closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 25 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 4462

Thread: Premier League 2022 - 23

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I won't shed a tear if Villa go down but I'd like to see Forest stay up.
    not going to happen. SG will get it right soon ,too many good players in the squad .

A really solid performance today, particularly when we went to a 3-5-2. Given that this our best start to a Premier League campaign and we're only just starting to play, I'd like to think we're right in the mix for top four at the end of the season.

What a tough league it is, though, and I think City are a banker for the title. I wouldn't like to call the next three at all, though.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    A really solid performance today, particularly when we went to a 3-5-2. Given that this our best start to a Premier League campaign and we're only just starting to play, I'd like to think we're right in the mix for top four at the end of the season.

What a tough league it is, though, and I think City are a banker for the title. I wouldn't like to call the next three at all, though.
    Spurs are nailed on for top 4 I'd say.

Craftsman
    Other than NLD, that was first Spurs game I've watched this season. They looked decent against a stubborn Everton side.

Costly victory though potentially, with Richarlison suffering a calf injury and leaving in tears on crutches. With Kulusevski already out with a hamstring injury and no scheduled return date, this will be a good test of their squad depth.

I do think with Conte they have a manager who brings the tactical structure and winning spirit it will take for them to sustain a run to retain top 4. I really hope Arsenal can do it too. But assuming City top, that leaves one more space between Liverpool, Chelsea, and United. Which is wild!

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Master

Premier League 2022 - 23

What a game Liverpool v City is turning into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    What a game Liverpool v City is turning into.

Absolutely cracking second half

Premier League 2022 - 23

What a goal! What a match!

Master
    Brilliant finish, but the turn was better.

It’s just great to see two teams going at it. City weren’t at their best today but that was more like the Liverpool we’ve come to expect these past few seasons. Liverpool could have had more were it not for Nunez wanting to snatch the glory for himself
    Not sure about the ref letting things play as much as he did. He has to take some responsibility for it getting out of hand towards the end.
    Our track record at Anfield remains woeful but thankfully the season doesn’t rest on this game.

Worst result for us, I'd say. Being realistic I don’t think we can stay with City for long; however, Liverpool being rooted in the bottom half of the table (for however much longer that was the case) would would have made it increasingly difficult for them to achieve top four.

Can’t see this result being good for us in any way at all.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    It’s just great to see two teams going at it. City weren’t at their best today but that was more like the Liverpool we’ve come to expect these past few seasons. Liverpool could have had more were it not for Nunez wanting to snatch the glory for himself
    Not sure about the ref letting things play as much as he did. He has to take some responsibility for it getting out of hand towards the end.
    Our track record at Anfield remains woeful but thankfully the season doesn’t rest on this game.
    That’s what makes the games between our teams so exciting. I have to be honest and say I did not expect us to get anything from this game on current form and the win is a massive unexpected bonus.

I agree City we’re nowhere near their usual best but we were certainly much better than we have been all season.

Elliot was immense and Salah showed what he is capable of when he puts a shift in, his contribution was far far more than just the goal, long may he continue in this way.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Gomez was my MOTM

Very heated game but made it more entertaining.

Ref and linesman had a terrible game though doesnt excuse Klopp. Cant believe the Ref didnt give a corner from the Salah save which led up to the disallowed City goal

So Arsenal 4 points clear with games vs Southampton and Forest coming up.

And 'boring' Spurs have the same number of points as 'unstoppable' City.

Back to Arsenal - surely they can't can they?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Gomez was my MOTM

Very heated game but made it more entertaining.

Ref and linesman had a terrible game though doesnt excuse Klopp. Cant believe the Ref didnt give a corner from the Salah save which led up to the disallowed City goal
    He too was brilliant and it’s hard to pick out an individual when everyone worked incredibly hard.

We were fortunate with having their goal struck off it could have gone either way.

A clean sheet almost means more than the three points.

Master
    Great game, a lot of liverpool
    players best game this season, back 4 were good marshalled haaland pretty well and salah a threat throughout. City will win the league but hopefully this is a sign of Liverpool getting back to some form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    He too was brilliant and it’s hard to pick out an individual when everyone worked incredibly hard.

We were fortunate with having their goal struck off it could have gone either way.

A clean sheet almost means more than the three points.

I know sky are making a deal out of it but I have to see I’d expect to see that goal chalked off 9 times out of 10 it was a pretty blatant foul.

Craftsman
    Arsenal absolutely stole the points at a fantastic Leeds today. I honestly don't know how we've come away from that game with a win. It was absolutely horrid to watch, thought my heart was going to give out, Ramsdale was my MOTM. He made some fantastic saves and spared blushes of Gabriel and Saliba - the latter of which probably had his worst game in an Arsenal shirt.

Saka's goal was as clinical as they come, a great finish. VAR and referee was topsy-turvy as ever. Leeds probably set out a tactical blueprint for other teams to get at Arsenal. After 10 games, it's possible teams are starting to 'figure us out', so Arteta badly needs Zinchenko back fit to offer tactical flexibility.

Amazing result for Liverpool, awesome result for us - under no illusions, we won't win the league - but the longer we are top the better our chances of securing top 4. I'm enjoying the ride this season!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Master
    Ageee with you for once, a fantastic game of football to watch.

Would have been happy with a draw as both team had chances and it was a pretty open affair at times.

Van Dijk fantastic today and kept Haaland under wraps.

Though Foden was very good for City but did have a chuckle when a rendition of ‘ Phil Foden ye ma’s a slag ‘ rang round the ground.

Liverpool win their game in hand and they are up to 5th so it’s hopefully can kick on and put a run together.

City will still piss the league though too many good players at the moment.

Sent from my XQ-CQ54 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Gomez was my MOTM
    Made me chuckle.

https://twitter.com/BoringMilner/sta...98661729214464

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    So Arsenal 4 points clear with games vs Southampton and Forest coming up.

And 'boring' Spurs have the same number of points as 'unstoppable' City.

Back to Arsenal - surely they can't can they?
    Yeah, and we've got Manure and The Toon... nasty.

In answer to your question, no I don't think you can. But, Corbyn Leicester...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Ageee with you for once, a fantastic game of football to watch.

Would have been happy with a draw as both team had chances and it was a pretty open affair at times.

Van Dijk fantastic today and kept Haaland under wraps.

Though Foden was very good for City but did have a chuckle when a rendition of ‘ Phil Foden ye ma’s a slag ‘ rang round the ground.

Liverpool win their game in hand and they are up to 5th so it’s hopefully can kick on and put a run together.

City will still piss the league though too many good players at the moment.

I also guffawed at calling his Mum a slag . Hilarious .
    That wonderful Scouse wit .

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Arsenal absolutely stole the points at a fantastic Leeds today. I honestly don't know how we've come away from that game with a win. It was absolutely horrid to watch, thought my heart was going to give out, Ramsdale was my MOTM. He made some fantastic saves and spared blushes of Gabriel and Saliba - the latter of which probably had his worst game in an Arsenal shirt.

Saka's goal was as clinical as they come, a great finish. VAR and referee was topsy-turvy as ever. Leeds probably set out a tactical blueprint for other teams to get at Arsenal. After 10 games, it's possible teams are starting to 'figure us out', so Arteta badly needs Zinchenko back fit to offer tactical flexibility.

Amazing result for Liverpool, awesome result for us - under no illusions, we won't win the league - but the longer we are top the better our chances of securing top 4. I'm enjoying the ride this season!

The difference in the game was a top class finish from Saka versus an un fit lacking confidence Bamford.
    I think I only remember Arsenal having a couple of shots on target but finishing from that angle was top draw.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Leeds View Post
    The difference in the game was a top class finish from Saka versus an un fit lacking confidence Bamford.
    I think I only remember Arsenal having a couple of shots on target but finishing from that angle was top draw.
    I completely agree, the finish was terrific - and Leeds were the better side. Bamford did look a bit rusty and not sure why he took the pen. Leeds will get a lot of points at home if they play like that every game!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Yeah, and we've got Manure and The Toon... nasty.

In answer to your question, no I don't think you can. But, Corbyn Leicester...
    Ha ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    I completely agree, the finish was terrific - and Leeds were the better side. Bamford did look a bit rusty and not sure why he took the pen. Leeds will get a lot of points at home if they play like that every game!

Yep Leeds were good and Elland Road never an easy place to come.

I do think going away to Norway on Thursday and ending a long unbeaten home record on a nasty plastic pitch, arriving back in London on Friday and then going up to Leeds Saturday with no preparation at all will really make an impact on freshness.

We were lucky to win today but unlucky to lose at Old Trafford so it all evens out in the end. Leeds have been unlucky for a few games now and I'd imagine their fortunes will change quickly as they bang out some wins

Some real fire from Liverpool today, especially Salah, he was 100% committed today. Shame that Nunez still hasn't become part of the team yet.

Gomez and Van Dijk were world-class, Robertson played really well today too IMHO.

That ref was very poor at times, nearly lost control of a fantastic game of football!

City won’t piss the league. The World Cup will be a big factor this season. City will have so many players there so coming back injury free will be the biggest plus. However I’m sure fatigue will be a factor for all the players from every team returning from Qatar.
    Add that to an improved Arsenal and a proven winner in Conté at Spurs there’ll be plenty of twists and turns before the end of the season.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I also guffawed at calling his Mum a slag . Hilarious .
    That wonderful Scouse wit .
    If only Liverpool fans conducted themselves with the same decorum as the upstanding examples from City.

Statement from Liverpool this evening

"We are deeply disappointed to hear vile chants relating to football stadium tragedies from the away section during today’s game at Anfield. The concourse in the away section was also vandalised with graffiti of a similar nature.We know the impact such behaviour has on the families, survivors and all those associated with such disasters.

Master
    City won’t piss the league. The World Cup will be a big factor this season. City will have so many players there so coming back injury free will be the biggest plus. However I’m sure fatigue will be a factor for all the players from every team returning from Qatar.
    Add that to an improved Arsenal and a proven winner in Conté at Spurs there’ll be plenty of twists and turns before the end of the season.
    the World Cup will be a factor for sure, but absent a challenge from Liverpool I can’t see arsenal or spurs improving that many points on last year so as to really challenge city.

there are only two teams capable of 90 plus points and one of them looks very unlikely to achieve it this year.

other teams will continue to improve but this season is too soon imo

city will win comfortably

Arsenal are the real deal imo. They will be there at the end

Sent from my XQ-CQ54 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    If only Liverpool fans conducted themselves with the same decorum as the upstanding examples from City.

Statement from Liverpool this evening
    Yep , you got me there .
    From LFC , it must be true .
    La La Liars

Master
    Yep , you got me there .
    From LFC , it must be true .
    La La Liars
    stay classy

stay classy
    Go on , liar
    What did Citeh fans sing ?
    I dare you , from your armchair .
    But yeah , I’ll stay classy , liar

Master
    Go on , liar
    What did Citeh fans sing ?
    I dare you , from your armchair .
    But yeah , I’ll stay classy , liar
    😂

I’m in my arm chair I’m sure you were there singing with your pals, you hardly need me to spell it out.

enjoy the hangover.

I’m in my arm chair I’m sure you were there singing with your pals, you hardly need me to spell it out.

enjoy the hangover.
    Sorry , no I was in with the home fans learning new words to describe Fodens Mum .
    So , again , liar . Fill your boots with what you know to be true from todays game .
    Liar .

Master
    Sorry , no I was in with the home fans learning new words to describe Fodens Mum .
    So , again , liar . Fill your boots with what you know to be true from todays game .
    Liar .
    Im sure it was all made up it’s not like city had to apologise for their fans behaviour regarding hillsborough earlier in the year.

must be all a misunderstanding.

Im sure it was all made up it’s not like city had to apologise for their fans behaviour regarding hillsborough earlier in the year.

must be all a misunderstanding.
    Maybe singing “Lizzie’s in a box “ would get us onside with your blameless support eh ?
    Any other epithets from afar you waffling liar ?

Master
    Maybe singing “Lizzie’s in a box “ would get us onside with your blameless support eh ?
    Any other epithets from afar you waffling liar ?
    I have loads but no point in continuing to engage with you clearly, and you are extra salty after today so I’ll leave you sleep it off.

Pep complaining that Liverpool fans chucked coins at him. I believe that will be the first time he has complained about having money thrown at him.

Master
    Liar .
    I was at the game, the City fans were chanting murderers, the sun was right etc.

Literally doesn’t bother me the chanting just part of football nearly every team coming to anfield sings the same or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    I was at the game, the City fans were chanting murderers, the sun was right etc.

Literally doesn’t bother me the chanting just part of football nearly every team coming to anfield sings the same or similar.

It doesn’t bother me either.
    I won’t condone chanting about Hillsborough and /or Heysel but nor will I ignore chants about Harold Shipman or calling Fodens mum .

Last season , your fans spat at our bench and this season they threw coins at our manager . That’s overstepping the mark.

Master
    Blog Entries
    No excuse for behaviour on either side.

Fan behaviour seems to be getting out of hand again.

Master
    50,000 people there, one person throws a coin, another draws graffiti on toilet doors.

Ban the pair of them and job done.

99.9% of fans are spot on up and down the country.

Master
    It doesn’t bother me either.
    I won’t condone chanting about Hillsborough and /or Heysel but nor will I ignore chants about Harold Shipman or calling Fodens mum .

Last season , your fans spat at our bench and this season they threw coins at our manager . That’s overstepping the mark.
    still sticking with shouting liar or have you settled down a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    No excuse for behaviour on either side.

Fan behaviour seems to be getting out of hand again.
    Agreed.
    To the game, I was disappointed that Grealish wasn’t starting. I think him and Foden would’ve had a field day. As it was I could see why Pep started with Gundogan and Rodri . It seemed City could cut through at will and Liverpools defenders were throwing themselves at everything. Van Dijk was superb, a reminder of his class. He prevented two clear chances that I can think of. Milner the parasite rolled back the years too but I still don’t think City targeted him enough.

Silva and Foden were City’s standout players but the rest didn’t seem to reach their personal heights yesterday and I can never understand the fear factor when we go there. The home crowd were on tenterhooks throughout the game and only really registered when there was a thunderous tackle and after the goal .

We will hopefully pick up next week, Brighton won’t be an easy game .

- - - Updated - - -

still sticking with shouting liar or have you settled down a bit?
    Don’t flatter yourself, liar .

Master
    Agreed.
    To the game, I was disappointed that Grealish wasn’t starting. I think him and Foden would’ve had a field day. As it was I could see why Pep started with Gundogan and Rodri . It seemed City could cut through at will and Liverpools defenders were throwing themselves at everything. Van Dijk was superb, a reminder of his class. He prevented two clear chances that I can think of. Milner the parasite rolled back the years too but I still don’t think City targeted him enough.

Silva and Foden were City’s standout players but the rest didn’t seem to reach their personal heights yesterday and I can never understand the fear factor when we go there. The home crowd were on tenterhooks throughout the game and only really registered when there was a thunderous tackle and after the goal .

We will hopefully pick up next week, Brighton won’t be an easy game .

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t flatter yourself, liar .
    what have i lied about?

what have i lied about?
    Well, for one you insinuated I would be singing songs mocking the dead
    You also said I would be hungover today, guessing I was drinking yesterday .

I responded to Ivan’s post about mocking Fodens Mum and you jumped in with both feet with your clubs statement accusing City fans of misbehaving. All whilst ignoring their own supporters actions .

Do you actually know what was written and/or sung ?

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 2022 - 23

On my point about fan behaviour, that’s across the board not just this particular game or teams.

Master
    Do you actually know what was written
    It said, “Kopites murdering scum H97!” and another with a reference to Heysel.
    Last edited by benny.c; 17th October 2022 at 10:37.