TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Boss is back

The Boss is back

https://brucespringsteen.net/news/20...r-announcement

Dublin sold out gutted i missed this
    hopefully more uk dates to Come

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Apart from being one of the best artists you can hope to see, he's also one of the best value in terms of time spent on stage.
    We saw him six or seven years ago in Cardiff, after nearly three hours he sent the band offstage and did a solo acoustic set including a wonderfull rendition of Thunder Road.
    Good luck regarding tickets, hope you get to go.

No British dates

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    No British dates
    That’s annoying as I’d love to see him live but do want to travel overseas for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    No British dates
    They are coming, likely end of July and August.

From the email I had “ Additional cities and shows in the UK and Belgium will be announced at a later date.”

Saw him first in 1981 (at the Manchester Apollo) and numerous times since. Hoping to get to two or three on this tour as could well be his last.

"Additional cities and shows in the UK and Belgium will be announced at a later date."

hyde park tickets on sale now ticket master and axs

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mav112 View Post
    hyde park tickets on sale now ticket master and axs

Booked and confirmed by 9.05, with ticket office opening at 9!!

Master
    All booked for BST in July next year. Haven’t seen him before so looking forward to it.

Master
    Got mine for Hyde Park on Monday (I registered for a pre sale with BST).

Thought about Villa Park as I think it will be better in a stadium. First saw him in 1981 and agree he 3-4 hours of music is unmatched.

Gutted. I somehow totally missed the launch. Busy day at work and just saw the email in my inbox, of course everywhere is sold out

Blog Entries
    I thought you meant Eddie!
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Jesus Christ.

Just read that and started hiding all the stuff that was delivered today

Master
    Looked this morning for the Murrayfield gig, sold out mostly in minutes, eg. very expensive standing still available, or other previously cheaper tickets I’ve seen on scalper sites at 3x face value.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    Looked this morning for the Murrayfield gig, sold out mostly in minutes, eg. very expensive standing still available, or other previously cheaper tickets I’ve seen on scalper sites at 3x face value.
    Not really surprising given that anyone can register for the early presale. I got mine on Monday morning.

Master

The Boss is back

Well I got tickets for Tampa, FL next February, the first gig of the tour. Can’’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lomax99; 22nd July 2022 at 16:20.

he,s. looking good

https://youtu.be/us642mR5ibs

Blog Entries
    Springsteen's daughter buys the saddles for her horse riding career here, locally, in my hamlet(!) The lady saddle maker and her husband got a phone call from Springsteen's management. In short: two tickets for the Dutch gig and a meet and greet with the Boss and the band.

Blog Entries
    he,s. looking good

https://youtu.be/us642mR5ibs

Yes! But what a help from Brandon and The Killers!!! This is a golden match.

The Boss is back

First night tonight in tampa someone is streaming it now on fb

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by mav112; 2nd February 2023 at 04:45.

The Boss is back

Last edited by mav112; 24th June 2023 at 10:32.

Master
    Here in Gothenburg - you can’t move in this city for Springsteen fans

My brother has a spare for London. If anyone is interested pm me and I will put you in touch. He is selling at list plus the booking fee, but not looking for a profit. He just had major back surgery so cannot attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Longblackcoat View Post
    Here in Gothenburg - you can’t move in this city for Springsteen fans
    Sweden and Springsteen are in a very special relationship. I've seen him twice in Stockholm, unbelievable action.

The other one is Metallica, and they played in Gothenburg only last week. Nobody's got time to do any work in Sweden these days....
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Sweden and Springsteen are in a very special relationship. I've seen him twice in Stockholm, unbelievable action.

The other one is Metallica, and they played in Gothenburg only last week. Nobody's got time to do any work in Sweden these days....
    It sure does, this is my third time in Gothenburg for Springsteen. It was a cracking opening show, nights two and three should be great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    My brother has a spare for London. If anyone is interested pm me and I will put you in touch. He is selling at list plus the booking fee, but not looking for a profit. He just had major back surgery so cannot attend.
    If his ticket is with axs he should be able to sell it on the app. I sold 2 the other day. Went right away

If his ticket is with axs he should be able to sell it on the app. I sold 2 the other day. Went right away

It is and he can do that, I said I would ask on here if anyone wanted, someone responded but their inbox is full so I cannot pm them.

I saw him in the mid 80s on the Born in the USA tour at St James Park Newcastle. Great show, but went on a bit, over 4 hours if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I saw him in the mid 80s on the Born in the USA tour at St James Park Newcastle. Great show, but went on a bit, over 4 hours if I recall.
    Never seen him playing less than three and a half hours. You get your money's worth, always.

Craftsman
    I'm off to see him with the Mrs in Copenhagen in a couple of weeks. The flights, hotel and tickets worked out cheaper than buying resold tickets and paying for a hotel in London!

Master
    Never seen him playing less than three and a half hours. You get your money's worth, always.

Only three hours these days, though there are a lot of songs - he did 29 songs the other night and there wasn't a lot of chat between them. Sadly, he did what seemed like a ten-hour version of Kitty's Back, which I could have done without. The not-great original is about 7 minutes, the live version more than double that and has lots more jazz.

I abso-bloody-lutely hate jazz. Even when done by The Boss; I could feel my life slipping away. Thankfully followed by the fabulous Nightshift, which restored the mood!

Master
    Bruce Who?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    Bruce Who?
    Lee.

Not to be confused with 30p Lee, obvious-lee.

Only three hours these days, though there are a lot of songs - he did 29 songs the other night and there wasn't a lot of chat between them. Sadly, he did what seemed like a ten-hour version of Kitty's Back, which I could have done without. The not-great original is about 7 minutes, the live version more than double that and has lots more jazz.

I abso-bloody-lutely hate jazz. Even when done by The Boss; I could feel my life slipping away. Thankfully followed by the fabulous Nightshift, which restored the mood!
    This made me smile - I was at Villa Park with my Daughter and we had standing tickets. Had been on our feet in the heat (45 minute walk to the stadium too) for about three hours and I was almost shouting at him to stop the bloody jazz during Kitty's back :-).

The musicianship and entertainment was first class for the whole concert but the second half (especially given how well some of his hits transfer to "stadium rock") was just wonderful. One of my best live music experiences ever - was still buzzing the following day.

The most impressive thing for me was after a really intense 3 hour set, he finished with an acoustic song (see you in my dreams) and he looked like he could have done the whole thing again, at 73. I've got 20 years on him and needed a sit down!

It’s not just me that hates Kitty’s Back and the time it wasted when there are so many better songs! :). Must admit I’m not a nightshift fan either so that was the only low point at Villa park the other week.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by catflap View Post
    It’s not just me that hates Kitty’s Back and the time it wasted when there are so many better songs! :). Must admit I’m not a nightshift fan either so that was the only low point at Villa park the other week.
    I’m not a fan of them either but they are on every set list. Seeing him next week at BST and hope set list changes!

Only just spotted this thread but I was also at Villa Park last Friday. Also not a massive Kitty's Back fan - probably should have gone and got a beer - but other than that, he was superb.

Going next Thursday

Grand Master
    I like Sprinsteen's earlier stuff prior to mid-80s, Born In The USA was the last decent album he made in my opinion but I don't rate that as highly as The River, Born To Run, Darkness On The Edge Of Town, or the first two albums either. I saw him in 1985 at Leeds and he was brilliant, but I was much more into his music then than I am now. Have to admit, when I`ve seen him on TV recently he still sounds credible despite advancing years and it sounds like he still gives a decent performance, but my days of concert-going on this scale are over, too much hassle for the limited enjoyment I`d get.

I find it surprising that an extended rendition of Kitty's Back earns criticism, I`ve always liked the track! The jazz analogy amused me, as I`ve grown older I`ve got into Jazz, took a while but I got there.

One of my favourite Springsteen tracks is Frankie, which didn`t feature on the mainstream albums and wasn`t released until the 4CD box set (Tracks) came out in 1998, I recommend this boxed set to any Springsteen fans.

Master
    Old rockers never die, they just keep doing come back tours to top up their retirement funds. How sad! Unless you have adoring fans, who will love you no matter what you sound like (some old geezer screaming and strumming with your guitar turned way down, so that nobody can hear how bad you really play!).

Old rockers never die, they just keep doing come back tours to top up their retirement funds. How sad! Unless you have adoring fans, who will love you no matter what you sound like (some old geezer screaming and strumming with your guitar turned way down, so that nobody can hear how bad you really play!).
    What a load of tosh. Steven and Nils are still better guitar players than 99% of the young ones.

Master
    What a load of tosh. Steven and Nils are still better guitar players than 99% of the young ones.
    Check out the video of the latest show (assuming that you know what to look for) and it is obvious. When in the presence of great guitarists or singers with a real voice, he just looks at them in awe!!! He should have sung the Roy Orbison song "Oh Yes, I'm the great pretender"! Watch the videos of Roy Orbison's Black and white night. Eg:-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANy4x3wgTSA
    He doesn't even come close to hitting it!

Check out the video of the latest show (assuming that you know what to look for) and it is obvious. When in the presence of great guitarists or singers with a real voice, he just looks at them in awe!!! He should have sung the Roy Orbison song "Oh Yes, I'm the great pretender"! Watch the videos of Roy Orbison's Black and white night. Eg:-
    Like this?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I like Sprinsteen's earlier stuff prior to mid-80s, Born In The USA was the last decent album he made in my opinion but I don't rate that as highly as The River, Born To Run, Darkness On The Edge Of Town, or the first two albums either. I saw him in 1985 at Leeds and he was brilliant, but I was much more into his music then than I am now. Have to admit, when I`ve seen him on TV recently he still sounds credible despite advancing years and it sounds like he still gives a decent performance, but my days of concert-going on this scale are over, too much hassle for the limited enjoyment I`d get.

I find it surprising that an extended rendition of Kitty's Back earns criticism, I`ve always liked the track! The jazz analogy amused me, as I`ve grown older I`ve got into Jazz, took a while but I got there.

One of my favourite Springsteen tracks is Frankie, which didn`t feature on the mainstream albums and wasn`t released until the 4CD box set (Tracks) came out in 1998, I recommend this boxed set to any Springsteen fans.
    Agree with most of this. Saw him first in 1981 and also at Leeds in 85 and a few other times too. Went to Hyde Park last night and it was an excellent concert. Shorter than he used to do but still three hours. Kitty’s Back was actually better than I thought it would be and the older tracks probably outnumbered the newer ones.
    You’d have to go some to better numbers 20 to 27 on the set list.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce...-1ba7dde0.html

Master

Never assume you're cleverer or more able than the posters on this forum.

As for Springsteen, I've been listening to him since 1978 and his voice is not what it was. It can't be, he's 73 years old. But if you seriously think that he or any any of the E Street Band aren't top-tier talent, as you seem to be implying, perhaps you could just lay out your palmares? Be good to know who's doing the criticising.

"And yet, he shows no signs of stopping... or even ageing."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66131282

Looking forward to the show tomorrow.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoughie0 View Post
    "And yet, he shows no signs of stopping... or even ageing."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66131282

Looking forward to the show tomorrow.
    Enjoy it! The set list doesn’t change much and if I had a criticism it would be the spontaneity, I used to like the fact he’d pick a sign out of the audience and play the song.
    Despite being in his 70’s I still think his voice is pretty good and he is an under rated guitar player. He’s also surrounded by great musicians and Gary Tallent and Max Weinberg are superb.

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    Enjoy it! The set list doesn’t change much and if I had a criticism it would be the spontaneity, I used to like the fact he’d pick a sign out of the audience and play the song.
    Despite being in his 70’s I still think his voice is pretty good and he is an under rated guitar player. He’s also surrounded by great musicians and Gary Tallent and Max Weinberg are superb.
    But Roy Orbison.

Master
    I went to Hyde Park and loved the show, the venue, the crowd the atmosphere and the sound on Thursday. Like one of the posters above, I also saw him in 1981 (easy to remember as my wife was 38 weeks pregnant and it was my sons 42 birthday this week), at Wembley. I have since seen him half a dozen times, and own all his albums.
    His voice is not (quite) what it was, and the volume not quite so high as others I have seen - but it was still a great, great night.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
    I went to Hyde Park and loved the show, the venue, the crowd the atmosphere and the sound on Thursday. Like one of the posters above, I also saw him in 1981 (easy to remember as my wife was 38 weeks pregnant and it was my sons 42 birthday this week), at Wembley. I have since seen him half a dozen times, and own all his albums.
    His voice is not (quite) what it was, and the volume not quite so high as others I have seen - but it was still a great, great night.
    Glad you enjoyed it…. My 20 year old lad was guitar tech for one of the support bands…

He had a good time