closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sigh

Sigh

Went to the store at 1400 precisely. Added watch to basket. Filled in details. Confirmed payment and 2 factor authentication. Page refreshed. Nothing. Email says payment not made. Shop now closed.

Sigh.

I know it has been discussed ad nauseam but this is actually really bad.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ant8519 View Post
    Went to the store at 1400 precisely. Added watch to basket. Filled in details. Confirmed payment and 2 factor authentication. Page refreshed. Nothing. Email says payment not made. Shop now closed.

Sigh.

I know it has been discussed ad nauseam but this is actually really bad.
    On the face of it, the payment 2FA does seem to be a killer. But, interestingly enough, the info I've been able to find suggests that Shopify does lock stock in baskets while payment is being processed. So if the item is in stock when you begin the payment process then you should be able to get it, as long as the payment is successful.

So it could be that your payment just wasn't successful. Whilst I've not had this with Timefactors.com, it's not an uncommon occurrence for me on other online sites. Sometimes payment just takes multiple goes to go through. :-(

Is anyone who is more familiar with Shopify able to confirm or deny this?

So if the item is in stock when you begin the payment process then you should be able to get it, as long as the payment is successful.

Based on my unsuccessful experience (once more) today where I had the item in my basket and all screens bar authentification completed by 10 seconds past two, I'd be surprised if that were the case.

I've had a look at the Shopify website and it does seem that, unless the store has changed the default settings (unlikely here I'd have thought), the item is held while payment is completed.

Shopify checkout

You can use the secure Shopify checkout to accept orders and take payments wherever you sell online. After a customer adds products to a cart, they use your checkout to enter their shipping information and payment details before placing the order.

Grow your business
    You can use a third-party post-purchase app to show features such as cross-sell or upsell offers to customers at checkout.

When a customer reaches the payment method page of the checkout, their cart is checked against your store's inventory levels. If the inventory is available, then it is held for the customer while they complete the payment. If the inventory has become unavailable, then an error message appears. If a payment fails, then the hold is released until the customer reaches the payment method page again.

You can view and change your checkout settings from the Checkout settings page in your Shopify admin. From the Checkout settings page in your Shopify admin, you can also manage how you want to collect customer email addresses for promotional marketing.

If you sell using the Online Store sales channel, then you can also change the appearance and layout of the checkout pages by editing your theme.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TF23 View Post
    I've had a look at the Shopify website and it does seem that, unless the store has changed the default settings (unlikely here I'd have thought), the item is held while payment is completed.

Shopify checkout

You can use the secure Shopify checkout to accept orders and take payments wherever you sell online. After a customer adds products to a cart, they use your checkout to enter their shipping information and payment details before placing the order.

Grow your business
    You can use a third-party post-purchase app to show features such as cross-sell or upsell offers to customers at checkout.

When a customer reaches the payment method page of the checkout, their cart is checked against your store's inventory levels. If the inventory is available, then it is held for the customer while they complete the payment. If the inventory has become unavailable, then an error message appears. If a payment fails, then the hold is released until the customer reaches the payment method page again.

You can view and change your checkout settings from the Checkout settings page in your Shopify admin. From the Checkout settings page in your Shopify admin, you can also manage how you want to collect customer email addresses for promotional marketing.

If you sell using the Online Store sales channel, then you can also change the appearance and layout of the checkout pages by editing your theme.
    Many thanks.

I have replied in more detail over in the other thread: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post6001500 onwards. I suggest the discussion of the issue of locked baskets is continued over there.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 29th May 2022 at 15:46.

Craftsman
    Why I stopped collecting TF watches, and subsequently sold up the collection I had.