closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Just dropping by to say hello

Master

Just dropping by to say hello

Hi Folks,
    How are you doing? I’m not around much these days so I thought I would drop by G&D and see how things are.

A brief report on me. I sold most of my collection to raise funds towards a house move 8 years ago and I lost the watch bug for most of that time. I retired early when Covid first hit, caught it last year and have been living with Long Covid since but can’t complain as I have loads of time for my latest obsession which is collecting and playing bass. Swmbo and kids all fine so life is good.

I have many happy memories of TZ and made some good mates over the years, sorry I lost touch.

What have I missed? Are there still pub meets in the SW?

Simon
    Last edited by Gurmot; 20th August 2022 at 09:06.

Grand Master
    Welcome back Gurmot.Sorry to hear of your long covid issue and hope its not causing too much problem for you.
    Not much change around these parts imo,not sure about the pub meets in the SW tho.
    So are you a 1 watch guy now?,if so will you start adding to that.

Atb Simon.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Welcome back Gurmot.Sorry to hear of your long covid issue and hope its not causing too much problem for you.
    Not much change around these parts imo,not sure about the pub meets in the SW tho.
    So are you a 1 watch guy now?,if so will you start adding to that.

Atb Simon.
    Thanks mate.
    I still have a few watches. Tranny and mk2 Speedmasters, 16660 Seadweller and a few Seikos and others that turn up in drawers from time to time. Just last week I stumbled across a Seiko 6139 Chrono I thought I had sold, and a WW2 Glycine mil watch I had forgotten about!

Me and Swmbo spent a few days in Jersey last week and I found myself drawn to the watch displays. I am thinking it may be time to return.

I thought it was something I said

It's very nice to see you look in, and good to hear that you have maintained a positive outlook despite the challenges thrown your way and that things are on an even keel.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Good to hear you’re back and glad you’re coping well. You never really leave this place you merely look after it for the next generation ….

Master
    Always good when an old member returns.
    Sorry to hear about the long Covid but good to hear that all else is fine.

There have been some retirement threads on here that you could probably add some insight to.

Sounds like the watch obsession just dimmed for a while…

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmot View Post
    Thanks mate.
    I still have a few watches. Tranny and mk2 Speedmasters, 16660 Seadweller and a few Seikos and others that turn up in drawers from time to time. Just last week I stumbled across a Seiko 6139 Chrono I thought I had sold, and a WW2 Glycine mil watch I had forgotten about!

Me and Swmbo spent a few days in Jersey last week and I found myself drawn to the watch displays. I am thinking it may be time to return.
    For someone who lost the watch bug and sold off some gear you still have a very nice collection!

Nice to see you back round here and hope you hang around for a bit.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Thanks for welcome back chaps. Yes, I kept some of my favourites but also let some very nice watches go. I sold a Speedmaster 2915-1 to cover some of the moving costs and made the mistake of looking at how much they’ve been selling for in the last couple of years! Ouch!

Hi Gurmot!
    🐐

Hello and welcome back

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Glad you are still around Simon

As Neil said you still have some nice watches for someone who lost interest.

Still biking?
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Blog Entries
    Hi there. welcome back.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Craftsman
    Welcome back. There are still Pub meets but they've gotten a bit bigger and under the banner of Redbar Bristol. The last meet had about 65 people in central Bristol.