master
    Blog Entries

TV man maths

Just seeing that curent TVs at 65W are getting G energy ratings....my current TV, last of the Panasonic plasmas, 42", 290w

SWMBO is not going to wear a larger TV but same size that saves us cash? Maybe.

Rough guess at 6hrs a day average, probably save £14/month

Would be nice to have a QLED...

Journeyman
    Sounds like a no brainier!

Don’t understand, surely any modern TV including ones with larger screens will save you money?

We used have 2 42” Panasonic plasmas and replaced them with an OLED and QLED but the QLED has now also been replaced with an OLED. Both these TVs combined use less power then a single plasma that we used to have.

Yeah, but a juicy TV is heating the room you're in, saving on heating costs.

In years to come, it will be normal to have the tumble dryer in the living area. Mark my words!

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Yeah, but a juicy TV is heating the room you're in, saving on heating costs.

In years to come, it will be normal to have the tumble dryer in the living area. Mark my words!
    Good point. In the Winter with windows closed, virtually all energy used will warm the house.

Master
    Many years ago I bought an ex CAD dept Dell Tower. Its was the bees knees for games 2 x Processors, twin graphics cards and a stack of ram. Until we spotted our electricity bill. From memory each graphic card was 300 watts, it had about 7 fans and ran 24/7. As I write this the total demand on our house ( 2x freezers 1 fridge) is 83W!

Re Hogthrobs comment, the room the Dell tower was in was always toasty warm.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Many years ago I bought an ex CAD dept Dell Tower. Its was the bees knees for games 2 x Processors, twin graphics cards and a stack of ram. Until we spotted our electricity bill. From memory each graphic card was 300 watts, it had about 7 fans and ran 24/7. As I write this the total demand on our house ( 2x freezers 1 fridge) is 83W!

Re Hogthrobs comment, the room the Dell tower was in was always toasty warm.
    I'm sure my old 290X lightning is around the 300w range. But that's only when it's pushed to the max. Still going strong though and still plays modern games with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    In years to come, tumble driers will be banned. Mark my words!

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    SWMBO is not going to wear a larger TV ...
    You never know, she might - we'll eventually have flexible TVs I'm sure. Plus, would get you in the good books, if it means you'd be paying her more attention. Win-win.

On your man maths, makes sense to me - where you'd recoup a £500 outlay within c3 years (assuming you didn't end up watching even more TV).