closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Francis Gaye - wow!

Francis Gaye - wow!

We're all quick to grumble (rightly) about poor service but perhaps we're less swift to share good service; I know I am guilty of this at least. Well a massive thanks to those of you who suggested Francis Gaye for my Sinn purchase because I've just had amongst the best service I've ever experienced.
    Long story short, I am after an EZM 3F. There are none in stock in the UK anywhere, but I called FG's Coventry shop (rather than the 0800 website number) and spoke to Ryan and they had one they ordered back in March coming through customs, which they immediately held for me.
    I'm flying away for work on Friday for a few weeks. Today we agreed the F is unlikely to emerge before that. FG have a single EZM3 (non-F version) which just arrived at the shop so I agreed to buy that. I'll be in Surrey for work tomorrow so they're RMSDing it to there for me, and in the meantime they are going to hold the F for me when it arrives in case I decide to go for that when I'm back (which means my EZM3 will be up for sale if I do - I'll try not to break in Central America). Given lead times for a Sinn of this kind ordered new today are Feb '23, and there isn't another new F for sale in the UK as I write, this is amazing service.
    This felt like an absolutely premium and "customer-first" experience - they really wanted to help, and were happy to be flexible and creative to do so. It was the absolute opposite of my comms with Watch Geckho, who are trying to sell £1800 watches with the mindset of people selling £30 straps (including an email telling me they couldn't help because their post gets picked up at 1430 which ended "thanks for writing to us, have a great day" - as did every email in that chain; a company trying to sell premium products with the impersonal, "computer says no" attitude of a bad call centre).
    As of today Francis Gaye are my go-to jeweller. Brilliant from start to finish.
    Last edited by FrontierGibberish; 5th July 2022 at 14:05.

I can absolutely echo those comments! I've dealt with Mark and the customer service is exceptional.

That is good to hear

Great over and above service.

Not everything needs to be done on price and after reading this I'm now on their site too.

Great result. As I said in the other thread, I've only bought Seikos from them but service was always spot on.

Francis Gaye - wow!

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Great over and above service.

Not everything needs to be done on price and after reading this I'm now on their site too.
    Absolutely - although they were the same price as others. Moreover, they offer free postage but not RMSD, but they insisted on giving that for free too, and they refused to take a deposit for the F - “we’ are happy with your word on it””, they said. Absolute joy to deal with, and I mean that literally, left me feeling great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Have used Chronomaster previously, but will definitely look at these guys. I have my eye on another Sinn. If I can sell my 857 on SC...

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Excellent result - look forward to the Friday pictures!

Journeyman
    Excellent - and yep - was in there a couple of months back looking at Sinn's and Ryan couldn't have been more helpful.

Journeyman
    I bought my Grand Seiko White Birch from Francis and Gaye.They offered the most discount and top class customer service-Id highly recommend them

Good to hear.

I mean you're buying 2 fairly niche watches from them so you should be getting a level of service, but appreciate that's not something all retailers deliver.

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I also have to agree with this, I bought a Tissot PRX from Francis & Gaye a few months ago, not only did I get a discount, the all round customer service was excellent....a real pleasure to do business with.

I always recommend them being I do all there YouTube reviews :)
    Ryan is a top guy and will give you honest feedback and delivery times not like some other
    AD’s I’ve found

Master
    As a local I actually bought a Skagen from them, for my other half a few years ago (I'm not quite in the same league as you boys with my watch purchases!) and even on a cheap watch like that, the customer service was excellent - personable and friendly. They certainly seem like a company who work hard to earn your business, which is refreshing in this day and age.

Unhappy No Cake this Month

That's blown the cake budget then.
    I have never used them before however reading your thread encouraged me to have a look.
    Found a Citizen Promaster Bullhead I have been looking for at a price I was willing to pay.
    I can afford to lose a bit of cake though.

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy24 View Post
    That's blown the cake budget then.
    I have never used them before however reading your thread encouraged me to have a look.
    Found a Citizen Promaster Bullhead I have been looking for at a price I was willing to pay.
    I can afford to lose a bit of cake though.
    Order placed, payment made, confirmation email received and then it happened.
    "Sorry but we have oversold on that model" via email.
    This I was not expecting after the build up.
    Oh well back to the cake.

Superb and I agree, I've always had great service from F&G